It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's Bus Carrying Lieberman Involved In Collision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Bus Carrying Lieberman Involved In Collision

www.local10.com

MIAMI -- A bus carrying U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman was involved in a collision after leaving Local 10 on Wednesday.
Lieberman was traveling in presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain's bus, the "Straight Talk Express," when it collided with a van at the intersection of 54th Street and Biscayne Boulevard.
The collision occurred after the senator from Connecticut recorded an interview with Local 10's Laurie Jennings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
jalopnik.com

[edit on 6/8/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The Straight Talk Express hit a minivan. I guess Liberman was in the bus at the time, but no John McCain. If one ignores the snarky comments, there are some good photos on the Jalopnik site.

DocMoreau

www.local10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Joe Lieberman is like a magnet for disaster, trouble keeps following him wherever he goes, it may be that karma is catching up with his deception

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In other news, it seems the Straight Talk Express just didn't feel right prior to the collision because it apparently went through the ordeal of a surprise and underhanded attack by an unknown number of Obama-worshipping assailants who thankfully only succeeded in sticking this on the rear bumper.

The New Argument
DailyKos

It is unknown as of now who placed the bumper sticker on the Straight Talk Express. We must not rule out the possibility that McCain slapped the decal on, himself, rather than pollute his famed bus’s maverick image with one of his own utterly uninspiring bumper stickers.

[edit on 8.6.08 by toreishi]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Ha, ha, ha.... not as bad as Gerald Ford.... ha ha ha

I find it strange that Lieberman was 'by himself' rolling around in the Straight Talk Express at all. I think if McCain were to get elected, Lieberman is in for a Cabinet position. He will be McCain's BiPartisan outreach or something to the effect. ALthough Lieberman is without party still I believe....

reply to post by toreishi

Interesting find! Hilarious as well. What is interesting is that a Police Car is blocking that part of the bumper in all the photos from that Jalopnik site. I wonder if you are right, and a minor conspiracy is under foot!

It does say something that a Presidential Candidate's ground transport gets hit with a bumper sticker for the other campaign. Either security was lax because McCain wasn't on the bus, or somebody should get fired.

Silly McCainiacs and Obamanites....
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Whenever Lieberman's name comes up in the news I am remided of my utter distaste for the man. He is a political opportunist of the worst kind and helped sell the American dream down the river. He is completely bought out by special interests. A career politician.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Whenever Lieberman's name comes up in the news I am remided of my utter distaste for the man. He is a political opportunist of the worst kind and helped sell the American dream down the river. He is completely bought out by special interests. A career politician.

So how does it make you feel to know he was rolling around stumping for McCain?

Does that make you question McCain's intentions as well? It does me.

McCain has lied so many times to get into office, that I am not sure he even knows what he actually believes anymore.

DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It is a bit strange that Lieberman was tooling around in McCain's bus without McCain... I hope everyone's ok.

The bumper sticker is a hoot! I guess McCain didn't want one of his own...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I realized that none of ATS's McCain supporters have had much to say in this thread.

Although the 'story' here is about the accident involving McCain's bus, with Lieberman aboard. The question at the heart here is, how does Lieberman's involvement in John McCain's campaign make you feel?

For me, I no longer have any affinity for Mr. Lieberman. I lost that a while ago. What fascinates me is how helpful Lieberman has been to John McCain. The whole 'Al Qaida in Iran' talking point that McCain was hammering home that Lieberman corrected him on is one example.

Anyway, I found it strange that the event occurred, and I find it stranger that no McCain supporters have posted in this thread.
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Are there any McCain supporters here? Everything I hear is along the lines of:

"I hate Obama"
"Well, McCain does it, too"
"Well, I don't like McCain either, but I HATE Obama."

I don't know of anyone who supports McCain. And I mean ANYONE here or in real life. That's why I think this election is all about Obama. It's a Yes or No vote for Obama. No one actually likes McCain, do they?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That is an interesting point. I live in a Republican leaning district, and up until this last week, I had not seen any McCain lawn signs. Instead, for months I have seen Ron Paul (some handcrafted!) and Obama signs.

So maybe there is no passion behind McCain from his 'supporters'. Maybe it is just a referendum on whether or not we want more of the status quo, or a whole lot of change.

DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

This is more proof that Mcain is up to his eyeballs with neocons.

Maybe this Lieberman rat is positioning himself with the warmonger Mcain for a nice cushy Ambassador job. Maybe in Israel where he could have direct access to his Likud buddies, and give official U.S. stamp approvals for more Palestinian deaths.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If there is anything that can derail the inevitability of John McCain's presidency, it is Joe Lieberman.

Joe Lieberman is a good guy, but he is a Democrat. It will be viewed by Conservatives as more pandering to Democrats, something McCain is well known for.

I'm starting to like Benevolent Heretic's idea of a McCain/Exxon ticket. That would be a winner for sure!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I'm starting to like Benevolent Heretic's idea of a McCain/Exxon ticket. That would be a winner for sure!

Honestly, I think I would rather have an Exxon/McCain ticket....

Is it only the Iraq War that has Lieberman at odds with the Democratic Party?
Lieberman seems to have swung the most, from being Al Gore's VP to stumping around for John McCain on the Straight Talk Express.

More and more, the Straight Talk Express has being turning into an oxymoron.
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
If there is anything that can derail the inevitability of John McCain's presidency, it is Joe Lieberman.

Joe Lieberman is a good guy, but he is a Democrat. It will be viewed by Conservatives as more pandering to Democrats, something McCain is well known for.

Lieberman isn't a Democrat. He's an independant last time I checked.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yes but he still caucuses with the Democrats so they can keep their majority in the Senate. So we know where his alliegence lies. Even if it is 50% of the time.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I have a feeling Lieberman won't be doing much more Caucusing with the Dems...

I don't think he will be riding the Straight Talk Express as much either....
Did anyone else notice that his Convention speech had a bunch of McCain's 'My Friends' throughout?

DocMoreau

new topics

top topics

join