It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chem Clouds??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I took these photos yesterday of some very unusual cloud formations where I live in California. After reading some threads on chemtrails and artifical clouds, I thought I would share them here to get others opinions.

The Chemtrails were taken about four hours earlier than the clouds. Connection? I've seen thousands of chem and con trails here but never have I seen clouds like this. Any comments?

PS: I hope the photos uploaded OK. First attempt at starting a thread and loading photos!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In my opinion its looks like the cloud is raining itself out. The stuff that appears to be falling from it is known in the meteorological world as virga, which means precipitation not reaching the ground.

Hard to tell for real without actually being there to observe it though

Oz

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanks Oz. I'm not convinced it was rainfall not hitting the ground. Those clouds weren't all that high up. And they stayed in formation for at least 45 minutes. I watched them until I got close enough to get a decent shot.
What about the virga on the right side of the cloud that appears to be going in an upward direction?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

Thanks Oz. I'm not convinced it was rainfall not hitting the ground. Those clouds weren't all that high up. And they stayed in formation for at least 45 minutes. I watched them until I got close enough to get a decent shot.
What about the virga on the right side of the cloud that appears to be going in an upward direction?

I would say updraft. What were the weather conditons on the day? Stormy, dry etc?

Virga can happen at any level....you just need to have a dry layer of air before the ground

Its more common in higher clouds though

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The second two of the four pictures you posted made me flash back to about four years ago while visiting Cambria, Calif. It was a beautiful cloudless blue sky that morning. I sat at an outdoor cafe to order lunch and a brew. From the time I sat down until I left, approx 2hours, I watched multiple jets going north to south and south to north laying down chem- con- vapor- trails(?) to the extent that as they expanded it became a cloudy day and noticeably cooler.
Now with anything you have to pay attention to that which looks a little strange and look for patterns. Within about 72 hours of this not-so unusual- event, a majority of the Central Coast came down with unusual flu-like and respiratory symptoms. It seemed everybody was sick. This took place in the summer when flu season doesn't usually happen. I also got sick with the same symptoms.
Unrelated to this story, I read an article in a local coastal newspaper, regarding why they seed clouds on the Central Coast, and if I'm not mistaken, they used he word "iodine".
Last but not least, I find it humourous that just before fire season here in the Central Coast, there were dozens upon dozens of these same chem- con- vapor-- trails laid out in the sky that expanded, collected together, blew down the coastal mountain range where no one was getting rain, suddenly wierd thunderstorms break out and there are fires everywhere!

My summary: You must be careful when playing God.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by bastardbob]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The weather yesterday was pretty warm and humid. Not alot of wind, and of course I'm at ground level. But the "clouds" that day weren't moving much either, and like I say, these particular clouds stayed in formation at least 45 minutes. I used to live in Wyoming so I'm pretty familiar with clouds, at layman level of course. I've seen those massive clouds that go up for miles and become anvil clouds. These were much smaller, low, and not moving so much.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
The Chemtrails were taken about four hours earlier than the clouds. Connection? I've seen thousands of chem and con trails here but never have I seen clouds like this. Any comments?

The first two shots are definitely chemtrails.

But it's hard to make a direct correlation between those and the other two photos. Most chemtrails gradually spread out and turn the sky a chemcrud gray. But anything's possible.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Yep, there was the chemcrud gray in the sky too. I figured the first two were chem trails but those clouds bothered me. They were so static, not moving for so long, chaging slowly. Looked like thhey had more mass than normal clouds....I don't know I'm not an expert by any means.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have been hearing alot of different theories about the Chinese Government ... and using Cloud seeding .. and Other methods of Weather Modification. Does anyone think that the opening ceremonies at the Olympics were involved in any of these plans ... ??

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

well spotted.. was watching the same about 2 weeks ago while camping..
a few planes dropped their trails..

it was a gorgeous morning.. skys clear.. no wind so little or no cloud movement.. the trails kept expanding till they had blotted out the whole sky.. looling up at the movement of the trails was an erie experience.. i thought for a minute i was trippin.. could have sworn it was shimmering.. it was a shiney mettallic shimmer.. to me it seems they have refined their methods and can blot the sky with fewer trails..

hi oz.. you asked me before in another thread what i meant by a haze layer.. you responded with a what haze layer.. you also said that was a regional phenomena.. i do agree with you in the sence that cities have a haze layer but what the OP is pointing out is what i mean by haze layer.. an unnatural cloud that hangs in the air and wont go away.. is this their method of preventing decent view of the sky..??

thanks OP

peace

daz__

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__

Thanks Daz_
Ya know since that day the sky has been clear of any chem trails. Period. Clear. And THAT IS unusual for my location. This summer with all the fires in California there has been little or no activity with chems ( that I could see). Then this day I shot the phots and now nothing since. Who knows.......

[edit on 11-8-2008 by missvicky]

top topics

join