It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victims of Rwanda, Darfur, Iraq, ect. Does Jesus hear their prayers? Or just Christians.

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It seems to me that much of modern Christianity is conditional on the acceptance of Jesus. Only then will he "answer" your prayers. So where is he for the hundreds of thousands who cried out for him in prayers only to be slaughtered by his fellow man. Are their prayers for a few extra dollars for the new church parking lot more important then an Iraqi mother for her dying son?

[edit on 7-8-2008 by luxor311]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Bad things happen.
I've read stories where Christians in Sudan and Iraq had miraculous deliverance because of their faith!
I've also read stories of how Christians have recently been burnt alive(on purpose)
by muslim extremists.

One missionary(I think he was german) was burned up in his car WITH his two young sons!
But, Christian Iraqis and Sudanese are more often targeted for their conversions.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

So prayer dosen't really matter?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311

So prayer dosen't really matter?

No, it REALLY matters.
I read one account of a muslim woman who went to mecca on pilgrimage and she (being a woman) was having a hard time. She prayed to God and He showed her that Jesus is the Messiah.
I, personally have had miracles because of my asking God.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No one's prayers are more important than anyone else's. Jesus appeared in the New Testament accounts to Saul, who hated Christians. To say that Jesus, who sacrificed Himself for all mankind, listens only to a select group is to totally miss the whole point of the religion.

That Iraqi mother praying for her children, to whom is she praying? How is she praying? And why is she praying? All of these things matter. When someone goes for a job interview, they are basically 'praying' (asking someone in higher authority) for a job. Will it help if they ask the secretary? No, she cannot hire them. Will it help if they show up in tattered jeans and a dirty t-shirt that says "smoke more dope" on it? Yes, they are advertising that they don't want the job, regardless of their request. Does it matter if they demand a job at gunpoint? Yes, for obvious reasons.

When 'job skills' forums are offered to those who need help with interviews, it is applauded. Why then is it condemned by society when someone tries to offer religious teachings?

Remember the definition of prayer: asking for something from one in authority.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

I think this post is meant to draw a theological debate about Christianity but all dogmas seem to concede that life is meant to have hardships. Based on studies prayer does show evidence to have measurable effects regardless of one's religion or the deity they pray to. I do agree that it is absurd to believe Jesus is the right deity and all others are wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

That's a ridicules answer..Does it matter "who" she prays to? weather it be Allah or Jesus?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I don't know, to be honest. Is Allah real? The Muslims say he is.

I know Jesus is real (but before you ask, no, I can't prove that to you, nor will I try). I know my prayers have been answered with both yes and no.

Is Jesus the same as Allah? I don't think so, but then again, I really don't know. If you're wondering about some of these answers, I'd have to suggest you ask them.

As for my answer being ridiculous, is it really? Would I get answers to my prayers by asking the spirit of the big oak tree in my backyard? Or maybe I should go to the little elm right behind my house? Both would be ridiculous IMO, simply because I don't believe in them and therefore have no faith in them.

I would hazard to say that whomever one prays to could be labeled as ridiculous by someone who had no faith in them. And without faith, the supernatiral can not be proven or disproven.

In short, a question was asked. I answered it. If you do not like the answer, I am sorry. Be careful what you ask next time. You might get an answer.

TheRedneck
(heading back out, so please, everyone flame among yourselves
)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
you can pray to allah, jesus or god all you want but you also have to have the foresight to protect yourself.

i will personally pray to God when the muslims attack here in the US but I'll also do it while reloading whichever weapon I may be using at the time to blaast them to meet their 70 virgins.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Put down the shotgun rambo. There are no muslims attacking the country. Pray to god to gain perspective, acceptance, and compassion.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is no Jesus...there is no invisible man in the sky who listens to your pleas for help.

There just isn't.

And the sooner people eliminate this notion that some make believe entity is going to step in and fix their problems for them, the sooner they can get busy fixing it themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by Fathom

Put down the shotgun rambo. There are no muslims attacking the country. Pray to god to gain perspective, acceptance, and compassion.

God helps those that help themselves. and i do have a shotgun, i have a mossberg shorty. look it up, it may be just what will save your sorry butt when the going gets tough.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
There is no Jesus...there is no invisible man in the sky who listens to your pleas for help.

There just isn't.

funny that the first thing people do (believers and non believers) when their life is threatened, THEY PRAY... "Oh God plese don't let me die"
and then their head is slowly sawed off by some muhlla in a turbin and a dress.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is a ridiculous question to begin with, since NONE OF THESE PEOPLE YOU PRAY TO EXIST on any level!!!!

Prayers are like curses, they only work depending on the power YOU put into them. WE affect our situations, not some historical myth.

Those of you who claim to have had miracles just saw what you wanted to see. And if these were things can't be answered or proven natural by science or some other system of logic, does not mean some super being did it for you.

We as humans are capable of a lot with our own minds. Take the credit, you answered your own prayers.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

world war 2

jews persecuted

jews pray

after hundreds and hundreds of years

the house of judah gets a home of their own

prayers answerd

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
when people realise jesus is already here and understand the bible has been misconstrude and he was not a jew nor of any religon he will care. He is just a normal man he cant do anything until people accept him as a normal person that they have been lied to all their lifes, until then, no.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

i have def had prayers answered

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm religiously atheistic, but I've got to say the original post seems to lack understanding of Christian belief. Christians stress the importance of the world to come (after death) and, at least in scripture and in theory, reject earthly comforts and pleasures. Catholics are particularly notorious for glorifying the gruesome suffering of believers, who endured hardship without complaint all in the glory of god. I'm sure that any good Christian who finds himself suffering because of war or genocide - especially if he suffers because of his devotion to Christ - is on some level elated to be able to martyr himself.

It's a slave religion meant to comfort the otherwise hopelessly oppressed dregs of society by convincing them that for their fellow sufferers eternal paradise is just around the corner and that those who are rich and powerful on Earth will be reduced to nothing in death. Just look at their greatest hero - a weak, pathetic man who allowed himself to be tortured horribly, paraded through the streets and nailed on a cross to die in shame. And to make that cross the symbol of this faith? It's really quite disturbing.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It's a slave religion meant to comfort the otherwise hopelessly oppressed dregs of society by convincing them that for their fellow sufferers eternal paradise is just around the corner and that those who are rich and powerful on Earth will be reduced to nothing in death.

'Dregs of society'?
Most are ONLY opressed, because they remain STEADFAST Christians.
All they would have to do to gain societal favor, would be to renounce it and become muslim or Hindu or other.....
We speak to God through Him.
We have a relationship with the creator that many seek in UFO's and the occult.
You have no clue about spirituality.
Having money is not sin. It's the Love of money that's the root of all evil.
Not money itself.

Just look at their greatest hero - a weak, pathetic man who allowed himself to be tortured horribly, paraded through the streets and nailed on a cross to die in shame. And to make that cross the symbol of this faith? It's really quite disturbing.

Jesus was not weak and pathetic, nor is He. Mercy doesn't equate weakness.
He was SO powerful that when He was tempted to bow down to the devil and henceforth, circumvent the crucification and have worldly treasures beyond human comprehension, He stood firm!
He willingly laid down His life, when He could have called the angels at His command to miraculously save Him from the cross!
Yes, the devil thought it was a great victory, only to be defeated when Jesus took the keys to Death, Hell and the Grave from him.
When He arrives in the second coming, he won't be a lowly servant, but, a King!
(The anti-christ comes first, though as a deceiver, don't forget that.)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You're making my point for me. You speak of Christ's refusal to accept the relief from suffering Satan tempted him with as a virtue. I'd assume, therefore, that you believe Christians should emulate their savior and endure worldly harm - especially if they would have to renounce Christ in order to do so. And if it would have been wrong for Jesus to beg God for forgiveness and send a heavenly host to fly him away from Golgotha, why should the Christian suffering in Darfur dare to ask God to whisk him away from Sudan?

And then you start speaking about what will happen in the future, when supposedly everything will be set right and Jesus will return as a king, etc. This echoes my earlier argument that Christians do not live for this world, this moment and this life but instead for a fantasy beyond our current condition.

Once again, to complain about any ills that may befall you in this life is to be thoroughly un-Christian. Your god works in mysterious (and cruel) ways. Do not question them. Suffer and continue serving him in silence.

top topics

join