It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough With The anti-Religious Stuff!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You know, I love ATS, I really do.

However, there is something that bothers me. Every time I log on, I see hate threads about religion. Now, as a "new ager" I suppose this shouldn't be particularly disturbing to me, but it is.

I mean, I realize that organized religion is rank with conspiracy, but to completely downgrade a belief system is rather distasteful in my hoest opinion. We all know my opinion about modern day Christianity and Islam and the current "war on terrorism. If you don't, you can inform yourself on this thread here: World Rule

With all of that being said, I think enough is enough.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good call.
I am in complete agreement. Religion is not a good use of our time and energy.

We're here for the weird stuff on this site folks, not religious beliefs. Those are personal and should be kept that way.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i agree completely. its one thing to discuss the issues surrounding religion, fine. but when someone starts a thread just to bash others who believe in that religion, thats when enough is enough.

i like to discuss, but drop the anti religion crap.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
May I suggest that there be equal care of posting promoting religion. Perhaps we can get a HOAX label for the Ron Weiland schyster threads that use peoples faith as a tool to coerce them through fear of hell. Think about what a hoax is and how it can be used to manipulate people. That is why I am here, to expose the lies.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Maybe people hate religions because the people who lead them and are suppose to be the examples arent being that great of examples.

I for one abhore organized religion. Its a joke.

"Jesus Saves...But only after I've been Paid" (quoted from Anthrax Song)

Almost every war in history was fought over what?

(Edit) Nobody should be personally bashed for thier beliefs though.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The fact is that there are many conspiracies that revolve around religion. That's not going away any time soon. There's lots here for everyone, if that topic bothers you, stay away from them would be my advice. There are some forums I try to avoid because they get me going.

*awaits an opposeing thread, "Enough With The Religion Stuff*

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well, I seen a couple of things that caught my eye...

the Ron Weiland schyster threads that use peoples faith as a tool to coerce them through fear of hell.

I completely agree. The threat of "hell" has been used for centuries by TPTB... To me, it is like telling a child "if you don't do what I say do, you're going to pay." I don't buy it.

Another thing that really caught my eye was this comment:

"Jesus Saves...But only after I've been Paid"

This is a common tactic by evangelical televangelists. "Oh, just send me $50 and I will be sure that God hears you." I have news for everyone, God ALREADY hears you and your prayer will be answered. It may not be answered the way that you wish it to be, but it will be answered. You don't need a mediator.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid, yeah, I could do that. I completely stay away from the 9/11 forum because there is some of it I agree with and some that I think is complete bunk... It is not my forte to start with.

However, religion and spiritualiy are things in which I focus upon. To be truthful, I am interested in hearing what people have to say about it, but, when it gets to the point where people are personally attacked by others who really know nothing about the beliefs systems they are downgrading, I have to say something and will continue to do so.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

if u dont want the anti - religous threads you should also ban the pro religous threads.. swings and roundabouts

i think discussion from both viewpoints should be encouraged.

just because at the moment thier is a rash of anti - threads.. i bet if u look at it in the long run it will even itself out.

you know if someone posted on A.T.S ' i know how the universe was created

and have a book to back me up ' bible ' they would be laughed off this site for lack of evidence, subsequently the anti threads would be bashed for trolling.

exanples? terra papers and many others ... its just certain religous belief's have ingrained themselves in our world over centuries, they were established before freedom of information between the masses was even available.

anyway gonna shut up now did not mean to turn this into a religous debate

Both viewpoints should always be allowed .. untill someone proves conclusively one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
[. untill someone proves conclusively one way or the other.

Well, you and I both know that will never happen...so....

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

[. untill someone proves conclusively one way or the other.

Well, you and I both know that will never happen...so....

so.... both viewpoints should be discussed until proven, or until one is proven to have much more evidence than the other making it the most likely scenario.

just playing 'devils' (HA!) advocate

Whatever the 'truth' is i would accept it with open arms ... if it was the truth

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Whatever the 'truth' is i would accept it with open arms ... if it was the truth

Certainly...

The problem is that there is an ever increasingly thin line between lies and the truth. There are half-truths, not too sure that there is a such thing as the WHOLE TRUTH

top topics

join