It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a draft would be the best thing for this generation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
good thread! don't forget guys, it never hurts to hear all sides of the story, no matter how twisted and BRAINWASHED they are! i'm glad to have read all the pro-draft posts, because it gives me an idea of what types of issues still need to be fixed in our populace - let's attempt to smooth out all the kinks, shall we?

as a truth seeker, it's so hard trying to talk to some people who think they know it all. all i ask, to everyone, is that you take a step back, and tell yourself you want to hear all sides of the story, with an open mind, because otherwise your belief system, which may or may not be corrupted, will only hold you back. admit to yourself, you don't know everything, and most of what you've been told your entire life COULD be a lie! know that there's still so much to learn!

i'm not even gonna sweat this thread, because for one, here's the author's other thread about his Satanism affiliation
Ask A Satanist

nuff said.

thank you any and all, who have a better idea than most they they're on the right path to the truth, for saying what needs to be said thus far. peace!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We should do like Israel does it with the mandatory military training. I don't think it would really hurt if everybody was a soldier. The thing is you need to clean house and get out all the scumbags in government so you aren't sending your people to die for nothing like we do in Iraq based on lies.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I rarely post on this site but feel compelled to do so here.

Consider this: Our current generation was raised by the "Baby Boomers". Who were in turn raised by the "Greatest Generation" / WWII vets.

Now. These people coddled and indulged the Boomers. Who in turn coddled and indulged their children. If the finger's to be pointed anywhere - it should be pointed not at the children but those who raised them.

Additionally, both the WWII vets and the Boomers were all very gung ho on big business, corporate culture, crass consumerism, and the like. Yes, Archie, we remember your "what's good for GM ..." diatribe. And all your generation's worship of the Almighty Corporation. Yes we noticed that even the 60's Arm Chair Radical eventually capitulated in the 80's once they were brainwashed with the Propaganda of Greed. Some of us remember Ronnie. And others certainly can read history.

Now those who've have gone before today's young people, and their ideology put into the practice of consumerology is what produced the young people of today that you complain of.

And you have the unmitigated gall to suggest that these children be cured of the lifestyle that you fed to them by sending them off to die? In wars largely fueled by greed? Is that right?
You taught them greed, encouraged greed, and now that they're greedy they should die in a war sprung from greed to pay for their greed which was taught to them by you?

Thankfully, not all of today's youth is as you suspect they are. Some even managed to develop enough intellect to have the sense not to follow you people blindly.

"A Noble Lie". Oh that's rich. Was all the consumerism and big business spawned by the last 2 generations a Noble Lie as well? Do tell. And I'd like an explanation as to why I should worship the Giant Conglomerate - which sold this country off and outsourced its jobs to line its own pockets. People should go to war for these Corporations that are sending US jobs offshore? Please explain. And if these "Noble Lies" that you are teaching us are OK - then I suppose when you're shipped off to the Soylent Green plant and told its a luxury veterans home - that'll sit fine with you too. Just a Noble Lie, really. Because you'd not be able to understand after all. And you'd go gladly and without question because its good for the country. And you'd be proud to see us doing what we were taught to do. Correct?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

I guess that it's much better to have the affluent kids go off to college and train for their high paying jobs.

Let those without money find out what it's like to live on minimum wage with no health insurance. Forget jobs skills. Who needs them. You can just slide through life.

We already have this system. The people with money tend to have kids that will also be somewhat successful. The people without money don't do so well.

My family has done pretty well with the current system so there's no reason that we should change. I agree completely.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Niki

beautifully said, Niki

and i think everyone might wanna take a look at this:

something every American should know..

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My parents (and most of my friends' parents) are far from wealthy. Yet I graduated high school with honors as did most of my friends. A draft to support a corrupt governments war based on lies won't solve anything. The stupid will still be stupid. The poor will be poorer. The only thing I see coming from a draft is widespread outrage and rebellion.

As it's said- bombing for peace is like screwing for virginity.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slothrop
reply to post by apolluwn

Our draft is not set up that way. It is as simple as that.

you're aware we don't presently have a draft? when we implement a new one, we can set it up any way we want.

of course people are allowed to disagree with the government. they can think, speak and vote however they please. but they should also be required to spend time serving their country in one way or another when they come of age. it's in the best interest of both the country and the development of the individual citizens.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
People with ideas like those you spew onto others, Slothrop, have an inherent contradiction.

You claim people are relying too much on the government to "baby" them, and are ignoring the importance of personal development. AND THEN you claim that the government should force "development" onto people.

I don't know what you think exploring and expanding the mind entails, but it most definitely does not include the forced murder of your fellow humans.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think our country needs to focus on it's own economic reform. There are many people in this country that feel as if there is no way to do anything for themselves or others. Some of us feel as if the only happiness in life is computer games. Some of us can't work, even if we wanted to. What option do we have. Be reasonable. Give our own people a chance, put some war money in a policy that allows people to make progress. We all have minds, and we can put those to good use. And if we don't have sharp minds, we still have our humanity. That's more than we can say for countries that are impoverished and simply do without, period. We need a sense of humanitarianism, instead of resulting to war and discipline. The only discipline we need is to discipline ourselves to make progress. Some of us only have so much potential to do so, why don't we work together for a change and stop letting a selfish inhuman government run our country. Wars are waged to protect this freedom, yet we fight for control over assets like oil. Who profits from this? Individuals, not our countries people. Give everyone a part, give everyone a chance. Don't force them into the battlefield, that is our freedom. Especially for young people, who have much more to live for. There are people that think that they should be privileged for going to war. It is their choice for them to go to war. That's why you get paid to go to war. There are a lot of people who will stand up and go to war for this country, how many of them would be willing to die for my freedom and my freedom alone? Wars get out of hand. We realize that it is necessary to fight for these beliefs, but we spend more time and money doing so than we do thinking of a better way of how. We need to use our heads, or else what you get in the end is a bunch of people shooting at each other. There are other ways of making a better man, why don't you think about that before you think about sending them to die. And for what reason? How many of you go to war to stop the killing right here in our streets? Think about the potential of all the people here and stop thinking about the number of people you can send to war. Think about better ways that you can help humanity. We have become a militant country who shoots and asked questions later, what about asking questions now? The shooting has been going on for quite some time, I think it's about time we became civilized. I think we should spend as much on healthcare and education as we do on war. If I could go to school to study science, I think I could do much more to help my fellow man. But I can't do a lot on my own, cause it costs too much and there are too many others that think it's not important enough to give me a chance. Or they think that someone else is in more need than I am, and none of those people really end up doing anything. We are all in need, and we need a policy that can benefit everyone. Save the draft for our reserves, if it truly comes to that we have them. And if we can't solve our problems by being human beings, then we should only do what is necessary. Instead of billing all the countries we wage war with while we spend hundreds of thousands of human lives. It costs too much to go to war, we should invest in something that will pay for itself and payoff in the future. And better ourselves at the same time. Education among all else. The smarter we think, the better off were all going to be in the future. Good old fashion humanitarianism. I have discipline, I just don't have any way to apply it. So I do what I can and study at home just to understand the world a little better every day. Maybe if people like me had a chance, the world could be a better place.

BTW, the education system is not well rounded all over. It's better in some areas despite whatever economy you live in. In the area I live in you learn little less than subjugation in the school system.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by freakngeckos]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by freakngeckos

Would you mind putting that into paragraphs friend? It's hard to read a huge block of text like that.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth

Strap on some reproductive organs, people. Stand for something other than your individual selfishness.

thats right , get your strap ons out and stand up for the oil companies selfishness instead guys!@

oh wait nevermind im about to level up in WoW, sory cant steal oil and bomb middle eastern schools today..

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Believe195]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by patriot jim

Originally posted by Slothrop
reply to post by apolluwn

Our draft is not set up that way. It is as simple as that.

you're aware we don't presently have a draft? when we implement a new one, we can set it up any way we want.

of course people are allowed to disagree with the government. they can think, speak and vote however they please. but they should also be required to spend time serving their country in one way or another when they come of age. it's in the best interest of both the country and the development of the individual citizens.

We do have a draft. The Machinery is all there. just a execution of an executive order and it's in effect. I think all 18 year olds still have to register? correct me if I am wrong. And being patriotic is loving our country and wanting to change things when the government no longer does the right things.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by patriot jim
We do have a draft. The Machinery is all there. just a execution of an executive order and it's in effect. I think all 18 year olds still have to register? correct me if I am wrong. And being patriotic is loving our country and wanting to change things when the government no longer does the right things.

You're correct. It's called the Selective Service Act, and I was signed up AUTOMATICALLY two years ago when I turned 18.

I know the so-called sovereigns of the modern world have no rights, but doesn't anyone else consider this a forced contract? I never signed anything agreeing to their terms.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think a draft is one of the FEW things that could SAVE this country...

A draft would seriously toughen up our men...

And the truth is, most american men are utter weaklings...

a draft would slove that problem..

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Why do we need such "tough" men? The future is owned by pacifists and those with a more realistic worldview than the past has tried to indoctrinate in their children.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

try again

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let's go ahead and have a draft.

BUT, lets only draft every son and daughter of every representative, senator, general, and administration cabinet member.

That way, if they are willing to start a war or fight a war, it will be their blood on the line.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sorry, I had a lot of personal feelings on the subject.

Selective service sounds more like natural selection. Being suggestive doesn't make you sound anymore reasonable. We know the world is not the sugar coated fantasy of our adolescence.

Sounds like you need to be enlightened Kain. Or educated... Try reasoning. Tougher men does not equal a better country. Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It's funny, so many people want to talk about the men being "weakilings" on the internet, yet nobody will say that in public. Interesting. Tellyou what, I hate war, cant stand the military industrial complex and would do anything I could to keep a draft from happening. Come call me a weakling to my face.

And, for the third time, I say: Go talk to a homeless or disabled vietnam draftee. Ask them if they think being drafted "toughened them up" or was a good thing for their lives.

Ask them how it feels when they hear of people (most of which I assume were not drafted) are okay with stealing even more young lives like that.

I DARE YOU.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Slavery always makes the weak strong. Do you not see the hyprocity of forcing someone to serve in what is supposed to be a free country? Forcing others to be who we think they should is very anti-American is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join