It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bionic War Ape Super Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
In light of similar discussions recently in multiple threads about the possibility and rumors of a modern breed of nano-enhanced Orangutans on steroids that are being secretly bred by the U.S. military in order to be super soldiers on the battlefield, here is a reminder that this was already attempted prior to world war 2 many years ago by Stalin.

I remember articles about this appeared a year or two ago.

www.ufodigest.com...

theknightshift.blogspot.com...

it seems the original source from the scotsman.com is no longer available.

These experiments to create a human/gorilla hybrid allegedly failed when human volunteers were not able to be impregnated by the gorilla sperm due to the fact that great apes apparently have 24 chromosomes and humans only 23 according to the article.

However what if it didn't really fail, or rather after the initial failure, the tests continued - perhaps elsewhere- and were eventually successful. What if such hybrids through their sheer strength and possible unexpected intelligence escaped their captors and have run off to live in the wild and are now responsible for some of the bigfoot sightings/reports?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
An interesting ideia, although I'm not sure they would be able to create such creatures at the moment. It probably a very complex genetic process.

But if it is true, with Charlton Heston gone, we're all doomed!!!

[edit on 6-8-2008 by SeekIllumination]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I hope this thread gets an award. I couldn't help but laugh at the thread title but when you read it, it may be a possibility.

I didn't read any posts but did this come after the montauk monster?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Have you ever seen inside a modern infantry platoon? The knuckle dragger types you might expect to dominate things are less common than intelligent kids that can master technology, understand complex operations, and persevere through adversity that those on the outside can't understand.

Apes would never stand a chance against a modern military, they would only amount to canon fodder, unless they were super-intelligent, genius apes. I think for super intellect you would want a human/computer/alien hybrid, but that's another topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed

I hope this thread gets an award. I couldn't help but laugh at the thread title but when you read it, it may be a possibility.

I agree with this (JUST this) statement. You put out a thinker, that's for sure.
On one hand, it seems that one missing chromosone is just a Bondo job for geneticists nowadays.
On the other hand...I'm no geneticist!

S&F. Good theory. I think.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When a couple of uniformed apes are filmed beating the crap out of a handcuffed black man, will the apes get a fair trial ?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokingmonkey
Have you ever seen inside a modern infantry platoon? The knuckle dragger types you might expect to dominate things are less common than intelligent kids that can master technology, understand complex operations, and persevere through adversity that those on the outside can't understand.

Apes would never stand a chance against a modern military, they would only amount to canon fodder, unless they were super-intelligent, genius apes. I think for super intellect you would want a human/computer/alien hybrid, but that's another topic.

They would be canon fodder I suppose in a world war 2 style open field/trench warfare scenario. However in today's modern warfare often "Guerilla tactics" are already employed, what if we now change that to "Gorilla tactics". After all imagine a 2 story building in Kabul or Bagdad with snipers and "terrorists" with rocket launchers on the top story shooting out the window at U.S. convoys. You send one of these super apes up the stairwell and watch the mayhem as he barrels through the walls/doors smashing everything in sight (remember they'll be bred for pure strength AND retrofitted with special heavy armor that only they can carry AND pumped full of steroids). These things will be like mobile tanks, they'll take multiple bullet wounds and keep on trucking.
I'm sure secret gov't geneticists/scientists will pump them full of some sort of mind altering drug that dumps adrenalin and such at the right moment so they can storm a well dug in position in urban warfare type environment and just go 'ape-sh#t' (pun intended) on whichever insurgents might be dug in there.
I mean hell, imagine a Silverback enhanced through genetics for even more strength then on top of that pumped full of steroids AND given mind altering drugs that greatly increase their hostility/anger/volitility and then unleashing this thing on a building/cave full of insurgents? It'd be like Jurassic Park all over again, the thing would fling insurgent bodies against the walls like king kong and basically rip full grown male soldiers in half, and if all else fails and the thing is wounded, army controllers via cameras and remote devices implanted on the great ape can detonate it as a last resort self destruct mechanism that'll blow the whole place apart.
Sounds like a win win for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think it'd make a great video game, but, real-life is definately hard to debate, IMO.

Like I said, a thinker, but, I'm not convinced. You haven't presented anymore data even resembling evidence, so, it's all just conversation really.

But, fun to think about.

C

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We are already fantastic at killing our own species why would we need a gorilla to do it, and gorillas are actually very peaceful and non violent which would take more "brain washing" and training then just using a normal human for your idea.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
while i wouldn't rely on monkeys to execute the detailed strategy and complex tactics required for front-line combat, i think their endurance and unpredictability could help them excel in

(forgive me)

guerilla warfare.

new topics

top topics

join