It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving The Existance Of God Cannot Be Done, Stop Trying

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
If God doesnt exist then you dont exist .
We are in the IMAGE of something arnt we ?

I believe it is the other way around. If humans didn't exist, then God wouldn't exist, as he is only a myth created by humans. Christians like to believe that the Universe was created for us and that it revolves around us. Wouldn't it be more plausible to think that we evolved to fit the universe?

I always wondered why athiests didnt believe in God .
It is just that you need proof for every single thing before you will believe it ?Is that it in a nutshell ?

Why don't you believe in Zeus? Buddha? For some, belief is determined by probability. I will never know 100% that God, Zeus, or any other deity didn't create the Earth, but I know that the probability for such occurances is extremely low.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Where is your evidence?

If I told you that pink unicorns exist, then the burdon of proof lies on me.

Atheists have been waiting for Christians to prove God's existence, so if we still do not believe, then that says a lot about God.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Just maybe if yall thought about it
God could have sent Jesus to do what he did just to show you how that this life is not all there is and that the body and spirit are seperate entities ..and your body is going to die ..NO MATTER HOW MANY EXPERIMENTS yall do to the body ..it wont work ..it will backfire on you and your flesh ...and you will rot anyway ..back to dust ...but your spirit is going SOMEWHERE ....And your assumptions that there is no after life is BOGUS ..and so you better really think about what you do in the here and now ..

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Your an Athiest who believes in Zeus ?

What happened to yall in your childhoods that you dont believe in anything ?
Too many disappointments ? what ..
How can you believe in Science ? Thats a hit and miss too isnt it ?Yall have to have some faith to believe in it ...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I think why Quote "Proving The Existance Of God Cannot Be Done" is because each human primate, has their own god, according to their own judgement, to suit their own Ideas,

Don't get me wrong, as I have not stated whether or not I believe in a God.

First it is Important to understand what God is!

Not what human Primates want it to be!

To Understand what the True meaning of God, you have to understand the "Word" God.

The roots of this, can be found in the Old Lost ZIONic language...

God is nothing like what "human primates" believe it to be today.

So first let us find out what the "Word" God means...

Take it from One, who has experienced Death as what primates call it.

Yes I was reported as "brain dead". for more than 30 minutes by Doctors, and I mean Dead, Not as in a near death experience.

I was about to be Tapped and Embalmed OK!

But from my view, I was more alive than dead.

So I don't have to guess or believe I know first hand OK...

I know what happens when you Die.

But this world is a very important program of Creation as a whole, because it contains the program of The Birth of The Man Child...

The Birth of The Man Child has absolutely Nothing at all to do with Human Primates!

Instead it is to do with the Soul!

Humankind does Not know what the Soul is, or what it is for!

Jesus the carpenter never taught religion and said "Bow Not down to Me but to thy Lord Thy God"

Jesus Christ is a Name of office and Not a human name.

IC XC

Jesus said "I am The Son of Man and The Son of God"

These are two different things.

The Son of Man is actually the Soul and Not a Human Primate!

The Son of Man is "The Man Child"

The Son of God is Not Human but a Lattice work formed from Light.

You can find this in the Book of Ezekiel...

If you want the Geometry of this then U2U me and I will send you the faultless Geometric Drawing of the Lattice work or Matrix...

Jesus was God made manifest in flesh.

Remember that even his own disciples did Not recognise him after the resurrection as they walked for some hours with a man on a road and only at the end of their walk, did he change the images of his body so they would know him...

He told the man on the cross next to him that he would be in paradise with him that day but Jesus was placed in a tomb.

The tomb is Not Paradise!

But the Son of God returned to the Outer of the All (The Father).

It was First born or the Life of God that rose the carpenter from the grave,

You can't kill Life!

Life is Life and Not Death.

Jesus said "Destroy this temple and in three days I shall rase it up again!"

What is The Temple ?

And who is I ?

So the Carpenter did Not give Life to the Flesh, but Life gave Life to the Flesh... The Carpenter was the Temple or of human origin.

But The Life is in God...

But What is God....

For the answer You have to find what the "Word" is of God because TRhe Word like all words Tells you.

So decode The "Word" God in the ZIONic Language and Not in English, Greek or Hebrew!

I suggest for a start, that people should get hold of the ancient writing, called "The Thunder Perfect Mind" and read it... You can find it on the net...

There is No Christianity today!

It is Romanism... and Not the teachings of The Carpenter.

He said "The Wicked One shall come and Deceive the "Whole" World and that has been fulfilled!

Notice He said The "Whole" World Not Some of The World!

Back then He told the Disciples that what they were looking for had already come but they did not recognise it...

The Teachings have Nothing at all to do with human Primates, but to do with the history of Creation and The next stage, the last 1,000 years so if you are waiting for The Son of Man to return you are about 2,000 years too late.

The Two resurrections took place nearly 2,000 years ago.. (including a few others)

Friendly regards,

The Matrix Traveller...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
TruthParadox is somewhere between atheism and agnosticism...I'm not sure. He does not believe in God, but I do not think he fully denies that there may be a possibility of such a being's existence. He has stated that he is open-minded to the fact that the possibility exists.

Your an Athiest who believes in Zeus ?

Not to butt in, but he doesn't believe in Zeus, however, he does hold open the door that such a being may exist, or the idea was inspired by misunderstandings of another being...or misunderstandings of nature. But, I'm sure the door's more open toward God's existence than Zeus'.

What happened to yall in your childhoods that you dont believe in anything ?

We believe in many things. It's a good question though. You see, many atheist were once part of a religion. I am no atheist, I'm agnostic, but I was a Christian. My father was a pastor even. Now, the question is, why am I no longer a Christian? Well...as I got older and I began to question certain things about Christianity and many other religions...many things just did not make sense. So, my logic told me I was living something that...well...doesn't make total sense. I saw too many contradictions and errors to consider this "perfect" law perfect. When you realize what is supposed to be "perfect" is not...you become confused and lose faith in a lot of things, especially your previous beliefs. It's easy being a believer, it's harder being a believer who turned non-believer.

I started losing faith when I was about the age of 10. A simple question like...Why is Christianity right while all other religions are wrong? Why is any religion the right one, when every follower of their religion is convinced that theirs is right? How can that be possible? Someone has to be wrong...correct? But who? If this, or that is the right one...why doesn't everyone follow that path? And from that one question, you start looking at things with more scrutiny. You start reading deeper into what they teach. You analyze it to the point where you're not searching for answers, or even trying to regain your faith...you actually start searching for more errors to kill the doubt in your mind that there are actually errors in something that's supposed to be "perfect."

Let me ask you a question. If you are reading a perfect book, and find 2 errors that completely throw off exactly what the book is supposed to stand for...would you question all else in that book? Can that book even be considered a reliable source of information? This is how the Bible is. And most of the errors are so simple really...so simple, that I'm convinced a perfect, higher being could not have made such simple errors. Only man can do such silly things. I do believe in a, or a few supreme beings, but I am 100% certain that this/these beings are NOT the beings portrayed in the Christian Bible. Maybe they were, before man twisted, corrupted and edited the information...maybe the Bible has been wrong from the beginning...I do not know. However, I do know that the Bible is wrong now.

Simple questions really...
Why does God need to test Job to know where Job, or any other person heart lies? Isn't he supposed to know this already? What is the point of the test exactly? How can an all-knowing being need to know something? Doesn't make sense, does it? I'm not going into a topic about the contradictions in the Bible, I'll save that for another time. But, just giving you something to ponder about. Why is it that we say Amen to praise the Lord, when the word Amen comes from Amenhotep, an Egyptian king who was praised using the word Amen...but came some thousand years before Jesus' time?

Too many disappointments ? what ..

Indeed, Christianity has and continues to disappoint me. But, I'm not biased, many religions...hell, even the idea of religion disappoints me. I will say this though, I have great respect for the Buddhist religion, as it actually encourages people to question their beliefs.

How can you believe in Science ? Thats a hit and miss too isnt it ?Yall have to have some faith to believe in it ...

Well, yes, we do have faith in order to believe in it. It's simple really...if science generally did not make sense and contradicted itself to the point that you can't take it's word for anything...believing in science would be much harder for me, and for you as well I'm sure. Having faith in it would be...well...not very wise would it? It would be...faith wasted in a sense. I'll call that wasted or...aimless faith.

Science by itself has plenty to go on, the computer you're typing your response on is thanks to science. Cures and treatments for many diseases is science. We believe in science, because it is something that answers our questions sensibly. Science is not perfect. There are parts of science that are fact, and then there are parts that are theory and idea. The facts can be proven, the theories and ideas are theories and ideas, because they cannot be proven yet. Science makes way for error, in that, if a new discovery is found that helps us, or even disproves an older theory, we listen and are not quick to dismiss it. We search for the truth and nothing more.

Let's say you took a child who knows nothing of science and tell him something called science existed and that he should believe in it, because you have a book that says you should...and that child follows your path, asks no questions, doesn't read your book very much, but is convinced that science is the real deal. Keep in mind that I'm still using the supposition that science is generally very wrong, contradictory and makes very little sense...what would you call this child's faith? I would call it, blind faith, because that's exactly what it is.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by sdrawkcabII]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In all seriousness here if you say you used to be a Christian and are not one anymore then I would have to say that you never really were one to begin with.Maybe you just went through the motions and didnt really believe anyway.
If you truly had a born again experience then you dont forget it and it does not just fade away .....it becomes more and more real with each day ........

And I could not walk away from being a believer even If I tried to .
It is part of me now .it has changed my life for the better and continues to change my life and my heart and the way I view life . ..I have seen too many things and been through to many things to even have a small doubt in my mind or heart.And it is not because I am delusional because I am not .If I were to share my whole life situations with you all you wouldnt believe it ...

And this
[Science by itself has plenty to go on, the computer you're typing your response on is thanks to science]

THere is plenty of ERROR with this Computer ....it has tweeks and twitches and most of the time does not even want to work properly ..So your god (technology and science) has more errors (margins of errors) if not more than you say the bible is ..Science and Technology is just as HIT AND MISS as you say believeing in God is .
So should I toss the computer because of the errors and say its all bunk ?

I am not saying I believe the bible has errors (maybe some small ones) ..
I am just saying why did you toss it because of some small errors and yet keep this doggone computer that has so many errors that it is not even funny >?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The one thing that I keep seeing get repeated here over and over again is the same thing that you all are accusing Christians of doing ..

Science is without error their research papers are without mistakes
God and the bible are not .

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well then, explain to me why an all knowing being would require the need to test someone's faith?

That's all I ask...and that's just the tip of the ice berg.

Don't get it twisted though, I have strong beliefs in spirituality and the spirit realm/dimension. I think one day, if we live long enough, studying spirituality would become a science and would hold much more weight in the scientific world than it does now. Remember, there's a huge difference between spirituality and religion. Why do I believe in spirituality? Because, like you, I have experienced a lot of things that, right now, science cannot explain. Things I have seen, and things I was a part of. So, I know that there's more to this life than just buttons and screwdrivers. I never said science was perfect...it isn't.

The thing about science is that, yes, we know it's not perfect and we cater for this, but unlike your Bible, too many things in science make sense.

The things I have experienced, I attribute them to higher beings/energies. I do NOT attribute them to the works of the Christian God or the Christian teachings, because many of the teachings and words from God directly, do not make any damn sense. Why should I believe something filled with nonsense?

I am not saying I believe the bible has errors (maybe some small ones) ..

"Maybe some small ones". Have you read the Bible? Some of the errors in the Bible are HUGE. The error I pointed out is HUGE! Because, it shows that God does not know everything...which he claims. So, what is it? He is contradicting himself. How can a perfect being make such an error? And if he does indeed know where someone's heart lies and tests them anyway...what is the point of that? To play games with the person?

I am just saying why did you toss it because of some small errors and yet keep this doggone computer that has so many errors that it is not even funny

Like I said, that is no small error. And believe me when I tell you, you do not want to get into an argument with me about errors in the Bible. That's a very small one compared to some other errors out there...very small. But, I think it's blasphemy for you to compare your God to a computer. C'mon, a computer is subject to error, man made it. We do not live our lives based on the laws of computers. We do not obey computers...computers obey us. Computers do not dictate what is supposed to be right or wrong. Computers, are just that...computers. They are tools. I use computers for graphic design, and game design, because, without them...I can't get the job done. Don't take a simple man-made machine and even put it close to the words of the supposedly mightiest being known to man. It's a rediculous argument. As I've said before, I believe the Christian God that we read about today in the Bible is...well, like a computer, in that, it has a lot of errors. It's simple logic really. Can a perfect being make errors? No. The fact that you suggest that there may be small errors in the Bible says a lot. A perfect being must have NO errors. No flaw...nothing for people to question. If the Christian God was indeed perfect...people would not question him. Everyone would follow his word. What would there be to question? What would there be to doubt if it were as perfect as it claims to be?

You have not answered any of my questions. You haven't even attempted to. You dodge them and continue to respond with "because I have witnessed" etc.

Answer my questions. You asked us a few questions, and I went into incredible detail trying to answer all of them. If you believe what you believe in. Defend it. Prove to me why it is real and that what some say doesn't make sense, makes sense. Show us. I'm not a man of too much pride. I am open to all things, and will eat my words if there is enough evidence to suggest that I should. But, please...answer my question, and tell me how it makes sense. You don't even have to bother to tackle the issue of Amenhotep. Just let me know why an all-knowing being must test someone in the most horrid of ways to know something about them...when he is supposed to know already?

EDIT:
To AshleyD:

For someone who isn't supposed to judge, you're awfully judgmental, or is that an opinion?

I do not hate Christians. I try to show love as much as possible to all conscious things. I take spirituality very seriously and believe that love heals many things. I do not need a book riddled with error to allow me to be the best person I can be to all living creatures, which includes, insects and plant life.

I did not leave my faith, because I was faced with adversity. You speak as if you know us personally. I believed in Christianity very much. It was a very strong faith. I remember, my pops and I used to handout little leaflets about God to strangers on the street. There was a time where I never doubted it. And, please, do not speak to me about adversity...you do not know the life I have lived. I started questioning what I believed in, when I saw that certain things were out of place in thought and "perfectness".

[edit on 6-9-2008 by sdrawkcabII]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I really enjoyed your post and agreed with much of what you said. I am very wary of the so-called 'Ex-Christians.' Especially the ones who are downright hateful towards current Christians. Once you have been touched by the Holy Spirit, there truly is no going back. Many people might think it is a cop-out to say ex-Christians were never really Christians to begin with but I don't know what else to say. Not to mention the ex-Christians who give the reasons why they left the faith. Some of those reasons are so poor and flat out wrong that I can't imagine any knowledgeable Christian giving them an ounce of merit.

Sadly, many Christians don't know about their faith. They believed what they were told and never really took the time to research the WHY's. So it was a shallow belief. Then when faced with the slightest bit of adversity or one of the most easily debunked skeptic arguments against the faith, they bolt without looking back. It's really odd. Not surprising, though. They have two options: Either be what the Prodigal Son parable is referring to or consider themselves among the last days apostates.

I do try to fight for 'ex-Christians' because it breaks my heart. However, I refuse to haggle with the spiteful, hateful ex-Christians. Only the Holy Spirit can convict them to bring them back.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

As for the possibility of proving the existence of God: Yes and no. There is evidence but not 100% undeniable proof for all people. We have to remember that there are individuals in this world who don't want to believe. Nothing you could show them or tell them would convince them- or at the very least open their mind to the possibility- because they don't want it to be true. I keep hearing atheists say, 'Hey. Just show me evidence.' Then you do and they're like, 'Oh you're an idiot.' So they are not sincere. They justify their disbelief with some of the most illogical and fallacious arguments I have ever heard and that gives away their close-minded bias. I have to honestly say it frustrates me because I want to help them. But one can only do so much before walking away. You can't make a starving person eat when they don't want to.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Not an error at all, do you really expect to be able to understand how God thinks enough to make a logical conclusion?

I am amazed at others who use the arguement "Well if he really is God why didn't he just..". Come on people!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Dear Straw
What errors ?
The ones I was talking about are like spelling etc ...

And what questions really do you want me to try and answer?

The supposed contradictions come from someone not wanting to read it in context and cross reference etc ..the bible is very deep and some things in it are allegorys,dual fulfillments,parables and hidden meanings,require deep understanding etc etc ......
It cannot be read like just a book ..

And about your question on whether or not I would just dump a book that had a small error in it or maybe even a few errors ..NO I WOULDNT ...I would try and find out why those errors were made and if in fact they were errors or maybe it is coded as to its meanings ..or whatever I would investigate as much as I could before just tossing it as hearsay ..I would also just try and skip over what I thought was untrue and GLEAN what truths out of their story that I could ..I take what truths they wrote and toss the other aside .. ..I would finish the WHOLE book ...and then reread it to make sure I read it right (with the mistakes that may have looked like mistakes but maybe were not mistakes at all ) maybe it was just my measly little brain that didnt understand it ...I am not a narcissistic thinker like some may be around here ...I leave room for the fact that I COULD HAVE READ IT ALL WRONG and TAKEN IT ALL WRONG ....(waith any book I read)

Take the UFO stuff
I DONT BELIEVE IN THAT AT ALL ..as far as being real creatures from other planets ..But I dig into it as much as possible and give the believers the benefit of the doubt that they may really believe it to be true and maybe just maybe I am not being open minded enough to see it ..I admit I could be wrong ..And they certainly have contradictions in their sightings etc ..
But most definately something is being seen and there is something to the UFO situation ..I am not gonna toss the baby out with the bathwater ...just over a few supposed contradictions (or what I may have just thought were contradictions) that is just plain wrong to do ...for any of us to do ...

I am pretty sure that many supposed contradictions in many books,beliefs whatever could be explained away if I were to really take the time and dig deep into it ..I bet I would find out they were not contradictions at all ..But very deep deep things that I just didnt care to even look into it ....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is an example of what I am talking about. Currently another member and I are working on a project. We set up a certain segment of evidence concerning Christianity through the scientific method, of all things. But there is a particular atheist who is desperately running around in circles trying to debunk it. He has left dozens of comments on that one submission, has PM'd us both like crazy, and even resorted to sending me emails through my website contact form because he didn't realize I was the same person he had already been talking to elsewhere.

It's not that he is trying to understand because his arguments are so outlandish, incredible, and condescending it is hard to believe he is being sincere. It is a sad but true phenomenon. Some people do not want to believe. They have no desire to believe. Such a thing would require them to step outside their comfort zone. It would be one thing for him to be presenting valid skeptical objections but they are so off the wall it truly makes me sympathetic for him. For some reason, it is like the stronger the evidence, the more ferocious the the critics become. People's hearts are currently hardened and they remain willfully ignorant. It is genuinely like the warning of Matthew 7:6. When you reach out to such people, they don't just attack your argument, they turn around to attack you as well. They are fiercely protective of their disbelief and don't want the evidence to interfere or the evidence provider.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ashley
[I do try to fight for 'ex-Christians' because it breaks my heart. However, I refuse to haggle with the spiteful, hateful ex-Christians. Only the Holy Spirit can convict them to bring them back.]

Yes thats the only reason why I even bother ..they seem so lost within themselves they cannot even think outside of their own minds ..
And we all know how deceptive our minds can be ...dont we ...

I really believe that if they really did recieve the Holy Spirit it would be impossible to just get rid of God in their lives ..As the Holy Spirit is a living entity that does convict the heart daily ....and you cant fight it .
Believe me I know ..I was called very early on to come ..I didnt do it ..
I also tried to walk away once I did recieve the Holy Spirit and there was no drug no alcohol,no other religions ,no nothing that could get that TUG at my heart that I kept feeling to go away .
It became a real battle (worse than the battle I had going before that time)
Eventually I got tired of fighting against it and I just said OK >>I am done with this crap ..and I am tired of all this horror in this world and the way I felt when I was trying to run from God ..was just too much for me ..
So I just sunk into his arms ..and I will not ever try leaving again ..
I wish I didnt have to go through all of that to get to know him better ..it would have been so much easier to not have gone through all that but hey ..I was so stubborn ....and so sure I knew the way my life needed to go .
Boy was I wrong ..THANK YOU LORD for being so patient with me and staying with me through all of that ..Even saving me from my own self destruction and others trying to take me out too (I have been beaten to a pulp many times by men I knew ,overdosed on drugs,had people out to kill me for no apparent reasons .. etc etc ) ........so many times ...It is just unreal ....that I even made it through those times .

It really boiled down to this with me ..
I didnt want to really believe in God because it required that I give up my own way of how I think things should be ...and the only reason I actually believe now is because I met the DEVIL so many times ..in so many ways ..
That that was enough to convince me that God is as real as I am or you are ..if not even more real .
And the devil is certainly real too ..

I understand now why the bible says ..we have to know what evil is first in order to know what good is ....

It is alot like love .
When I was not knowing what love was ..I found out what love wasnt first ..it was only after I found what it wasnt ..that I saw what love is ......

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing that with me. Your story is very similar to mine.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Quote [They have no desire to believe. Such a thing would require them to step outside their comfort zone]

That is it really in a nutshell isnt it ?

But something is missing in them that is pretty telling .
Or they would not be so extreme in trying to prove that there is nothing to it ..
I figure they would have better things to do than argue with us about it all ..if they really did not believe at all .......they would just not even visit threads that even discuss it ......( I avoid the reptillion threads completley because I have already decided it isnt worth my time to read it or discuss it with anyone ) .....
I figure if they truly in their hearts just dont believe at all then they would do as I do the reptillion threads ........
Something in their heart is nagging them ..or they would not get so obsessed with trying to prove it wrong ..that means there really is hope for them ..

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Dear Straw
What errors ?
The ones I was talking about are like spelling etc ...

Very well.

And what questions really do you want me to try and answer?

Just one question in particular. Why would an all-knowing being need to test someone to know something?

The supposed contradictions come from someone not wanting to read it in context and cross reference etc ..the bible is very deep and some things in it are allegorys,dual fulfillments,parables and hidden meanings,require deep understanding etc etc ......
It cannot be read like just a book.

I do not read the Bible as I would read an ordinary book. When I read the Bible, I study it carefully.

And about your question on whether or not I would just dump a book that had a small error in it or maybe even a few errors ..NO I WOULDNT ...I would try and find out why those errors were made and if in fact they were errors or maybe it is coded as to its meanings ..or whatever I would investigate as much as I could before just tossing it as hearsay ..

I did not ask if you would dump a book that had a small error in it. I asked, would you begin to question a perfect book that had an error in it? Then, what if you found more errors...what would you do? I never suggested that you do not research it and study it. On the contrary; if someone reads a perfect book that has errors, you can bet your last penny that they would study that book and error in thorough detail. How can I simply dump something that I lived by? Rest assured I studied that book as thoroughly as I can.

I would also just try and skip over what I thought was untrue and GLEAN what truths out of their story that I could ..I take what truths they wrote and toss the other aside .. ..I would finish the WHOLE book ...and then reread it to make sure I read it right (with the mistakes that may have looked like mistakes but maybe were not mistakes at all ) maybe it was just my measly little brain that didnt understand it ...I am not a narcissistic thinker like some may be around here ...I leave room for the fact that I COULD HAVE READ IT ALL WRONG and TAKEN IT ALL WRONG ....(waith any book I read)

What if, in reading the entire book...you encounter more errors, contradictions and things that do not make sense? I have gone to priests, pastors(my father who was a pastor) asking to explain certain things to me that I did not understand at the time. Some of the responses I got I accepted...until I realized later on, that some of those answers made no sense as well. The Bible teaches some beautiful things...as well as some...well, controversial things. Are there any women who wanted to preach the word for a living? My ex-girlfriend wanted to do this...the I pointed out to her that if she were to follow the word of God in it's entirety, that she will not be able to do so. We know that the Bible says women should not be allowed to speak in church about the word of God. They should not teach it. What are your opinions on that?

And, if you can probably decode why an all-knowing being must test someone to know something...then, please, decipher it to me, as I cannot understand it. God knows I've tried.

Take the UFO stuff
I DONT BELIEVE IN THAT AT ALL ..as far as being real creatures from other planets ..But I dig into it as much as possible and give the believers the benefit of the doubt that they may really believe it to be true and maybe just maybe I am not being open minded enough to see it ..I admit I could be wrong ..And they certainly have contradictions in their sightings etc ..
But most definately something is being seen and there is something to the UFO situation ..I am not gonna toss the baby out with the bathwater ...just over a few supposed contradictions (or what I may have just thought were contradictions) that is just plain wrong to do ...for any of us to do ...

Well, I believe in UFOs very much, I've seen what I know was a UFO(as I could not identify it), but I am certain it was not of this Earth. However, I have believed in alien life before I witnessed it, because the numbers speak for themselves. The Universe is too vast for Earthlings alone to occupy it. You believe that either way...there is something to the UFO situation. Well, I'm like you in a sense in regards to spiritual beings. I will say it again, I do NOT believe in the Christian God. Because some of this God's teachings and statements make little to no sense at all. I believe man has corrupted the Bible, edited, and twisted the Bible to the point that...that's the only reason it is so filled with error, because man has tainted it. However, I do believe in an ultimate spiritual being. I do not believe that being is represented in today's Bible at all. I cannot identify with the being in the Bible. Perfection has no errors...if there are errors, there is no perfection.

I am pretty sure that many supposed contradictions in many books,beliefs whatever could be explained away if I were to really take the time and dig deep into it ..I bet I would find out they were not contradictions at all ..But very deep deep things that I just didnt care to even look into it ....

The word care for me is an understatement. I didn't simply care to look into it...I needed to look into it.

I will not get into other contradictions in the Bible, as I do not see the point.

If you can help me understand why an all-knowing being needs to test someone to know something...please help me understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I do agree. Same reason why I don't hammer around in the UFO forums or Paranormal forums, etc. I am a skeptic, am not bothered by other's beliefs in such things, and simply don't feel the need to run around debating it. It's very telling. Again, there is a huge difference between sincere truth searching and those who do nothing but run around like chickens with their heads cut off insulting religion and religious believers without ever presenting anything of substance.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sorry Sdraw I called you straw lol I didnt see it clearly ..(I just glanced at it )

I have to go right now and check on my son who lost his father a few days ago .
When I get back I will do my best and try to answer as best I can your questions to me ok .

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A God would be a creature in the multiverse who sees things beforewe can, and saves us from incoming doom or allows us to fail when we deserve it. A demi god immitates the real view, and shows you a false path, rewarding your evils with pleasure to keep you under power.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join