It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Website Operator Threatened By Armed Thugs!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Anti-War Website Operator Threatened By Armed Thugs!

www.prisonplanet.com

The operator of a leading alternative news and strongly anti-war website has become the target of nefarious thugs apparently in the employ of the U.S. government who have continually harassed him and ordered him to shut down his website.

Tom Feeley, owner and editor of InformationClearingHouse.info, has endured public harassment, home invasions, death threats and threats to his family simply for running a website.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
And so it begins...

I wonder, if these individuals continue with their sites, if they will "commit suicide", "have an accident", or be the first "Homegrown Terrorists" to be rounded up for their outspoken dissent?

Fun times we're living in...

Whitney writes that earlier this week Feeley’s wife was startled to suddenly discover three well dressed men standing in her kitchen who told her that Tom must “Stop what he is doing on the Internet, NOW!”

To emphasize the point, the thug pulled back his jacket to reveal a gun while barking out the warning.

Tom’s wife was hysterical and refuses to go back to the house. She contacted the FBI but was told there was nothing they could do.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I spend most of my day wishin' a mofo would be standing in my kitchen.
I would teach them how to spell KALASHNIKOV.

Maybe these guys just need a body as "proof" they are being intimidated.....then maybe the FBI would look again.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Another false flag operation on the part of Alex?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet

What? Alex Jones, albeit overzealous, is a journalist of integrity. He has spawned a new generation of yelling over the top of people clones of himself, which is bad for discourse. But you really don't believe Alex Jones fabricated this story?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Were these "thugs" wearing brown shirts by any chance?
Just a hunch.

She contacted the FBI but was told there was nothing they could do.

...Because they had already sent two teams to her house last week...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I personally wonder if the government would actually play it's hand so sloppily.

It's entirely possible these are thugs acting on their own and pretending they represent some form of government authority. Some of these people have some odd obsessions about authority figures and will claim to be CIA, FBI, etc.. and are just nutcases trying to make themselves feel important.

Could also just be general far-right/pro-war extremists trying to intimidate the guy. We've seen what some of these people are willing to do.

Personally, I recommend the guy arm himself ASAP.

I second Grafilthy's point about a body making it impossible for the authorities to ignore it.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by CO Vet

What? Alex Jones, albeit overzealous, is a journalist of integrity. He has spawned a new generation of yelling over the top of people clones of himself, which is bad for discourse. But you really don't believe Alex Jones fabricated this story?

With a story that comes straight out of a mobster movie with no evidence to back it up, sure looks like it.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Plucky....
This is completely off topic, sorry, but u2u is down....
That is the funniest effin' video I have ever seen on your signature!
You cracked me up and got me in trouble at work.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Or.... it could be a goose, grebe, gallinule, mallard or a coot.

Reserve your judgement until we have more information. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Mmm...so Alex Jones is a duck? The story did not come from Alex, rather someone else...checking...Ill get back to you on that. There is no surprises, dissent will soon mean a concetrawation camp.

reply to post by Grafilthy

Tim and Eric are my favorite comedy duo these days. And they always have WIll FOrte with them it seems:

www.adultswim.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I would think that if the government wanted him to stop posting, it would be easier to hack his website and post things that the government wanted to see.

This seems to be a put up job.

There is no evidence that the government had anything to do with this.
There is no evidence that there was anyone in the home.

There was no evidence of any crime actually being committed.

And worst of all, it's just being reported on prisonplanet. I've read way too much unsubstantiated garbage on that site to believe, without further proof, that anything really happened.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

We have not been presented with any evidence or information that US CORP was not involved in the intimidation.

There ya go, prove the negative.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Exactly Wildbob. Sounds more like a publicity stunt to drive up traffic to his and this other guy's websites.

I'm sure if Alex wanted to, he could've posted evidence to back this up.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I would think that if the government wanted him to stop posting, it would be easier to hack his website and post things that the government wanted to see.

Your dissident website gets hacked and goes down mysteriously.
Who are you going to assume would be behind this?

A random, overweight joe in a black jacket walks up to you in a carpark and tells you to stop posting things on the Internet...
What would you assume?
ANYTHING.

Maybe this guy's drunk. Maybe he's the author of some "rival" blog. Maybe he's an old friend I pissed off.

The whole point is to be anonymous.
Denial of service attacks can be traced with good firewall software these days, plus it's not like they could do much, he would just revert their edits.

You think they're going to dedicate an entire office down at Langley to hack some liberal writer's website and post Neo-Con propaganda on it each day?
lol

And it would only bolster his cause that he's a conspiracy expert because now he's been the target of government hacks and so forth.
So he MUST onto something...

It's much easier to send some hired goon squad to his house and give him a few stern words.
Plus it makes him look like a complete nut to everyone else.
"These men in black showed up at my house yesterday"

See where I'm going? These kind of deterrent threats are far easier and far more anonymous.

I've read way too much unsubstantiated garbage on that site to believe, without further proof, that anything really happened.

Oh I'm sorry you were expecting a Hi-Definition video recording of the incident by the wife, who like all of us keeps a digital handicam on her at all times?

You've got eye witness testimony from Tom and his wife, plus a Alex's testimony that he experienced similiar confrontations.

Just because the website doesn't tickle your political fancy, doesn't mean you should discredit the testimony of people you don't know.

[edit on 7/8/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Exactly,or maybe Ruger or Smith&Wesson. I personally refuse to live in fear of things like this so I have armed myself as the laws of the land say I have the right to. My wife is proficient in the use of pistol,rifle and shotgun and I reccomend that all women learn do defend themselves in this manner. The person that comes into your house and threatens to do you or your family harm should expect to be killed by the homeowner. I would not hesitate to shoot to kill anyone who did something like this.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Alex Jones, albeit overzealous, is a journalist of integrity.

You sir, just made me burst out laughing, which is something that very rarely happens online to me. I thank you for making me as giddy as a schoolgirl in a stiff updraft. There are two words which I would never associate with Alex Jones, one being "journalist" and the other being "integrity." Why in the world isn't there anything about this on informationclearinghouse, itself? Might it be because enough bases are covered when a thrid party reports a fabricated story vs when someone directly reports their own fabricated story that it was less of a "losing all credibillity" risk for both parties to run the story on Jones' website but not on Feeleey's? Survey says: ding! ding! ding! we have a winner.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
disgusting this imperialist fascist genocidal USA , it tries to suppress true dissidents and freedom fighters like Alex Jones and others, who fight against the tentacles of corporate genocidal fascism of the US govt

May God Bless people like Alex Jones who want to overthrow the fascist genocidal dictatorship of US corporatism and its puppets

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
...You think they're going to dedicate an entire office down at Langley to hack some liberal writer's website and post Neo-Con propaganda on it each day? ...

Actually, the U.S. Government, several branches in fact, HAVE ADMITTED TO THIS VERY THING.

You see why they get away with it? They even TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO, and when it happens, people still say "They would never do that!"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Even if this did happen it is ridiculous to conclude it was a government agency. There is nothing in that article to indicate it was. No matter what I think of the government, I'm pretty sure they are not that dumb.

The "thugs" who did it, if anyone did it, deserve to be locked up even if it turns out to be a conspiracy by Jones and the other fellow to increase their revenue.

If it was the government, they have sure become incredibly incompetent all of the sudden. I've been recruited by two such agencies when I was younger and the academic requirements were staggering (I said no of course). Only the top 1% even get a chance to work for these agencies. This was the action of people the opposite of who they hire, if it did happen. If it was Uncle Sam, they would have just bankrupted them and left them penniless to beg for a dishwasher job. This is not Romper Room. Although, I think Prison Planet may be

Having said that; I do think this is possible and could have been done by some radical nut jobs. Lots of nuts out there on both sides of the fence. You can get a good black suit at a thrift store for $20 or so. Maybe some vigilante group. It would make a good movie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join