It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We did it!-- A Message and call to action from Dennis Kucinich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Last week, Congressman Dennis Kucinich delivered a petition bearing more than 100,000 names to the Speaker of the House urging that impeachment proceedings begin into the conduct of President Bush. In a special video message (click here), Dennis is asking for your help to deliver an even more powerful message to Congress when it reconvenes in September. With new disclosures that the Administration tried to "cook the books at the CIA" by creating a phony, forged link between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein, "We cannot step back and let this President escape accountability."

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I've signed the petition for impeachment, and sent letters to my representative and watched the cspan broadcast of the hearings. I loved it when the lady that was there, said she believed we had enough evidence for a twofer, both Bush and Cheney.

I don't really believe this is going to happen, due to most of the democrats and the republicans are working together, making deals, pretending to be enemies, and playing the blame game. As long as they both convince thier supporters, that it is the other guy's fault, and they are trying, but their hands are tied due to the other guy, they have it made.

When the republicans are in charge the democrats blame them, when the democrats are in charge the republicans blame them, it is a total cop out and both parties do it. This allows them to continue to get elected. Jessee Ventura compared the political arena to wrestling. It's all a show.

What we need to do is start a petition to the world court to try, Bush and Cheney, and their cohorts for their crimes. Then we need to stop voting for the democrats or the republicans and vote in independent candidates.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by goose]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

I, for one, would not invite a world court to take this case. If there is to be any true justice served we must serve it here, in the US. I don;t like the idea that we should accept that the legislative and judicial branch can't be trusted to execute the law. If thats th case than we are accepting the status quo and simply seeking punishment for the jokers responsible for the flimflamming of the American people will NOT solve our problems at all.

What the three branches of government need, in my opinion, is a colossal-scale enema and a reintroduction to the responsibility they OWE to the American people (NOT the party).

And please accept that the true nature of the situation is, there is NO fundamental difference between either of the so-called two parties in power. They have both been utterly co-opted by the transnational corporate elite.

Our nation has an enemy within. It's called the corporate citizen, and it has overthrown or infiltrated all three branches of our government. Using the total control of wealth and information they have achieved immunity from oversight, and herein lies the problem.

I will not surrender the right and responsibility to prosecute American criminal elements of ANY kind in my own country. The world may 'try' these criminals, but I would not agree that it is exclusive or somehow 'over' our own justice. Whatever the cost, we must not give an inch towards allowing some supranational 'authority' to extend over the the sovereignty of the country I, my family, and many others has fought and or died for.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I signed it immediately. Thanks for posting the vid.

I expect the Gestapo to be at my doorstep shortly. I'll see you all in one of the Rex-84 camps.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maxmars, You are right, the corporations are running our country, and have our politcians and most other areas of our government by the balls, they are all, bought and paid for IMO.

So with all that YOU said, do you really think that there is any way that these criminals are going to ever, even be considered for arrest, in this country, much less a conviction?

MM is owned by the corporations, 5 or 6 corporations, total own all of our main news sources, right now we are seeing judges side with the corporations, most of the time, most of our government officials are influenced strongly or owned by corporations, so where is this outcry for justice going to come from?

Even if due to a grassroot movement there was a cry for justice here in this country, it would be ignored by the MM and the politicians and the courts, just as the outcry over the this war has been ignored. For the longest time the people who were heard by voicing dissent was labeled traitors.

Right now Karl Rove is ignoring a supeona to testify before congress, he even went out of the country, during the time he was supposed to have testified. There is an online petition to get his butt locked up, and nothing is happening.

Recently four people tried to do a citizens arrest on him for ignoring the supeona, and they were arrested.

Congress finally voted to find him in comtempt, Pelosi put it off until September, they all had to take a vacation, you know since they were all working so hard.

It would be nice if some government body took the initiative and arrested these criminals known as the President and the VP and their staff who have broken the laws, but I don't think given the situation we are currently dealing with, in this country, that it is going happen here. I wish it would, but I seriously doubt it.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by goose]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

What you say is true. We desperately need to have the body politic whipped and put back in line. But it is a privilege they reserve for themselves. When the government must grant you the 'privilege' of suing them, it's not likely to happen. Juris prudence needs a summary review and a complete overhaul because its entrenched stupidity has overcome its ability to understand that their mandate MUST come from the people.

We however have given them a 'status' and they cling to it just as the Pope clings to the ability to invoke 'Infallibility". Who is to challenge the legal armor? The BAR has been absorbed, the political parties are like a baloon, full of the corporate servants, all we see is the surface, if they become no benefit to the corporations the will deflate and become impotent, sort of like a third party.

All this is to say they only serve their own interests and there is no compulsion or motivation to actual be a true 'servant' of the state (the people).

Our nation's pride was the tolerable presence of government in the lives of the citizens, no longer. Not only is the government ruling us, they are also separated from us by legal entrenchment.

To correct the course of the nation will require a citizen's movement. To paraphrase an excellent writer, a movement by, of, and for, the citizens. Said movement must NOT rely on finance and media. The currency of this movement must be outside the ability of the establishment to control.

Communication is man's power, our ability to coalesce jointly process information and develop the science to overcome unacceptable limitations. We are in danger of being unable to congregate to accomplish this (which I think is one of the miracles of humanities growth as a sentient cooperative species.

When charges brought by a citizen of the United States against an enemy results in the incarceration of the accuser, something has gone terribly wrong. The forms MUST be obeyed, whether ludicrous or not, a Judge should have been civilly and legally compelled to hear the charges against anyone, once issued in accordance with those forms (of law).

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This revolution you speak of, will not happen, the sheeple are too busy watching videos, and playing games. and the rest are so busy making a living so their families can survive. They don't even have the time to see what is going on.

The truth is by the time things get so bad that everyone gets up, and starts working together to bring change, it is going to be too late.

The only real hope we have of seeing anything change, is for a world court to hold these people responsible for their actions, and maybe the ones that follow will do better.

Right now, I hear talk of the speculators possibly running up the price on food, if they do that the way they have done oil, it might actually cause change, but I doubt it.

We are dealing with people in control of our government, who have an agenda, that does not care about what it's people think, we are not important.

To tell you the truth, I don't even trust the supposed good guys anymore. I think they are just playing a role of crusader for justice, just to appease us and make us think they are in there fighting for us and to make us feel like we have someone looking out for our best interests, going to bring about change, but it never happens.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
lol go dennis!....oh wait hes a kook and a whackjob according to the right wing...nothing to see here!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Right on! Thanks for posting this. DK is absolutely right "there HAS to be accountability". Despite the fact that Bush is about to leave office and a new POTUS is about to replace him he MUST be held accountable for his actions as well as those who have served with him. Choosing to overlook his crimes would lead to further degradation of our countries laws and the constitution.

DK is a REAL American hero IMHO.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Where do I sign?

new topics

top topics

join