It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Bush Forged Documents on Iraq, Suskind's new book 'The Way Of The World'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Video: Bush Forged Documents on Iraq, Suskind's new book 'The Way Of The World'

www.youtube.com

Keith Olbermann discusses Ron Suskind's new book "The Way Of The World" which documents smoking gun evidence of White House and other government forgeries attempting to establish links between Saddam and Al-Qaeda. Highly recommended viewing.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.npr.org
www.amazon.com

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The link to Ron Suskind's site is:

www.ronsuskind.com...

...In the end, he finally reveals for the first time the explosive falsehood underlying the Iraq War and the entire Bush presidency.

Amazon has this book:

www.amazon.com...

How much more evidence needs to surface to convince the last of the holdouts that this is a false war and that we cannot trust our leaders? What's it going to take? Bush himself coming to your door and admitting it in person?

I hate this. I really do. It's sad that we have allowed ourselves to devolve into being controlled by despots. We pay these people to lead us and what do we get? Secrecy, forgery, abuse of power, and rule by self-interest. This is why I can't remain in this stuff for long anymore. It frustrates the crap out of me.

PS. Oh, and yes dammit I am flagging this.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-8-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Too bad Suskind has absolutely zero evidence of any of the allegations he put in this book. But then again, it seems the left, Olby being one of the prime examples, requires absolutely no factual backing in his reporting. So, it's a perfect match.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

--Suskind writes in the acknowledgments that his research assistant, Greg Jackson, “was sent to New York on a project for the book” in September 2007 and was “detained by federal agents in Manhattan. He was interrogated and his notes were confiscated, violations of his First and Fourth Amendment rights.” The author provides no further detail.

www.politico.com...

Like I really needed Suskind's book to convince me? So much has been written about this false war that this book is just another corroboration of the truth. I'd go dig up 1,000 links for you but, nuh uh, I really have better things to do. It's not that this should be taken as absolute fact, it's this in combination with all the other stuff over the last 5 years or so that points to this war being bogus.

Here's just a few:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So who is Ron Suskind?

Ron Suskind is an American journalist and writer. A former Wall Street Journal reporter (1993-2000), he won the Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing in 1995.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just the type of Pulitzer prize winning writer to make false statements.
Dismiss him as you will, Co Vet, that's on you.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I saw them talking about this on CNN yesterday, but there seems to be nothing about it on their web site. What's up, CNN?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
So who is Ron Suskind?

Ron Suskind is an American journalist and writer. A former Wall Street Journal reporter (1993-2000), he won the Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing in 1995.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Pulitzer does not equate to truthfulness. As an example, another Pulitzer prize winning journalist from the New York Times, Walter Duranty.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
The Pulitzer does not equate to truthfulness.

I agree, but it does more for the case against Bush's lies than someone who would just try to discredit Suskind because they don't like the accusations- or because they just can't accept that Dubya would do such a thing. The rest of you can star Co Vet into oblivion. Me, I am going with what the Pulitzer prize winning journalist has to say. Not just at face value either. Because it corroborates what our own intelligence- as well as so many other people have had to say on the subject.

As an example, another Pulitzer prize winning journalist from the New York Times, Walter Duranty.

Oh, back in 1932? That's a real good example that is.

In this modern age of internet and a host of armchair opinions, things are bit tougher to falsify- and the consequences greater, quicker. I suppose in your case it WILL take Bush knocking on your door and admitting it. Ok, fair enough.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just saw this on the news. Not that this isn't anything we haven't heard before, but it sounds like actionable information. If there is any documentation that can prove this forged letter was written, it needs to be found.

Here is a link to a MSNBC article. There is a video of the interview there as well.

Author claims White House knew Iraq had no WMD

I wonder if Congress will ask witnesses to testify like they did Scott McClellan.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well, for those that think there might be some shred of validity to the story,

Update:

Tape: Top CIA official confesses order to forge Iraq-9/11 letter came on White House stationery

In damning transcript, ex-CIA official says Cheney likely ordered letter linking Hussein to 9/11 attacks

A forged letter linking Saddam Hussein to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks was ordered on White House stationery and probably came from the office of Vice President Dick Cheney, according to a new transcript of a conversation with the Central Intelligence Agency's former Deputy Chief of Clandestine Operations Robert Richer.

Also from same story:

Today, The American Conservative also published a report saying that the forgery was actually produced by then-Defense Undersecretary Douglas Feith's Office of Special Plans, citing an unnamed intelligence source. The source reportedly added that Suskind’s overall claim “is correct."

Atta trained in Iraq? Right.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was wondering if the forged documents that were ordered are the same as those that showed a shipment of yellow cake from Niger that Bush used as evidence in the "16 words" in the State of the Union speech. That was what started the whole leaking of Valerie Plame's name scandal.

It the article it said:

The bogus memo claimed that 9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta had received training in Baghdad but also discussed the arrival of a "shipment" from Niger, which the Administration claimed had supplied Iraq with yellowcake uranium -- based on yet another forged document whose source remains uncertain.

According to the article it was a different document, so now I wonder if these other forged documents also were ordered by the WH.

Wikipedia: Niger uranium forgeries

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Excellent point Hal.

If nothing else the yellowcake scandal helps establish a precedent towards the WH committing forgery on these forged documents on Iraq. But after the staged Gulf of Tonkin lies, confirmed by the NSA, I believe we can't trust the leaders in our government period.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The fact that this story made it to the news and has gone no where since is disturbing.

Last night they had this guy on the daily show, which is a comedy show satire.

If this story is true, congress should be recalled for an emergency session to debate the claims and move towards impeachment.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
UPDATE:

House Judiciary to examine claim of White House intel forgery

House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers says his staff will investigate these allegations and others aired in Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ron Suskind's new book, The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism.

"I am particularly troubled that the decision to disseminate this fabricated intelligence is alleged to have come from the highest reaches of the administration," Conyers said in a press release Tuesday evening. "The administration’s attempt to challenge Mr. Suskind’s reporting appears to have been effectively dismissed by the publication of the author’s interview recordings and transcripts. I have instructed my staff to conduct a careful review of Mr. Suskind’s allegations and the role played by senior administration officials in this matter."

Like usual, they'll find a way to weasel themselves out of this one, too.

John Conyers will probably get death threats, and the Supreme Court will find a way to step in before this goes anywhere. As we speak I am sure the thugs are doing everything they can to attack the source, and not the message.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Confirmation of John Conyers leading the investigation from the House Judiciary Committee Website:

"Mr. Suskind reports that the Bush Administration, in its pursuit of war, created and promoted forged documents about Iraq," said Conyers. "I am particularly troubled that the decision to disseminate this fabricated intelligence is alleged to have come from the highest reaches of the administration. The administration’s attempt to challenge Mr. Suskind’s reporting appears to have been effectively dismissed by the publication of the author’s interview recordings and transcripts. I have instructed my staff to conduct a careful review of Mr. Suskind’s allegations and the role played by senior administration officials in this matter."

A number of issues raised in Mr. Suskind’s book to be reviewed include:

* The origin of the allegedly forged document that formed the basis for Bush’s 2003 State of the Union assertion that Iraq sought yellowcake uranium from Niger;
* The role of this document in creating the false impression that 9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta had a working relationship with Iraq;
* The relationship between this document and other reported examples of the Bush Administration considering other deceptive schemes to justify or provoke war with Iraq, such as the reported consideration of painting a U.S. aircraft with UN colors in order to provoke Iraq into military confrontation;
* Allegations that the Bush Administration deliberately ignored information from Iraq’s chief intelligence officer that Iraq possessed no WMDs;
* The payment of $5 million to Iraq’s chief intelligence officer and his secret settlement in Jordan, beyond the reach of investigators;
* The September 2007 detainment and interrogation of Mr. Suskind’s research assistant, Greg Jackson, by federal agents in Manhattan. Jackson’s notes were also confiscated.

While this investigation is good, I have the feeling that it will just get blown off and shut down like so many others by the WH invoking the State Secrets privilege. Which is why I am pleased with the State Secrets Protection Act legislation.

Conyers might consider giving that bill a chance to pass before continuing with his investigation, and maybe he'll get a chance to actually see it through before the WH can brush it off.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I saw him on Democracy Now a day or two ago and I was impressed. If the Congressional investigation into this matter finds evidence of forgery and deceit to get the country into war then what are we talking for punishment? I have read the word execution which sounds harsh but that's a lot of blood on his hands.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
So who is Ron Suskind?

en.wikipedia.org...

The Pulitzer does not equate to truthfulness. As an example, another Pulitzer prize winning journalist from the New York Times, Walter Duranty.

Quite frankly, CO Vet, I find hilarious that you have no follow-up. Or is it that you, like your ilk, have grown tired of threads like these? Your usual excuse, might I add?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DingleberrySmurf

Quite frankly, CO Vet, I find hilarious that you have no follow-up. Or is it that you, like your ilk, have grown tired of threads like these? Your usual excuse, might I add?

No need to attack the man for stating his opinions. Whether the information they're based on is wrong or not is what we're discussing here.

Considering all the lying and lying to hide the lies that is going on in the states at the moment, it's pretty hard to know what is real, and what isn't.

But one thing we do know for sure is the White House intentionally lied.

... and now they're going around telling people it's wrong to invade countries in the 21st century. lol.
If they can't get these guys behind bars, at least lock them away a long time for psyche evaluation.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
UPDATE:

CIA Officially Responds to Suskind Book: Calls Charges 'False' and 'Offensive'

In a statement to be released on its Web site later this afternoon, the Central Intelligence Agency has officially responded to charges in the current Ron Suskind bestseller, “The Way of the World,” related to the agency taking part in falsifying evidence related to WMD in Iraq.

In his book, “The Way of the World,” author Ron Suskind makes some serious charges about the CIA and Iraq. As Agency officers current and former have made clear, those charges are false. More than that, they are not in keeping with the way CIA works. In fact, they are profoundly offensive to the men and women who serve here, as they should be to all Americans.

Suskind claims that, in September 2003, the White House ordered then-Director George Tenet to fabricate a letter describing a level of cooperation between Saddam Hussein and al-Qa’ida that simply did not exist. The White House has denied making that request, and Director Tenet has denied receiving it. The former Agency officers Suskind cites in his narrative have, for their part, publicly denied being asked to carry out such a mission.

Those denials are powerful in and of themselves. But they are also backed by a thorough, time-consuming records search within CIA and by interviews with other officers—senior and junior alike—who were directly involved in Iraq operations. To assert, as Suskind does, that the White House would request such a document, and that the Agency would accept such a task, says something about him and nothing about us. It did not happen. Moreover, as the public record shows, CIA had concluded—and conveyed to our customers—that the ties between Saddam Hussein and al-Qa’ida were not as close as some believed.

Visit link for more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join