It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Sends Detroit Mayor To Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Finally! It's good to see him treated like a regular Joe. I just wish they would send him in to general pop. This guy has done enough for Detroit, it's time we did something for him...

DETROIT -- Judge Ronald Giles sent Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to Wayne County Jail for failing to notify the court of his trip to Canada and violating the terms of his bond. Despite Kilpatrick's humble apologies to the court beforehand, Giles said he needed to treat Kilpatrick as an ordinary citizen and sent him immediately to jail.

Judge Sends Detroit Mayor To Jail

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is nothing more than the judge paying lip service to the law as a publicity stunt to seem tough on crime.

If he really wanted to treat that mayor as a regular person, he would've ordered him to stay in jail until his court date, as any other person would've been done.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
He is going to be charged with assaulting a sheriff tomorrow. The guy is a gansta worse than Young...

A little more background on this story is his mother and her run for re-election. If you scroll down to how the votes were broken down you will see what the city of Detroit did Tuesday and what the surrounding cities did.

The people of the city of Detroit decided to send her back to Washington while the rest of the communities outside the city of Detroit by a large margin wanted her gone.

I would be my next pay check that the mayor if not convicted of a felony will be re-elected.

www.freep.com...

I don't understand the people of Detroit. I think they do this just to spite the suburbs. Just to make the rest of Michigan look just as bad as they are. The place is more dangerous than Iraq and our troops are over there...

Anyway, To understand why his mom should go too watch the below video. She is nuts... Just out of her mind if she thinks this is the way to conduct business in the city.

www.youtube.com...

Edit to fix youtube link...

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

Hey, at least the judge did something. He could have said "since you were doing city business I'll let it slide"

I know it's not entirely what would happen to an average Joe, but it wasn't a complete pass.

new topics

top topics

join