It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Racist, Bigot & Homophobe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
With all of the desperate attempts to paint Obama as a racist in some ironic twist of anything goes politics. I thought it would be worthwhile to examine McCain's DOCUMENTED history of racism.

www.capitolhillblue.com...

I encourage people to search the web for confirmation because much of this is on record. McCain saying "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." At first he defended it saying he would use whatever terms he liked and then finally he apoligized when it looked like it could hurt him politically. Ditto voting against a holiday for Martin Luther King Jr.
His explanation there is that at the time he "wasn't up on the issue" which makes no sense because if he somehow missed the civil rights movement and MLKs assasination he could have simply abstained from voting like he has hundreds of times.

Here is McCains explanation of why he voted against recognizing MLK
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Like I said I am only here to defend him on the gook thing. Other people can defend him on the rest if they so choose.

It is for the most part a military thing. In the military you are trained to go to war and to hate your enemy. If you love your enemy it is your death warrant.

Like I said when I went to war the enemy was called rag heads and just about everyone around me called them the same thing. That didn't mean we felt that every Arab was a rag head. We were very good friends with many Arabs that worked alongside us. We were able to understand the difference as to who we meant when we said rag head..

Now McCain was tortured and if the enemy had tortured me I would probably still have resentment too.Is it politically correct for McCain to define his captors as gooks? No, but I can see why he does.

I've seen people hold grudges for many years against their own family members over simple things, And I have heard them use some very derogatory remarks to describe those family members. Should these people also be considered racist for not letting go.

Many people call Black people the N word when they get angry. Is that being racist? They didn't call all blacks the N word just the one that made them mad.

Add to the fact of seeing your friends die at the hands of your captors and I further see why he uses the word gook.

I don't say it is right for him to use the word but it isn't right for people to label him as racist for using the word either.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here he uses the term "tar baby"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

John McCain Admits Ambition Made Him Support Rebel Flag in 2000

video.google.com...

[edit on 6-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And it continues .. Obamatrons claim they are getting overwhelmed with information but post threads like this trying to paint John McCain as racist. Of course it has nothing do with the issues or even leadership character traits, just a huge generalized personal attack.

Obama is the race baiting racist one, not McCain.

Did you know John McCain adopted a Black daughter? Hardly something a racist would do.

McCain didn't attend a racist anti-American church for twenty years. Hmm .. who did attend such a church and has these types of associations?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I've seen people hold grudges for many years against their own family members over simple things, And I have heard them use some very derogatory remarks to describe those family members. Should these people also be considered racist for not letting go.

Many people call Black people the N word when they get angry. Is that being racist? They didn't call all blacks the N word just the one that made them mad.

No they shouldn't be called racist for "not letting go" or "holding grudges" BUT YES they should be called racist for using racially derragotary terms.

NO it is not OK to call a black person the N word just because they made you mad...wow, I can't believe I have to tell you that.

BTW - It wasn't OK for Mel Gibson to go all racist crazy on the cop who arrested him just because he was drunk.

I don't get drunk or angry and then scream racial slurs...but I have been drunk and angry on more than one occasion in case you think I unfamiliar with the state of mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

That was something I didn't know, Jet, about John McCain's adopted daughter, so I did a little more digging. Snopes confirms this is true.

www.snopes.com...

In 1991, Cindy McCain came across a girl in an orphanage in Bangladesh. Mother Theresa implored Mrs. McCain to take the baby with sever cleft palate. She did so without first telling her husband. The couple adopted the girl who has had a dozen operations to repair her cleft palate and other medical problems.

They have a Family Foundation for children's causes.

That doesn't sound very racist to me. If anything, it sounds like Cindy McCain is a great influence on her husband.

As for being a homophobe, right now that's a political issue. Opposing gay rights will appeal to a large swath of the evangelical vote in this country.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by sos37]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Did you know John McCain adopted a Black daughter? Hardly something a racist would do.

Correction...His wife adopted the daughter during a trip abroad and by her words "suprised him" with the child when she returned home. I wonder why she didn't consult with him first concerning a decision of that magnitude?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Correction...His wife adopted the daughter during a trip abroad and by her words "suprised him" with the child when she returned home. I wonder why she didn't consult with him first concerning a decision of that magnitude?

But McCain still took the girl in and they adopted her, didn't they? And they spent a fortune to repair the girl's cleft palate.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
One of the commenters at the Capitol Hill Blue site wrote this:
www.capitolhillblue.com...

Submitted by Hal Brown on August 5, 2008 - 7:30pm.

Is Doug Thompson a liar?

More people need to see the racist and bigoted side of McCain. As Doug's column, now the second most read ever of CHB moving towards number one, some of those who comment on other threads (Digg for example) are dismissing what he said by basically saying he made the story up about sitting at a table with McCain and other Republicans and hearing the actual racist jokes.

They discount Doug's credibility, mentioning the times Doug trusted sources who lied to him. He has since apologized and removed the columns based on what he was told.

But this is an account that comes from something Doug himself witnessed, not something he was told about. People doubting whether it is true or not should ask themselves why he would risk his reputation and that of Capitol Hill Blue (which he founded in 1994) by lying.

They should read some of his other columns (here), a number of which are critical of Obama.

(Emphasis mine)

Would Thompson make something up and risk his reputation? My dear boy, lying is his reputation.

Here's something I wrote about four years ago when the above mentioned "trusted source who lied to him" kerfuffle first happened:

The Strange Case of Doug Thompson

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

That is what you nowadays call political correctness. I am a realist. When I get totally PO I come unglued and call that person every name in the book. But just because I use those words don't mean that it applies to their own race. It is just another 4 letter word in my dictionary.

Why, one day at band camp, I was sitting their with some other nationalities and I called myself a wetback. and well i guess I was being a racist to myself. I shouldn't be so racist to myself._javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

Being serious now. Why is this classified as racist but when people here the same racial slurs in music they get down and shake their ass.

And why is it not racist when you see the hear the same racial slurs on Comedy Central and people die laughing rolling on the floor.

Just another one of those double standards if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

At this point the republicans are gonna try all the tricks in the book to turn America against Obama. It's sad how low McCain has gone to bolster his "dead presidency."

McCain can't sleep at night because he understands his wife will never have sex with him again if he allows a black man to beat him.

"We McCains may tolerate loosers outside our household... but hon... you sure as hell can kiss this goodbye in our bedroom."

Talk about a political castration! He's so nervous he can't even read from a prompter without sounding like a mumbling basket case. Is he storing nuts for the winter freeze in his cheeks??

The Republican party is looking at him saying... "How do we fix him??" Lets face it... Obama is going to be president. McCain should just pack it in, retire and write a book on surviving torture in the jungle. Maybe it will get picked up by the Discovery Channel in 2009. The presidential race at this point looks to be a Black stallion -vs- a lab rat.

I saw a child in diapers point to McCain on TV and say... Santa!... Santa got a hair cut!

Just like most arrogant loosers they bring out the race card. Diehard McCain supporters are even saying behind closed doors-
"McCain, If you were a better representative of our race, we would back you on the racism... give us something to be racist about... to hang the white sheets on huh?? We're trying to work with you here... but unfortunatley Mr. War Vet.... you are dropping the ball... our ball!!"

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Level X]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Here he uses the term "tar baby"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Did you read the quote?

"For me to stand here and ... say I'm going to declare divorces invalid because of someone who feels they weren't treated fairly in court, we are getting into a tar baby of enormous proportions and I don't know how you get out of that."

I think it's pretty obvious that he didn't mean that as a racial slur. Although I'm not familiar with using the term "tar baby" to refer to a sticky situation, which is obviously what he meant here, it must be a common expression either where he's from or in his generation. If you search the net for definitions of "tar baby" none of them are racial.

Merriam-Webster defines "tar baby" as: something from which it is nearly impossible to extricate oneself .

For those of you who don't know, the term comes from the second Uncle Remus book. The stories in this book were originally african american folk tales. "Tar-Baby was a doll made of tar and turpentine, used to entrap Br'er Rabbit."

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

But McCain still took the girl in and they adopted her, didn't they? And they spent a fortune to repair the girl's cleft palate.

Yes sos... I am not at all comfortable saying he doesn't love and support his daughter. She IS NOT black as Jetx said by the way, she is Indian.

Why didn't Cindy McCain talk it over with her husband before adopting the child and returning to the states and "suprising" him?

Why did he waffle on the Confederate flag issue? By his own words he admits doing what he knew was wrong because he was "ambitious" and wanted support from NC politicians...HIS WORDS.

Voting against MLK day? His words ...he wasn't "up on the issue". He was 47 years old and a senator in DC, but somehow he missed the civil rights movement and MLKs assasination? No sale. If he was genuinely ignorant then he could have chosen NOT TO VOTE like he has many times before.
I thin he voted against it becasue he wanted to be liked by the old school white republicans and because he needed their friendship for his ambituous purposes.

Perfectly willing to be a racist for ambition or to be liked by powerful men.

Add his addiction to gambling and what playing the CRAPS table for 14 hour stints says about his need to be the center of attention and his risk taking nature.... Google around on the psychology of craps players vs. poker players.

Add in the image of a man loudly telling racist/homophobe jokes in a DC bar.

His quick temper with reporters when challenged (insecurity)

My honest opinion....John McCAin isn't a racist in the KKK hard core love to hate crew, but rather he is willing to play the part if it will make him liked among the old white power broker politicians in DC. A racist not in heart, but because he just wants to be liked by racists...which kind of scares me more.

Charles Keating called John McCain "a wimp" and walked into his senate office and told John McCain to get involved in the Lincoln savings and loan scandal what later became the "keating five"...McCAin was known as "keatings little finger" McCain did as he was told...he has always wanted to be liked by powerful men. Possibly a psychological flaw left over from his relationship with his dad.

This is why McCain is more dangerous than the risk taken on Barak Obama. McCain will do things contrary to his conscience simply for the approval of powerful men or for ambition. This is a recipe for a second Bush term or worse where the POTUS is manipulated by the powerful few.
McCain will do as he is told.

McCain has out and out admitted that he is willing to abandon his principles for the sake of ambition. And he desperately needs attention and to be liked. That kind of insecurity is a dangerous mix.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Yes ... He used the term "tar baby" in an odd way. I will give you it wasn't intentional racism and likely a poor choice of words. Agreed.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I don't say it is right for him to use the word but it isn't right for people to label him as racist for using the word either.

With all due respect, thats a contradictory statement.
He commited a racist act
But its unfair to label him racist?

There are other things you can call your captives.

If race had nothing to do with it - why call them a name based on race?

If them being "gooks" had nothing to do with it - then why does he call them "gooks" instead of ... say.... ***holes, or sons of *snip*es, perhaps mother *snip*ers

It has everything to do with race.

His hatred for his captors is understandable, and completely acceptable. But his use of a racial slur to describe it is not.

His inability to retract the statement is even worse.

This is not his only racially motivated action either.

John McCain is a typical white "ELITIST" male (yah..i said it
) who thinks if you're not rich, christian, white, and in power, you don't mean jack crap.

And before someone tries to distort my words as saying that i believe all white males are that way - please try to refrain from such ignorance.

John McCain is a typical white elitist male. The adjective elitist is what segregates him from the general population.

Thank you for your time.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The only thing racist about McCain is the fact he is running against Obama. He actually has the nerve not to step aside and hand over the Election to him. Because we all know any opposition to Lord Messiah Obama is racist.

Homophobia? How can opposing special rights for homo's be homophobic?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

How is allowing gay marriage a "special right"

If marriage defined by law is the union of two people, why then can it not be applied EQUALLY to gay people?

Marriage defined by religion is the union between a man and a woman

however

law should not throw up any walls on the basis of religion (Ie: separation of church and state)

Disallowing gay marriage on the basis of religion is going against that very fundamental rule.

Homophobic?

yep.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Homophobia? How can opposing special rights for homo's be homophobic?

I was thinking he was homophobic becasue of the terms he uses while drinking at the bar...but yes his policies show the same.

Special rights? you have me confused?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

How can opposing special rights for homo's be homophobic?

You give a partial answer to your own question, RR.

"homo's"?

Why can't you use the term "gays"? Whats wrong with homosexuals?

Gota use the derogatory form of "homo's"???

And special rights? Gay's dont ask for SPECIAL rights. They ask for EQUAL rights. Let them get married.

I think assault on someone on the premise that they're gay SHOULD be construed as a hate crime.

I think gay's SHOULD be allowed to adopt.

Whats next?

Should we have special "gays only" restrooms so the rest of us dont get any of their cooties?

Give me a break man.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have said it once and I'll say it again.This man is not fit to be president.Not just because of this, but on many levels. This will post will get buried just like most post that paint this man in a negative light.So while we sit here and wait on the mythical whitey tape and wonder why Obama sat in Rev Wright's church for 20+ years we have this. Being intolerant of gays,blacks and asians is not a crime,but it shows a major flaw in this man thinking.How can you lead a nation that is made up of all kinds of people when you think its ok and funny to make fun of people for any reason.

Now people will use the excuse of "He's a sailor and thats what sailors do." or "It's jokes you people need to lighten up." This man is suppose to be a professional.This man suppose to represent all of the people,but does he really.
Guys like this are slowly dieing out,but not quite fast enough.This man is not fit to be president.Not just because of this,but on many levels.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join