It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: Life on Mars "Speculation and Rumors"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

NASA shoots down Mars rumors: we're not sure what we've got

arstechnica.com

NASA spokesman Duane Brown introduced the press conference by referencing what he called the "speculation and rumors," and described it as an attempt to set the record straight. The scientists, he said, were doing so reluctantly, as they are being forced to present the results before their instruments were even producing an unambiguous result, much less one that had passed peer review. Mike Meyer, the head of NASA's Mars efforts, said, "we're here today to announce a nonannouncement—more experiments and time are needed to resolve the results of the science experiments."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.informationweek.com

[edit on 7-8-2008 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would like to say that I am surprised, but this is standard operating procedure for NASA. Nothing to see here. Move along.

They have been saying the same things about Mars ad nauseum since the Viking lander. I would be surprised to hear something intelligent from NASA.

arstechnica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm not surprised one bit. The other thread a couple days ago talked about the "big news" nasa had for the White House, something bigger than finding water, "much bigger."

Then I hear the next day they found something detrimental to life; some chemical that would make it nearly impossible for life (as we know it) to exist.

Now this, basically saying, "Oh, if you've heard anything interesting, it's not true, we didnt find anything. Give us more money for testing and probes."

I guess just whatever they tell you, believe the opposite.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmilla
Now this, basically saying, "Oh, if you've heard anything interesting, it's not true, we didnt find anything. Give us more money for testing and probes."

I guess just whatever they tell you, believe the opposite.

I just wonder sometimes if they are as clueless as they seem or they use it like a shield for ulterior motives.

I have friends and family that work in certain governmental agencies and I have to tell you that there are some real pieces of work at the top of the totem pole. How in the hell did they get their gig? Good question. I then realize that even the corporate entity that I work for has similar clowns at the top. Then I remember what clowns worked at the corporate entity I worked for previous to this one and I see a trend.

Hard workers with a bead on the big picture at the bottom and clueless idiots at the top.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by xman_in_blackx]

new topics

top topics

join