It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Thinking Of Putting Her Name In During Convention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sen. Hillary Clinton Seeks Democratic Convention Voice

Sen. Hillary Clinton told a gathering of supporters last week that she's looking for a "strategy" for her delegates to have their voices heard and "respected" at the Democratic National Convention -- and did not rule out the possibility of having her name placed into nomination at the convention alongside Sen. Barack Obama's.

Looks like she still feels she has a chance. I have a feeling this convention is gonna be interesting.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Its a longshot, but Hillary is far more fit and has an even great chance at beating McCain.

She can hold a debate, Obama can't and imho, the debates are going to be what decides who gets elected.

I still support McCain over her, but wouldn't feel totally screwed.

Would be funny if all the Obama fan boys didn't even make it to the election! Again a long shot. But anything can happen in politics.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I still say she should have ran as an Independent like ol Joe. One thing for sure that would have thrown this election into a free for all. The weird thing is that she would probably have a chance of winning.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
She's come out and endorsed Obama so I don't think anything big is going to happen. She's already going to be the keynote speaker I believe, so there's not really anywhere else for her to go.

If she ran as an independent, it would guarantee a McCain win and would ruin any chance she has in the future of holding office as a Democrat. She knows that better than anyone.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Can a scandal with the superdelegates still happen?

Also, I don't think her endorsing Obama will make much of a difference. Of course she can retract her endorsement.... not like any politician has ever flip flopped before!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The Clintons are nothing but snakes waiting to strike. Wouldn't put anything past her or him.

As for here electability over Obama, people need to take a hard look at the earlier polls. Her numbers just aren't there. She has a higher negative number than anyone who ran. People will vote for anyone else, than her. This is part of the reason why Obama is where he is at.

She just suspended her campaign, she never quit. This was done for a couple of reasons part of which was financial. She still has people and of course, strong supporters.

I'd change my vote to McCain, after getting drunk for the first time in years, if I had to choose between these two politicians.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's very possible that she would work out a "deal" with Obama to have a dog and pony show by popping her name into the ring, having a vote and then, because she would lose the vote, gracefully withdrawing and pledging her support to Obama. A public show of fairness and support. Of course it would all be for show. And, so she could give her speech and have her final day of the public spotlight until 2012.

I'm really quite sick of Bill and Hillary thinking they have some claim to this election. The only reason it's even happening is that all the other Democratic nominees had the class to bow out gracefully when it became clear they they would lose - and she didn't. She still lost. Just like Edwards and Richardson and the rest. She's just being a brat. And so is Bill. And they are somewhat feeding party division. She should have bowed out long ago and thrown her support toward the winner, Obama.

A scandal could still happen, but I doubt very much if it will. I bet Obama can't wait to shake this leach off his back.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I hope Hillary does put her name in at the convention. After all, she got more votes than Obama during the primaries, and she won the majority of the important states. She is the stronger candidate, no doubt about it.

Plus, if she threw her name in, it would add to the rich, wacky history that we know as American Politics.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ohhh I wouldn't put it past Hilary to pull any kind of jaw dropping shenanigans at the convention. To me it doesn't make sense for her to sit back and bide her time until 2012 because I think Obama has a 50/50 chance of winning the election. If he is elected president, you wouldn't get the nomination over the incumbent in the second term election. Not unless he screws up big time.

Here are my list of big what if's for Clinton:

* What if SHE's the one who pulls the trigger on the Whitey tape to get Obama cleared out of the race?

* What if she puts her name in as an independent, saying that if Obama were honorable he would do the right thing for the Democratic party because she knows she's the better candidate to lead the country?

* What if she pulls her endorsement of Obama at the convention?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Plus, if she threw her name in, it would add to the rich, wacky history that we know as American Politics.

And that's the reason why I hope she does. I think it would make good entertainment!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
That would make a few billion people sit up and go 'WTF!!!!!!!!!!'.

Bush Clinton Bush Clinton . . . . end of the world 2012.

Has a cool ring to it.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm really quite sick of Bill and Hillary thinking they have some claim to this election.

It's a legitimate claim.
Since 1980, there were only two winning Democratic Presidential candidate. Clinton in 1992. And Clinton again in 1996. That's in a span of 28 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think Hillary is just attempting to lead her PUMA's to support Obama.

I could be wrong.

Maybe Bill & Hill got their feelings hurt.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she close down her campaign centers by just shutting the doors. Its almost as if she knew she might be coming back.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Its a longshot, but Hillary is far more fit and has an even great chance at beating McCain.

She can hold a debate, Obama can't and imho, the debates are going to be what decides who gets elected.

What?

You have GOT to be kidding.

Obama has this hands down. If Hillary could have won, she'd still be in this race. This is just political theatre now, so she can have at least some control over the PUMA's

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by AndrewTB

What?

You have GOT to be kidding.

Obama has this hands down. If Hillary could have won, she'd still be in this race. This is just political theatre now, so she can have at least some control over the PUMA's

How am I kidding? Obama wouldnt even debate Hillary for freaks sake! He is a coward and wont be able to run on 09/26. Obama has a lot in store for him, and winning the election isn't one of those things.

Hillary would be far more fit and I don't even like her much. People need to start basing things off of facts and not opinions. They would know how to vote if they did.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

I saw Obama debate Hillary tons of times.

What do you mean he wouldnt' debate her?

Chicago, Philly, Texas, What am I missing?

As for facts and opinions. I think you are going to be surprised come November. I've got the beverages already chilled.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hillary and Bill are obviously staging a coup for the convention, and team Obama is getting desperate. So far we've had two staged events contrived to convince the American people of Obama's religious convictions and his patriotism.

Isn't it amazing how the Western Wall incident faded into the obscurity, once it was revealed that Obama had released his prayer to several media outlets prior to leaving his hotel? It was staged simply to show what a humble and devout Christian he was..

The heckler event rang false to me from the start. Now we find out that his security knew who the guy was from the start. Nobody gets near a candidate without being thoroughly checked out. This was another publicity stunt to demonstrate how tolerant of others and patriotic Obama is. Does he really expect people to believe he didn't know if the pledge had been said or not? I saw the video, and I call staged. It's amazing how many people are in the tank with him..

The writing is on the wall, and only the blind fail to see it..

[edit on 8-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Don't forget that many of Clinton's followers absolutely hate Obama. They would be very happy to stage a revolt at the convention.

So much happens between the primaries and the conventions, that the current way of determining candidates is outdated. I say, bring Romney, Ron Paul, Clinton, and others back into the mix for the general election!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

All this talk about Hillary taking the nomination is wishful thinking on the part of Obama haters. It's easy to understand once you realize just how much some people DON'T want Obama in the white house.

Of course, they want a "do-over".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join