It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been wondering ever since..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi!

I'm new to this place, bit of a skeptic, but will believe it when I see it. Though I find it interesting to read all the different theories based on different stories and pictures/evidence that different people present. Therefore, with all of yours extensive knowledge, maybe you could dig up a few theories based on what I've seen because I'm coming up blank.

I was living in Tromsø at the time, it's about 1 1/5 year ago. Tromsø is a city in northern Norway, above the polar circle with sea to the west and mountains everywhere else. I was standing outside the house I was living in having a fag before going to bed, quite late, but during that time of year it's dark anyway.

It was a really clear night and I was looking to see if I could catch some northern auroras. I could see the milky way and my eyes were very adjusted to the dark. I saw alot of shooting stars and for a moment looked to the north/west area. There I saw what could be reminded of a fireball, really quickly came and went. It was pretty far away in the horizon. It didn't shoot across the sky in that sense it just appeared for about a second and then disappeard again. Bright orange in colour and like I mentioned reminded me of what could be an explotion or fireball.

The next day I checked every news source about anything it might be but found nothing. If any of you have any thories, ideas or anything about what this could be. Please feel free to speak your mind. Because I've been wondering about what that could be ever since I saw it.

Cheers.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Fergu]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fergu

It sounds cool. More than likely it was just shooting stars. But there is always the possibility that it was some "thing" else. In any case it sounds like a really interesting event to have witnessed.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It definatly was not a shooting star or several stars bungled up together. It was very close to the horizon and not up in the sky, as if falling down. It was cool to watch for the second it lasted, but its still boggeling my mind.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Fergu]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A crashing UFO. Lulz

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Could be, could be. That would have been interesting, but I doubt it..

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, honestly it was probably a piece of debris that was burning up in the atmosphere. However, that is just my hunch. *SHRUG*

[edit on 11-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good hunch.. It could be that. Kinda strange though that it was only for a couple of seconds and very close to the horison..

top topics

join