Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Clooney To Hold Obama Fundraiser In Switzerland

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
More Obama pandering to the Euro? Looks like it.

Hollywood Megastar To Host Fundraiser For Obama

Academy award winning actor George Clooney is set to host a fundraiser for Barack Obama in Switzerland next month.

The event, taking place on the evening of September 2 in Geneva, Switzerland will be split into two parts: a reception and a dinner. According to Obama’s National Finance Committee, tickets for the reception where Clooney will speak are going for $1,000, followed by a dinner at the home of NFC member Charles Adams for $10,000 a plate. Space for the dinner is limited to 75 guests.

Why does one of Obama's National Finance Committee members own a house in Switzerland? Has Obama set up campaign offices in Europe also?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Found some info on Charles Adams.

Obama tied to lobbyists, but boasts of not taking money

BUNDLER_______________MIN. PLEDGE___LOCATION______FIRM
Charles C. Adams Jr.__$50,000_______Switzerland___Hogan & Hartson

Also, look at all the Hogan & Hartson donations on this page to U.S. politicians and the DNC. Looks like there's quite a bit of Swiss influence left of the aisle.

Charles Adams-Political Campaign Contributions-2008 Election Cycle

So, it looks like Charles is a lobbyist from Switzerland that's now on Obama's National Finance Committee. Notice it doesn't specify which nation, though.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why is he having a fund raiser in Europe? Probably not too many people there registered to vote in the US.

Just Obama showing how much he cares about the common man in America. You know, the guy that couldn't afford to attend such a function.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Why is he having a fund raiser in Europe? Probably not too many people there registered to vote in the US.

I have the same question in my mind. Why not in the U.S.? How can Obama or any politician accept funds raised in another country?

Just Obama showing how much he cares about the common man in America. You know, the guy that couldn't afford to attend such a function.

You really think him or any politician really cares about us common folk?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Too bad. I'll have to add Clooney to my list of celebrities I no longer like. This campaigning/fundraising oversees is alarming and makes me even more certain Obama is dangerous for America.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
You really think him or any politician really cares about us common folk?

You're right. It's not just Obama.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The Academy Award winning actor officially endorsed Obama early last year calling him a ‘rock star.’

source

A fund raiser in Switzerland to raise money for the Rock Star. Sounds unbelievable. How many nails does Obama has left for his coffin. He can thank Batboy, I mean Clooney for driving in one more.

top topics

join