It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion would you Choose!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Now i know that this could be taken strongly by some, but it is my view from experience and life knowlege that i have had to arrive at this conclusion. Concerning religion i firmly believe as many do these days that there is a hidden agenda there is definately something much more spiritual and individual happening in this world than we can imagine. Some of us are waking some are not but i am on the waking side for this i follow no religion only my personal spirituality..anyway what this is about is ..If you would choose a religion , which would it be based on your knowlege and feeling about it. Now this cant be an argument i would just like to see between people which religion they feel must just and pure in thier eyes. Like for example say i dont follow religion but if i was to chosse between 2 christian or buddist ..I would choose buddist , based on past history and the experience people have gained or what kind of people the ones following the religion are now ..all replies welcome guys

Replaced ALL CAPS in title

[edit on 6/8/08 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

well i dont choose any religion

god isnt a religion, he is the creator of all things, i believe in jesus and that he died for our sins but I am no christian

one person who I thought had somewhat a good grasp on some aspects was kerouac who had buddhists ideals and philosphy of christ as saviour and him with an upbringing of stern catholocism

but then again he was a drug addict, alcoholic who cheated on his wife and never saw his kid much, kinda lame but what a writer

[edit on 6-8-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I do not chose any religion as their products are not satisfactory with my spiritual needs.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well i disagree people gain all the spiituality fromreligion thats why they exist to a certain extent. But myself i choose a differnt path of my own spirituality, just not in a religious aspect.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

i seem to be on the same journy as you. i have researched different religions for about 5 years and could not find one that was right for myself. so about a year ago i began to meditate. i am still at the very begining and really not very good at it yet, but so far it seems to help me. i recently purchased a book about buddhisim and am currently reading about this way of life. in the begining part of the book it describes buddhisim as a way of life, and not a religion, as they do not worship a "god".

Edited to add: Oh sorry. i guess i would choose Buddhisim at this point, but i still kind of believe that there is a GOD

[edit on 8/6/2008 by keeff]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Iam my own church, my own temple, and I create my own beliefs.
I also create my own reality. Good or bad.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i too have my own religion.
we worship at the beach every sunday.
services start at 12:00 noon.
bring beer or chicks preferably both.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would choose a combination of Tibetan Buddhism and Science;

Tibetan Buddhism for personal devolopment and spiritual growth, and Science because it searches for-, and sooner or later will reveal, ... the truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm not religious but I believe there is GOD, whether that is the Universe itself or some sort of consciousness that creates everything we can possibly conceive and an infinite amount of other things we cant, I don't know.

I guess I'm kinda spiritual but I just don't express it or know how to. I value and respect all life from an ant to a human and do my best not to harm others unless it is to prevent myself or others from being unduly harmed.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

This is MY opinion, your's may vary. All religion is BS. Religion was created by man to control people's thought's and actions.

It's a fairy tale folks. That's all it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RubyGloom
Iam my own church, my own temple, and I create my own beliefs.
I also create my own reality. Good or bad.

I agree, except in my beliefs I dont see a god or a devil. I am responsible for my beliefs and what they stand for. I decide what is right and wrong, I decide what I feel and believe, not some ol book, hence the bible. So if I do something wrong I dont use a cop out like 'Well Im only human. Im not perfect.' and then go beg for forgiveness.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

i would choose buddhist (not that i view it as a religion, more of a way of life). i am now catholic though not practising at all.

i have studied buddhism and it just makes me feel connected, happy and at one with myself, the universe and all in it. now i'm off to aummmm hehe

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Religion is an attempt by man to work his way to what he cannot attain. To build a tower to one he cannot access with carnal things.

Faith is the substance. Religion is carnal not spiritual. Religion is without faith.

This one that men desperately labor to attempt to gain, he is life. In him we live, move and have our being.

He is the one who sent his son into the world to die for the sins of the world and to whoever will receive him, gives the authority to become his sons. He is the light of men, the breath of life, life itself. The creator of all things. The one who sustains all things.

You wake up every morning because he gives life to your flesh.

Never mind religion. Know him.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am a Christian because I believe Jesus was the Messiah who was promised to come. If He had not yet come, then I would be a Jewish because I believe the Judeo-Christian faith is accurate. If we did not yet have the New Testament, then I would be an adherent of Judaism as a convert.

top topics

join