It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26 cheerleaders get stuck in elevator at UT's Jester Residence Hall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yes, some of them were blonde; No, they can't cook (cause burnt popcorn)

Univ of Texas

Ever wondered how many cheerleaders can fit onto an elevator? We’ll give you a hint: Not 26.

But a group of peppy campers found this out the hard way at UT’s Jester Residence Hall.

Twenty-six cheerleaders packed into an elevator there, but it got stuck and stayed that way for about 30 minutes.

Some of the girls passed out.

Others used their cell phones to call for help.

Finding ways to raise the Testosterone without drugs, daily.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Would someone please explain to me how it's possible to pass out after being stuck in an elevator for 30 minutes? Whimps!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

i think someone is wishing they got in aswell in the lift

guess their combined weight went over the limit

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Would someone please explain to me how it's possible to pass out after being stuck in an elevator for 30 minutes? Whimps!!!

The nearest thing that I can determine is that since they were packed in and then the elevator got stuck is that someone panicked. That would trigger a chain reaction of panic. Imagining that situation I can picture one of them thinking "oh what if the elevator falls?" Thus panic and hyper ventilation.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson someone panicked. That would trigger a chain reaction of panic. Imagining that situation I can picture one of them thinking "oh what if the elevator falls?" Thus panic and hyper ventilation.

Not to mention the accidental kissing - I mean CPR. Oh, the horror...er, I mean pathos.

They would probably require extensive therapy for PTSD, or massage, right? :w:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
... this is one of those stories that makes you think about a million diffrent things...

I would give anything to see a video of that... i mean, arent there cams in most elevaters now?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

guess their combined weight went over the limit

Really? hard to imagine.

I figured they all collectively forgot how to push the door open button personally

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
couldn't they have done one of those human tower thingys and climbed out through the lift shaft!! lol

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

ahhh the ole, climb out of the elevator through the roof.

You can't do that. I know in movies and on TV they do it, but you can't.
Most elevators don't have car top access from inside the car and the ones that do, they're double locked from the car top.

One other thing, think safety, don't ever try to manually pry open elevator doors to get out. Just wait for help to arrive.

Also should the doors open and the car isn't level on the floor, never try to climb up or down to get out. The car could suddenly start moving again.

Lastly, when waiting for an elevator, don't walk towards it as soon as the doors open, wait and take time to look to make sure that the car is there and you're not stepping into an elevator shaft. It happens and people do die from the fall.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I just thought it would be funny seeing a lift engineer opening the doors a few floors above and seeing a group of cheerleaders built up like a human pyramid reaching up to a few floors up above him.

A few years ago a few friends and I got fairly drunk at an airport pub and decided to take the lift down to the ground floor instead of the esculators, we decided to see what would happen if we all jumped at the same time.....You guest it, we got stuck. to make matters worse the engineer who came to release us was called jeffrey, two of my friends did "rainbow" impressions, one was bungle and the other zippy, you can imagine the frustration of the engineer every time someone on the radio called "jeffery come in, over", my two friends would start shouting up to the poor guy who after about ten minutes of this shouted back if you dont shut it I'll leave you in there all night!!

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Kurokage]

top topics

join