It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice for those who sky watch for UFO`s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
As a frustrated/disgruntled UFO believer, due to the lack of evidence provided by many of the latest posts in the forum I have some advice for those who have an eye open to the sky at most times.

Always carry a video or digital camera with you. Nowadays both are small enough to put in your trouser pocket or glove compartment of the car.

If your camera can take photographs in RAW, use it.

Make sure your camera has been set up to capture the date and time of the shot in the exif information.

If you are lucky enough to see something take a photograph, look for a witness/witnesses to collaberate, take more pics then ask the witnesses if they have taken photographs as well and get their addresses if they are willing to give them.

Go home, copy the photographs to a PC if you have one. DO NOT ! change the RAW files to jpeg, instead make a copy of the original then change the copy to jpeg for posting.

Post them up as soon as possible with your original post to ATS. If you post a thread without the pics you will be flamed and why would you even consider doing so without the evidence to substanciate your claim.

Some other things to consider:

Try to get a building or person into one of the photographs as reference to scale. Even better, with permission get a photograph of your witnesses if they are also taking photographs.

Take your time, breath slowly and deeply, it helps steady the camera hand. Use a gate, tree or roof of your vehicle to steady the camera while taking the shot.

Finally, remember that here on ATS some people will try to shoot your claim down and they may be correct in assuming that the UFO you think youve found is merely a plane or some other normal occurance.

Im sure they are other posters on here who may like to add to the advice or equipment that you might like to carry so feel free to add.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Sorry, but, what makes you think the people in here
donĀ“t already know all that?

If you read around here you will se the most of the
posters to that kind of footage are new to this site...

And if you think a little bit more, you will find it hard
to tell the newcomers to read your post, and after that,
take som pics...

It it so ignorant to come with this kind of posts, there is
a thread, sticky one, about this, please READ!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by atrofi

You assume that people know that and that those who are new wont pay it any attention. I assume otherwise, advice is free so Im giving it. If you dont want it that is your choice. Before you ask the next question " what gives me the right to offer it?" , I am a photographer and if I can support or help just one person then the post has been worthwhile.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by atrofi

You assume that people know that and that those who are new wont pay it any attention. I assume otherwise, advice is free so Im giving it. If you dont want it that is your choice. Before you ask the next question " what gives me the right to offer it?" , I am a photographer and if I can support or help just one person then the post has been worthwhile.

Ok, sorry for that, feel fre to take this info then.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by atrofi

And I am sorry if my reply sounded offensive. I have read that info and find more value in the posts attached to it. Also remember that the T90 is a 20 year old film camera that bears no resemblence to the modern day DSLRs. Some of the advice , as quoted by others is missleading and in my opinion too intensive for the newbie or amateur.

We are all here for the same reason, If I can help obtain just one photograph that forwards the cause then all the better.

Thanks for your response.

top topics

join