It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Military Infiltrate U.S. Border & Hold U.S. Border Agent At Gunpoint

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Mexican Military Infiltrate U.S. Border & Hold U.S. Border Agent At Gunpoint

washingtontimes.com

A U.S. Border Patrol agent was held at gunpoint Sunday night by members of the Mexican military who had crossed the border into Arizona, but the soldiers returned to Mexico without incident when backup agents responded to assist.

It was unclear what the soldiers were doing in the United States, but U.S. law enforcement authorities have long said that current and former Mexican military personnel have been hired to protect drug and migrant smugglers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wonder when we're gonna finally have a firefight between our agents and the Mexican military protecting the drugrunners and illegal smugglers?

washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Border fence anyone?

And by the way....

That border guard needs to be fired. Davey Crockett took on the whole Mexican army left handed while fighting a bear with a plastic spork!!!
Kids these days...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Border fence anyone?

And by the way....

That border guard needs to be fired. Davey Crockett took on the whole Mexican army left handed while fighting a bear with a plastic spork!!!
Kids these days...

Goodness gracious, sounds like we need to declare independance again.

And they didn't have plastic back then, Crockett carved his spork out of the tusk of a wild boar he caught with his bare hands....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey, they are just getting ready for the NAFTA and because it will be no borders they will be able to do as they wish in US territory.

I guess this Mexican military could not wait for NAFTA to become official.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
"A U.S. Border Patrol agent was held at gunpoint Sunday night by members of the Mexican military who had crossed the border into Arizona"

If someone comes onto my land or in my house with a weapon, I shoot them. Now not only do we have illegals tresspassing on US soil, but a military as well. Send the marines to the border, show illegals and the mexican military where the line is.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
After what the U.S. justice system did to agents Compean & Ramos, why would any border agent ever believe their real profession is to guard the border?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hmmm. Isn't sending troops into a foreign country an open act of war?

Wonder what the official response will be. I mean, Mexico does have oil. We can't have an oil producing country instigating violence now can we?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by WarBow]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

State Department spokeswoman Nicole Thompson said Tuesday that the department had no information on the incident, and referred further questions to the Border Patrol. "It is not an incident that we are aware of," she said.

The State department had no information about another sovereign countries armed forces crossing their border?

mmhmm...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarBow
I mean, Mexico does have oil. We can't have an oil producing country instigating violence now can we?

Right on the spot, they are our second exporter of oil

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

n November 2007, the Border Patrol chased a dump truck full of marijuana in the same area when it also got stuck in the river while trying to return to Mexico. While agents sought to unload 3 tons of marijuana, the driver - who had fled - returned with a heavily armed group of men wearing Mexican military uniforms and carrying military-style weapons.

The soldiers backed the agents away and bulldozed the truck back into Mexico.

"Nothing was ever done," Local 2544 said. "Nobody was ever held accountable. Particularly galling is the fact that the Mexican military often pulls these stunts in Humvees donated to them by the American taxpayers. We note that Border Patrol agents have historically driven worn-out, junk vehicles."

This is unbelievable. If this was the Canadian forces this would turn out so different.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Not that this is a good thing, but when the news agencies put out a story about the letter agencies running ops in places like Iran and Syria, it is a good thing. I must be missing something here. When the US does it, it is all good, when someone else does it, we scream bloody murder from the mountaintops? I am not saying either is a good thing, but if you are going to support one nation doing it, you can't really decry another for the same thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

This is signature material!
I'm going to bust it out one day, when it is least expected.

As for the thread, these guys are most likely just cartel thugs dressed up like military. Just like the ones who did the Pheonix Arizona assassination, dressed up as SWAT.

They can get knock off or actual gear from any where, China even produces knock offs of every thing.

Not military, just cartel thugs wearing more disgiuses so they get messed with less. It worked for the Pheonix hit, it will again.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
How unrealistic would it really be to have say..15 pred's patrolling the most unprotected areas of the borders?

I mean its not like the us doesn't have 600 Million under there couch cushions..

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Retikx]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I was pretty sure that localized Mexican military were held under the thumb of the drug cartels? The drug cartels do seem to have a great amount of control over Mexico, at least northern Mexico it seems like. A lot of these Mexican military incursions happen a lot, they're supposed to be numbering in the hundreds from the last couple of years. They're just getting more aggressive nowadays.

Edit to add: Also some of these guys have had actual equipment with them, as in outgunning and having more firepower than the Border Patrol guys.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Didn't Bush have a few thousand National Guard troops deployed to the southern border a year or so ago? Whatever happened to that?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

So, you're proposing these were Mexican military on a Mexican government sponsored infiltration of the border, and not corrupt Mexican military on the take supporting the drug runners and illegals smugglers? Interesting.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Their timeline ended, and they left the border. They weren't there for active border security anyways.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
"Gee I'm Mexican military...I get $600.00 a month to play soldier and I also get $3,000 a month in cash to protect these drug smugglers. I'm building a house in Sonora for my entire family...Ill be retired there in 5 years."

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Screw the border fence! We need Marine snipers with shoot to kill orders. They are already on the payroll and will cost much less than a crappy fence that Mexicans seem to have no problem going over or under. Instead of our government training soldiers on military reservations, they should let them patrol the border as part of their training.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join