It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA tries to run ad comparing Manitoba beheading to animal rights abuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

PETA tries to run ad comparing Manitoba beheading to animal rights abuses

ca.news.yahoo.com

PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, Man. - An animal rights group has tried - and failed - to run a newspaper ad comparing the beheading of a passenger on a Greyhound bus last week to the treatment of animals by the meat industry.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, said on its website it would run the ad in the Portage la Prairie Daily Graphic.

However, city editor Tara Seel said the newspaper had no intention of running the ad, which uses imagery of "an innocent victim's throat" being cut, in reference to the slaughter of cows, chickens and pigs on factory farms.

"His struggles and cries are ignored ... the man with the knife shows no emotion ... the victim is slaughtered and his head cut off ... his flesh is eaten," reads the ad, which is posted on the website.

"If this ad leaves a bad taste in your mouth, please give a thought to what sensitive animals think and feel when they come to the end of their frightening journey and see, hear and smell the slaughterhouse."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm a huge animal lover, and sometimes I question the sometimes inhumane ways that animals are slaughtered. But you can't compare what happened on the bus to a cow or pig getting slaughtered.

When I heard about this my jaw dropped. I never would think they would try to exploit something this sensitive for their own gain. Not to mention the horrible imagery it would create. Thank god it wasn't allowed to run.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hell, if the flesh of a 22 year old Juggalo bus passenger tastes as good as a slab of pork, then maybe Mr Li and PETA have taught us all an important lesson...

Seriously though, PETA's old hat. They have become victims of their own sensationalism and their stated goal of everyone becoming vegan and not wearing leather and fur has failed miserably. God saw fit in his infinite wisdom to place canine teeth and ripping bicuspids into the human mouth. They aren't there to squish down on tofurky dogs and bean sprout surprise.

BTW, if you "never would think [PETA] would try to exploit something this sensitive for their own gain" then you clearly haven't been paying any attention to this motley crew of fools, retards, asses, and lunatics. This is the same group that routinely paint themselves like animals and lock each other up in cages outside city halls to demonstrate something or other. They are the ones who try to talk death row inmates into having a vegan last meal to show remorse for their crime by not killing an animal for their food. They are the folks who were handing out pamphlets to little kids saying "Your daddy kills animals" because dad's a fisherman and warning them that "daddy may kill you puppy or kitten so keep them away from him!" A couple hunting buddies and I used to have a running joke when we'd foul hit a kill and end up having to track it for a long ways or when one of the hogs, lambs, goats, or steers we'd slaughter every few months would end up kicking around for awhile... we'd say "Hey, there's one for the PETA gods." and a good laugh was shared by all.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with these people? Are these people so brainwashed by their ideology that they believe an animal's life is worth more than a human's? Do they not have a compassionate bone in their body to show some restraint and respect for the victims family?

In a way I'm glad this story was made public so people can see how stupendously stupid this organization is.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
PETA has allready been very busted since they have been caught , around the world dumping dead animals in refuse bins , en masse.

they don`t rehome pets, they slaughter them.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No time for PETA...

There are as dangerous as the more militant pro lifers...

They are as dangerous as fundamentalist 'holy book' bashers...

Insane.

Deranged.

Immoral.

I need say no more.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
PETA almost makes me embarrassed to be a vegetarian...

As to whether an animals life is worth more than a human, well... it depends on the human.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't think PETA was saying an animal's life is worth MORE than a human's; they were basically saying slaughter is slaughter, and it's horrible no matter who the victim is. I think one of their beliefs is that all species are equally valuable, a point that many take issue with. I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, I eat meat, so I can't really side with PETA, though I have some sympathy for their cause.

top topics

join