posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:35 PM
Here are all things i agree with from each candidate. Maybe some optimism is in check for today? The boards seem very angry.
Obama vs McCain (OvM):
John McCain on Abortion
- Supports federal funding of embryonic stem cell research
- Support adoption & foster care; work together on abortion
- Opposes public financing for abortions
- Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines
- Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions
- Prohibit transporting minors across state lines for abortion
Barack Obama on Abortion
We can find common ground between pro-choice and pro-life
Expand access to contraception; reduce unintended pregnancy
Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases
Moral accusations from pro-lifers are counterproductive
Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill.
Protect a woman's right to choose
Supports Roe v. Wade
Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines
Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives
Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women
John McCain on Technology
Ban Internet taxes & new cell phone taxes.
Make Internet tax moratorium permanent
Technology can hasten end of haves vs. have-nots
Get more government documents on-line
No government control over computer encryption
Voted YES on Internet sales tax moratorium
Barack Obama on Technology
- Incentives for next-generation broadband in every community
- Increase funding for math and science research & education
- Organizes campaign events via MySpace.com and FaceBook.com
- Increase funding for basic research; expand broadband access
- Invest on transportation and clean coal technology projects
- Ensure net neutrality: no corporate-tiered Internet.
- Create online database of science & math scholarships
- Overturn FCC approval of media consolidation
John McCain on Crime
- More death penalty; stricter sentencing
- Pro-death penalty; more prisons; increased penalties
- Voted NO on restricting class-action lawsuits
- Voted YES on mandatory prison terms for crimes involving firearms
- Voted YES on rejecting racial statistics in death penalty appeals
- Establish an FBI registry of sexual offenders
Barack Obama on Crime
- Ban racial profiling & eliminate disparities in sentencing.
- Have a civil rights division enforce laws fairly and justly
- Pushed Illinois bill to videotape all capital interrogations
- Some heinous crimes justify the ultimate punishment
- Passed 150 laws to toughen penalties for violent crime
- Death penalty should be enforced fairly and with caution
- Voted YES on reinstating $1.15 billion funding for the COPS Program
There is a lot more to choose from.
Everything came from Here
I'd love to hear more positive reinforcement for either candidate. Which do you like on which issue?
[edit on 8/6/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]