It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd happenings in the sky over DFW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So my friend goes out to smoke on the back dock at work, and he calls me out there to look at the vapor trails that were out there. At first I didnt really think much of it because of the airports out here. Then he noticed a white object in the sky moving around in odd patterns that you normally shouldnt see. I went home really quick (3 miles from work) and grabbed my HD camcorder and rushed back to work to see if I could catch anything. While we were standing out there he could see the white object again so I put my camera on the spot where he indicated, but I dont know if it caught anything. It went away so we just waited around looking at the sky. After a few minutes I noticed what seemed like a regular, small cloud formation, but I was looking at it because it was slightly off color. The odd thing about this cloud formation is that it was originally in a tight formation like a ball of cotton. Then it spread out almost to the point of being gone, and we sat there and watched it group back together in a tighter ball and then spread back out. Also while watching the cloud my friend saw the white object around it. I put my camcorder on that spot near the end of that part, and hopefully I caught something there, too. I am at work right now so I cant pull it off, but I will work on that as soon as I get home (in about 4.5 hours). I am posting this so hopefully someone in the area can keep an eye on the sky while I have to be inside to work. I dont want to sound like an alarmist, but all of this was extremely odd to both me and my friend. He went to search on the internet and found a video from San Jose, CA which showed something that seemed EXACTLY like what we had witnessed here in Dallas (Richardson to be exact). The link to that video for San Jose is below.

www.unexplainable.net...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have a picture of the object in question that was taken with a digital camera prior to going home and getting the camcorder. You cant really tell what it is, and its small, but I thought I would post it anyways. It is located just above the building edge on the left side of the picture. Here is the link:

www.dondrecordz.com...

PS - Yeah I know its on dondrecordz.com but that is a website I am currently building and hosting for someone so I figured I would throw it on there.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
AWESOME pic you have there, way to keep your eye to the sky!

peculiar little tiny little thing flying in the sky. too far to really conclude but i've listened to your story and i think today is just as good as any to find yourself a ufo in texas.

star for you

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What is sad is that since I have been here, you are the first to post "unexplainable" and believable information. Did some research to top it off!

Props + Star!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words you two. I have reviewed the footage taken with the camcorder, and I honestly don't see anything worth noting. Just lots of vapor trails. At the time I was trying to film it was my friend/coworker that was seeing the object again and directing me where to shoot. I am pretty sure I got the spots right, though. I am going to have someone else take a look at the footage but I am not going to get my hopes up. I guess this means I need to keep my camera with me and keep watching.

On a side note I came to realize the vapor trails were only forming for a short period of time (30-45 minutes?) and then never formed again the rest of the day even though there was a bit of air traffic. There are a lot of planes that fly over because DFW International and Love Field are close by, but I cant ever remember trails like this ever forming to this extent. I dont know...just an observation.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You posted this as a UFO(Unidentified Flying Object), as oposed to UFO(OMFG we are bring overtaken)
. It is not clear what it is in the pic, could be anything, but it was well thought out before you got on here and never posted anything else afterwards.

new topics

top topics

join