It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a feeling of dissapointment and sadness deep within me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I feel confused, and it seems like nothing makes sense in life. I try to get something out of religion, and I feel more like i'm confused. I look torward unreligions and they are just as bad as religions. They don't make any sense, and very hypocrictical torwards other ideas. I can't look torward islam because there version of heaven is killing people. Can't look torward christianity, because they can't hold an argument to save there life. And can't look torward atheism, because they hate and attack a god that can't fight back. They profess this being doesn't exist, but in the same breath they curse the ground he walks on. Makes alot of sense doesn't it? They hate santa claus, when santa claus is everything humans aren't. Kind, friendly, loving, caring, and a hard worker. Besides, the real santa claus used to give kids coal and beat them with a wooden stick. I'm trying to look for some rationality, truth, and love. And i'm not finding any. It seems like every thought that comes out of a human is ego driven. Not something that comes from the heart, or the ery essense of a person. It seems like all ideas drive us away from the truth. Anyway, i'm not trying to knock anyone personally. I just felt like I needed to get this off my chest. I have no one else to chat with. Thanks for reading

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by malakiem

This "age" was predicted by Jesus:
Matt 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

We live in the End Times...as in the days of Lot...as in the days of Noah.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow, except for the \christians can't argue their point\ I feel the same way, actually maybe worse. It's a real challenge just to find some point in continuing to be a normal member of this sorry society we live in. All the hate and anger and self serving really brings me down. The people who don't act this way from what I've encountered are just acting different so as to get something from you. Even my own family seems to be in on the users plot if I wish to do or buy something then I'm chastised and made to feel guilty for not giving whatever time, money ,ect. to them but I'm the only one working! I feel your pain but I have no answers other that my hope is in Christ for if he's not real then I wasted my life of self pleasure for a false idea.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hey Malakiem,

Sounds like you're in a really dark place.

I think that maybe you should believe in yourself a little bit more and forget about a specific religion.
Religion is all about faith. Every religion sees itself as the best and the one closest to "God"
Believing in yourself will inspire self confidence, self awareness and an unconfused state, to a certain degree.
This damn world moves soooo fast these days and the print media tells us what to wear, what to look like and what is cool. Everyone wants to be the cool person.
Having been one of the cool people in school, trust me when I tell you that believing in yourself is the first step to understanding the bigger world and the really big questions. You will find knowledge you seek in time.

"nosce te ipsum" is a Latin phrase, look it up and gain a bit of understanding.

Cheer up!!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Quit looking at PEOPLE to fulfill your desires and expectations and seek G-d through Jesus!
By yourself, with no hindrance. It's what I did!
I thought G-d hated women in the Bible, and that we were to be treated as cattle for men's use!
I found out that wasn't the truth.
He loves us more than we could imagine. Don't put your trust in selfish(most of the time)
man!
"Seek and you shall find."

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by malakiem

I hear you...I am right by your side. I too see a world full of ego driven actions, greed based decisions, and contadicting "religious" people. Like you, I have seeked the perfect religion that encompasses all truths. But truths are definatley relative to our easily swayed minds - what is truth to one is a blatent lie to another. You will always find people of all religions claiming its truths but living outside of what they preach. It is not them that you need to look to in order to define the religion - it is you and your own actions. They are struggling within themselves just as you are - focus on your heart and your inner contradictions, not theirs. You are on your own journey in this life as they are on theirs.

It is my belief that spirituality is what we should seek, not religion. Each religion has many things that point towards spirituality, after you take out the "us versus them" mentality. Also, look into yourself if you believe in God or not - don't let other's dictate your own inner belief. I cannot see how all of this is some accident - I truly believe in a greatness above us - but that is my inner belief. Either way you feel about it, you will still be here living your life along your personal goals. You will still have struggles and doubts but it is you that has to rise above them - not religion. Find your own inner truths; don't rely on dogma unless it rings true to your heart.

Seek to follow the truth of the pure side of your heart - and when your actions are swayed in a different direction than your pure heart, realize it and take a step back towards where you seek to go. It does appear to be a dark world. But it only takes one light to break the darkness; YOU be that light. When you are your own light, may you light the way for the rest of us through your actions and your heart. May we follow by your side.

new topics

top topics

join