It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pineapple Express (2008)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Pineapple Express (2008)

Next summer, the guys who brought you Superbad reunite for the action-comedy Pineapple Express. Lazy stoner Dale Denton (Seth Rogen) has only one reason to visit his equally lazy dealer Saul Silver (James Franco): to purchase weed, specifically, a rare new strain called Pineapple Express. But when Dale becomes the only witness to a murder... [IMDb.com]

Well just got back from seeing it and thought i would document my thoughts.

I enjoyed Superbad and am becoming a fan of Seth Rogen and this new brand of comedy. Pineapple Express is no exception although a little more slapstick in nature, it is still very well done and very funny.

Pineapple Express is movie filled with illegal smoking, swearing, violence and alot of laughs that my Fiance and I really enjoyed. It is definitely worth the money, unless of course you did not enjoy Superbad, Knocked Up or Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Just saw this movie and loved it. Lotta laughs and I think the whole theatre as stoned.:w:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I love Super-Bad and cannot understand the people who say it is a super bad film, Knocked up is good too, iv'e not seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall but I don't think i'm ready to see english "Entertainer" Russell Brand posing as an actor with his stupid voice.

Is he good in it?

This looks like a movie I will really enjoy just by reading the synopsis.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
iv'e not seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall but I don't think i'm ready to see english "Entertainer" Russell Brand posing as an actor with his stupid voice.

Yeh he does a really good job in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, he really helps glue that movie into a great one. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is my favourite of the lot, however, we are getting off track. Back to Pineapple Express.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Lucky i found this thread, thanks for the heads up, wife and I are going to see it this evening, although we were hoping that the new Harold and Kumar was released....Pineapple Express it is!

Marty

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Make sure you come back and let us know your thoughts, and enjoy your night out with the wife.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Yeah it was quite good actually, same style comedy as the other Seth movies. A lot of it seemed extreme (action type) but in the end I thoroughly enjoyed it. What i found interesting was how the producers managed to make the weed really really life like, i suppose hollywood is capable of anything these days!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This movie was HILARIOUS. The part where he's talking to his girlfriend on the phone, confessing his love for her and she says "I wanna marry you!" and he goes "Ohh. I made a mistake. I made a mistake."

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I loved this movie, all the little things like that guy smashing his head on the toilet etc made it funny, the fact that he never seems to die was hilarious.

I love the whole non stop comedy feel, like a very long day. Makes it feel like more of a ride. Like the harold and kumar movies.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
This movie was HILARIOUS. The part where he's talking to his girlfriend on the phone, confessing his love for her and she says "I wanna marry you!" and he goes "Ohh. I made a mistake. I made a mistake."

LOL yeah, I'm not a woman, but I hear women complain about men doing that all the time, they get scared lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
LOL Yeah it can get pretty scarey. I could not stop laughing at that part.

new topics

top topics

join