It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Planes (Drones) to Spy on British Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
According to The Independent which is a respected British broadsheet,
the UK Government is planning to use spy planes currently only used for military purposes to spy on the British public. The UK is already the most heavily surveilled country in the world with more CCTV camera per head of population than anywhere else. This would take things to another very scary level.

From The Independent...

The unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) can obtain clear images while flying at up to 50,000ft. If ministers give the scheme the go-ahead the UK will be among the first countries to use UAVs to monitor its own citizens

www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 6/8/08 by Insomniac]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Damn, it's just non-stop!

How can spy planes be justified? What exactly do they need to find? It's starting to get ridiculous now, next thing they'll have cameras on every corner... oh wait that already happened! Tsk... never wanted those civil liberties anyway...

[edit on 6/8/2008 by GrooveCat]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wow...strange if its true,and very scary...ohhh well,its for those damn terrorists i suppose so its ok..

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If this goes ahead I ask all other Brits to leave big messages in your garden. Something like "Hello Big Brother".

I am being entirely serious here, let them know you know they are watching, and that they will never see you do anything. Let them know they waste their money trying to see things they wont, let them know you have no support of them.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

Not a bad idea, I expect they wouldn't really care but is certainly better than just ignoring it. I was thinking of having 'I love Police States' on the roof! haha!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this would provoke even the 'Doesn't bother me, I've got nothing to hide' brigade into reacting! CCTV camera's, spy planes, biometric ID cards, DNA database from newborn babies... What is wrong with this country???

I like the idea of painting messages on our roofs

[edit on 6/8/08 by Insomniac]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Herti.

Thats the system thats been on trial with certain units and Police agencies, is getting its war wings in Afghanistan as we speak, and the Met, TVP and two other forces have very keen eyes on to its development as a 'border patrol' craft.

All they need is the legal go ahead for flying UAV airframes within UK airspace. That will come next year.

Till then, well they will just have to keep using the micro aircraft they have.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
They are using them because they will be able to monitor mobile phone conversations bettter and also pick up on wireless pc/laptop connections. They are to be used initially against identified communities of the population who may have their own agendas, shall we say?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien life uk
They are using them because they will be able to monitor mobile phone conversations bettter and also pick up on wireless pc/laptop connections. They are to be used initially against identified communities of the population who may have their own agendas, shall we say?

If they need to monitor an individual, they can do it now. They don't need a spy plane. A plane due the very fact that it cannot be stationery must surely be used to monitor a largish area? Any experts on spy planes who can give some detail on their capabilities?

new topics

top topics

join