It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Blagojevich and Operation Board Games: Say Cheese Speeders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Gov. Blagojevich and Operation Board Games: Say Cheese Speeders

www.suntimes.com

To make good on his offer to help Chicago combat violence, Gov. Blagojevich envisions putting speed cameras on interstates across Illinois -- and using the revenue to form an "elite tactical team" that would operate in Chicago and other cities.

The idea is in its infancy, with no budget and no timetable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My God, the state and local governments are getting ballsy with traffic violation fines and their intended goals, aren't they? Recall that for years and years, whenever fines for speeding and other traffic violations increased we were told "There is no quota" and "The fines are a punitive measure, not a source for anticipated and planned income for departments." My, my how the times have changed. They apparently now are shifting into a platform on which they're not even going to try and blow smoke up our backsides over speeding tickets. The governor is basically admitting "We need more money, so we're going to agressively go after traffic violators to close the gaps in our budget." ...and we're supposed to believe that quotas and revenue goals aren't going to be set alongside this plan?

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I have to agree with you here, he is basically saying "speeders will pay for this project". At least he's being honest?

What caught my attention though was the use of the funds to create an "elite tacticle unit" for Chicago.... how what purpose exactly? Don't they have a S.W.A.T. team already? One would assume a city as large as Chicago has a rather large S.W.A.T. unit. My piddly (but nice!) little city in Kentucky has one, and we are no where near Chi-town's size.

Obs out

[edit on 7-8-2008 by observer]

join