It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite quotes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Feel free to share them!

Here are some of my favorites:

"As difficult as it seems, you can be sure of this: At the core of the heart, you have the power to move beyond the old issues that are still hindering your freedom. The hardest things—the ones that push you up against your limits—are the very things you need to address to make a quantum leap into a fresh inner and outer life."

"The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude"

"Every relationship that touches the soul leads us into a dialogue with eternity, so that, even though we may think our strong emotions focus on the people around us, we are being set face to face with divinity itself, however we understand or speak that mystery"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Nice quotes OP. Well here are some of the quotes that I found very meaningful.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Einstein

"If you don't STAND for something, you shall FALL for everything."
-_______

"Lord protect me from my friends, I can take care of my enemies"
-Voltaire

“Do Not Go Where The Path May Lead, Go Instead Where There Is No Path, And Leave A Trail.”
-______

[edit on 8/7/2008 by Truth07]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
"Everything you can imagine is real"

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need."

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream."

My favorite quote is my signature:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
"The biggest problem in the world could have been solved when it was small."
-Witter Bynner

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
-Abe Lincoln

"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
-James Thurber

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."
-____

And of course my signature

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thank you guys!

Great quotes!!!

I recently started collecting them, so all of them will go in my notebook now.. including your signature quotes

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I did that about a month or two ago...just searched a bunch of quotes I liked and then added them to a document and saved it to my computer. Always good to have some quotes handy when needed

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” - Jack Handey

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Come, my friends,
’Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars until I die.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a sucker is born every minute
and he has 15 blogs spouting the crap he was suckered into believing by the end of the next minute

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
"I think therefor I am"
-Rene Descartes

"Alter your perception, change your reality"
-"reality"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
a sucker is born every minute
and he has 15 blogs spouting the crap he was suckered into believing by the end of the next minute

“No longer in a relational universe, can we study anything as separate from ourselves. Our acts of observation are part of the process that brings forth the manifestation of what we are observing.”

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I can't remember half the quotes I love, but here's one that I always remember:

"We do not possess imagination enough to sense what we are missing." - Jean Toomer

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident" - Arthur Schopenhauer

Both are always relevant, the latter highly relevant to this site.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
My all time favourite:

You play with feathers, you get your bum tickled..

or my brothers :

Yes , I'll pay you back when I can Bruv.....

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth if you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"

-modest mouse

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
"Fear a government that fears the people"

'Love conquers all"

"seek the truth"

"Follow your intentions"

"Never give up"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"Celebrate we will, because life is short but sweet for certain. We climb on 2 by 2, to be sure these days continue.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
my all time favorite quote would have to be one by Winston Churchill

-The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

I do believe he means by ATS members, because there is already a favorite quotes section and this is posted in the Members section. Hence quotes from members.

I'm having constipation of the brain right now and can't think of where the good ones came from that I liked.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
"You are your own reward."

DD

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Once again, thank you all for posting these great quotes!

"The lesson which life repeats and constantly enforces is 'look under foot.' You are always nearer the divine and the true sources of your power than you think. The lure of the distant and the difficult is deceptive. The great opportunity is where you are. Do not despise you own place and hour. Every place is under the stars, every place is the center of the world."

[edit on 9-8-2008 by in2delite]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join