It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repugnants hacked & monitored Dems computer for a year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The same could be said of Repugs, Variable. Try and deny it. Both parties are corrupt. But the right is far worse in their behavior, atleast in the open...

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Don't Republicans have fathers?
Didn't they teach you to take responsibility for your wrongs & take it like a man?
Really, the amount of whining is embarassing.
It's very simple: It was wrong/Immoral/disservice to party & country - plead your sins/penance & be done with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
How can I deny an unknown? To be honest you should admit that the main stream media would love nothing better than to dig up dirt on any major conservative politician. To say that corruption exists on both sides, in generality I would have to say, I agree. Corruption probably does exist on both sides. But, in a two party system one has to decide which side is in line with the fundamental ideals that you, as a person subscribe to.

I think that Government is good at very few things, they take money from people who work for a living and they decide what to spend it on based on what they think will get them elected again. The best government is a small government; the best way to limit the power of the government is to limit the amount of money they can take from people. That means simply to cut taxes. The side benefit of a smaller government is there are fewer people who can impinge on our freedoms (this is a broad subject). Every day the government is in session they pass laws, those laws take rights that exist today and delete them. Some of this is good, but in the main, it is my opinion, that the bad outweighs the good. Government cannot, in and of itself, produce jobs and grow the economy. They are consumers, not producers. Freedom of action, access to capital and ideas are what make the United States the strongest country the world has ever known. Democrats used to be for the average man, I don't think they are anymore. I think the ideals I hold dear are best matched by the Republicans at this time. In the future who knows? My mind is not clouded by a party affiliation but, is guided by which party or which person I believe might think, as I do.

Variable

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Corruption probably does exist on both sides. But, in a two party system one has to decide which side is in line with the fundamental ideals that you, as a person subscribe to.

Which is oh-so-hard to do when you think both candidiates are not good for the citizens of this country.

Originally posted by VariableI think that Government is good at very few things, they take money from people who work for a living and they decide what to spend it on based on what they think will get them elected again. The best government is a small government; the best way to limit the power of the government is to limit the amount of money they can take from people. That means simply to cut taxes. The side benefit of a smaller government is there are fewer people who can impinge on our freedoms (this is a broad subject). Every day the government is in session they pass laws, those laws take rights that exist today and delete them. Some of this is good, but in the main, it is my opinion, that the bad outweighs the good. Government cannot, in and of itself, produce jobs and grow the economy. They are consumers, not producers. Freedom of action, access to capital and ideas are what make the United States the strongest country the world has ever known.

Boy, this is a great statement!!!
Our federal gov't has so outgrown the initial purposesof the Founding Fathers. Big federal government needs to be replaced with small federal gov't and larger state commitment! Escept for the defence of the Republic, most laws enacted after the Consitution seem to create dependency on government.
I won't even go into the creation of the federal income tax and all that entails.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join