It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Presidential Debates on...MySpace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Source

When I first heard about this on the news early this afternoon, I couldn't help but chuckle. I mean, I tried to have myspace about four years ago but my wife got concerned with the fact that a number of ex girlfriends were suddenly able to track me down and start threatening our happiness! Suffice to say, i cancelled the MySpace account immediately. Not worth it! I have since moved to Facebook where i'm very happy.

So, MySpace is going to let users watch the debates, 3 presidential and one vice-presidential, via live streaming video. This will either prove that the internet is going to become an integral part of politics (if it hasn't already), or that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!

Let's break down some statistics:

-More than 110 million active monthly users
-85% of users are of voting age.
-93.5 Million active monthly users of voting age

Will this be a smashing success or what?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think most people on myspace won't care and will find it to be a nuisance. On the other hand I believe it will make a difference to those that do tune in via the site.

Isn't myspace owned by the same company that owns Fox News?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Yeah, Rupert Murdoch bought MySpace a year or so ago if i remember correctly. I don't think people on MySpace will find it a nuisance at all, as nobody is forcing it down their throats. But you're right, i just don't see people utilizing MySpace to watch the debates. I'll be watching them on television, personally.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
i'd watch it on myspace

if i didnt think myspace was a waste of terrabytes

seriously - navigating that place is a nightmare.

Whats wrong with youtube

or!

you could host them on your own web domain?

new topics

top topics

join