It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
the english breakfast has nothing on the ulster fry

soda bread - lightly fried
potato bread - lightly fried
pancake - lightly fried on both sides
egg
sausage
crispy bacon
mushrooms
beans
grilled tomato
and a good dollop of hp sauce
a cup of tea
toast optional
gorgeous!

none of your black pud muck !

noneof your blood muck

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So, you don't like Bacon and Eggs. Well, that's fine. Don't eat it.

My parents are on a no carb diet, and they are as healthy as they have ever been, so Bacon and Eggs would be healthy for them

As for me, I LOVE bacon and eggs. Especially if the egg yolk is a little runny, and you can dredge the bacon through it.

Hagas is not my idea of dinner, and its dang unhealthy, but I'm not complaining about it. People have the right to eat what they want, get over it.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think the dingo ate yo baby. lol. A silly thread for sure, sometimes silly is a good thing. Props to the mighty egg. Still chortling over 'no your just a .....' Classic.reply to post by mopusvindictus

[edit on 8/7/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I am utterly amazed at some of the ridiculous responses posted here today. Meat eaters calling me a food Nazi. Other meat eaters suggesting that a fruit diet will give me some anemia-induced disease or illness. Are you serious!!!! Some of you meat eaters have no clue what you're talking about. Not surprising coming from a mass group of meat eaters who only eat food because it tastes good. The truth is, Bacon and Eggs are not healthy. Eggs have zero percent nutritional value and Bacon is just fried artery-chokes. If you want real energy in the morning, eat fresh fruits, drink fruit juice or have a organic frozen fruit bar. Believe me, it will make your body happy. (Make sure you don't drink any disgusting cow milk with that either). By the way, did I mention that fruits and veggies provide many of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients your body really needs including protein. I mean let's face it, Meat eaters can't live off protein alone. Nuts, and seeds are also good sources as well. Sadly enough, meat isn't even the best source of protein. Dark green leafy vegetables like Spinach, Greens, Wheatgrass, and Blue-green Algae are. The only reason meat contain any traces of protein is because animals like cows eat grass because they're natural herbivores (like all meat eaters should be) and look how huge they are!! If you want to have a heart-attack before 50, a belly the size of a beach ball, and a weak stomach, a dying prostrate, or a liver that is backed up with fatty acidic toxins to the point where it can't even do its job anymore, continue to eat bacon, eggs and other garbage. Don't say you haven't been warned!! And by the way, anyone who lived to be 70 years old eating fried, artery clogging foods may have lived twice as long with a vegan diet. More to come!!!

[edit on 8/7/2008 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Why wouldn't anyone eat eggs for breakfast - they are a fantastic food!

Have a look at bodybuilders gorging on mountains of them. They are in peak condition, very healthy people with little fat and low cholestrol levels. Eggs are full of high biological value protein fantastic for muscle growth and repair.

There are hundreds of studies showing that eggs are a great food and those starting the day with eggs actually eat less calories throughout the day.

Obviously avoid the fried egg where you'll be guzzling damaged fats (cooking oils) that the body can't handle well. Nothing wrong with it though in moderation but hard boiled eggs, scrambles eggs, poached eggs etc are all great!

If you want a little less fat in your egg, remove the yolk and you'll have a non-fat high protein source. Lets face it though - we all need fat and its better to get it from natural sources such as eggs rather than processed crap with trans fatty acids.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by liamsquire]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
I am utterly amazed at some of the ridiculous responses posted here today. Meat eaters calling me a food Nazi, other meat eaters suggesting that a fruit diet will give me some anemia-induced disease or illness. Are you serious!!!! Some of you meat eaters have no clue what you're talking about. Not surprising coming from a mass group of people who only eat food because it tastes good. The truth is, Bacon and Eggs are not healthy. Eggs have zero percent nutritional value and Bacon is just fried artery-chokes. If you want real energy in the morning, eat fresh fruits, drink fruit juice or have a organic frozen fruit bar. Believe me, it will make your body happy. (Make sure you don't drink any disgusting cow milk with that either). By the way, did I mention that fruits and veggies provide many of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients your body really needs including protein. I mean let's face it, Meat eaters can't live off protein alone. Nuts, and seeds are also good sources as well. Sadly enough, meat isn't even the best source of protein. Dark green leafy vegetables like Spinach, Greens, Wheatgrass, and Blue-green Algae are. The only reason meat contain any traces of protein is because animals like cows eat grass because they're natural herbivores (like all meat eaters should be) and look how huge they are!! If you want to have a heart-attack before 50, a belly the size of a beach ball, and a weak stomach, a dying prostrate, or a liver that is backed up with fatty acidic toxins to the point where it can't even do its job anymore, continue to eat bacon, eggs and other garbage. Don't say you haven't been warned!! And by the way, anyone who lived to be 70 years old eating fried, artery clogging foods could have lived twice as long with a vegan diet. More to come!!!

dude, again with the insinuations. EGGS HAVE NUTRITIONAL VALUE! not only do they contain High Density Lipoproteins which are good for you, but they also contain choline. choline is vital for:

Choline serves various functions in our bodies – in the structure of cell membranes, protecting our livers from accumulating fat, as the precursor molecule for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and more.

So don't act like eggs have nothing to do with nutrition. Served and prepared correctly, you can make a healthy meal with eggs. and stop with the bashing! milk is good for you too! skim, mind you. but it's still good. it gives you vitamins A and D and Calcium. not to mention:
Biotin and pantothenic acid are B vitamins important for energy production.
Iodine is a mineral essential for thyroid function.
Potassium and magnesium are for cardiovascular health.
Selenium is a cancer-preventive trace mineral.
Thiamine is a B-vitamin important for cognitive function, especially memory.
Vitamin A is critical for immune function.
Vitamin B12 and riboflavin are necessary for cardiovascular health and energy production.
Vitamins D and K are essential for bone health.

(all found at en.wikipedia.org...)

and if you read right under that, it also mentions a possible link between drinking low-fat milk and decreasing chances for arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease, colorectal cancer, and obesity. obese people may also benefit from reduced risk of insulin resistance, meaning less chance for type two (then possibly type one) diabetes! All the facts are there, my friend. of course, there are negative possibilities, although they haven't been as thoroughly tested as the positive ones.

*edit* adding another point: do you know what it's like not to having a functioning thyroid? it's horrid. i nearly died so many times because of it. so be sure to drink... hmmm... if only there was a beverage that had traces of iodine... oh yeah there is! milk!

[edit on 7/8/08 by iwant2believe1992]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Mr Knowledge, you crack me up. I will think of you when I wrap my teeth around my next barbq. What is your deal? I think the dingo ate yo baby
'Apalled, flabergasted' we do what we can around here.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
I am utterly amazed at some of the ridiculous responses posted here today. Meat eaters calling me a food Nazi. Other meat eaters suggesting that a fruit diet will give me some anemia-induced disease or illness. Are you serious!!!! Some of you meat eaters have no clue what you're talking about. Not surprising coming from a mass group of meat eaters who only eat food because it tastes good. The truth is, Bacon and Eggs are not healthy. Eggs have zero percent nutritional value and Bacon is just fried artery-chokes. If you want real energy in the morning, eat fresh fruits, drink fruit juice or have a organic frozen fruit bar. Believe me, it will make your body happy. (Make sure you don't drink any disgusting cow milk with that either). By the way, did I mention that fruits and veggies provide many of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients your body really needs including protein. I mean let's face it, Meat eaters can't live off protein alone. Nuts, and seeds are also good sources as well. Sadly enough, meat isn't even the best source of protein. Dark green leafy vegetables like Spinach, Greens, Wheatgrass, and Blue-green Algae are. The only reason meat contain any traces of protein is because animals like cows eat grass because they're natural herbivores (like all meat eaters should be) and look how huge they are!! If you want to have a heart-attack before 50, a belly the size of a beach ball, and a weak stomach, a dying prostrate, or a liver that is backed up with fatty acidic toxins to the point where it can't even do its job anymore, continue to eat bacon, eggs and other garbage. Don't say you haven't been warned!! And by the way, anyone who lived to be 70 years old eating fried, artery clogging foods may have lived twice as long with a vegan diet. More to come!!!

and nobody said anything about living off protein alone. we're just enjoying our lives. we're eating things that taste good. thanks to modern medical and biological knowledge, we can also try and make it better for us! the fruit just gives you a brief energy burst and then you have to..... EAT SOME MORE FRUIT! i'm not arguing about the protein/veggies any more. in fact, i'll move off of it right now. what i'm concerned about, as another human being, is your wellfare. you live off of fruits and veggies and NO meat, am i correct? have you never heard that absolutionism is the route of all dietary evil? it's just unhealthy to turn to only one food source! my cousin actually was a vegan for a long time. but then she got diagnosed with a type of anemia caused by lack of proteins. she's been a meat-eater ever since. being a meat-eater doesn't mean not eating vegetables. i eat vegetables! but living in absolution is never the way to go. moderation is key for a healthy lifestyle. did you miss health class? you need everything in moderation. we were made with stomachs that could handle just about everything for a reason! so we could eat, enjoy, and use many different kinds of sources. god has a plan and vegans... well, they just throw that plan out the window when they say, "god gave us the cow to eat... but i'll go eat everything except the cow because i don't think it's healthy." if you think healthy means, "can i eat lots of it and not get sick?" then, no it doesn't. but if you ask, "can i eat it in moderation and be able to live life feeling a little bit of nice-n-full?" then yes it does. healthy is a balance between mental health, physical health, and nutritional health. i'm thinking you need help with some of those criteria for being healthy. i am. i'm a bit overweight. but i also have no metabolism due to a non-existent thyroid gland. but take it from a guy who's grown up around medical books and the like: stop the path you're on. we're meant to eat both meat and veggie. look at our teeth for the proof!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
lol...i have a breakfast maybe once every 3 months...a special cigarette and coffee does it for me....and hey im not obese or anything...most important meal of the day my ass...
Oh but if i do have breakfast its usually porridge(with salt,not sugar!) ....

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I agree that bacon and eggs isnt the healthiest breakfast but its sooo damn good. I personally eat bacon and eggs twice a month. The other day I visited my Grandma in the country and she made us breakfast. She frys bacon and then uses the bacon greace to fry up the eggs. I was curious and wanted to know how many times a month my grandfather had this meal back when he was still alive. She said every morning!! I couldn't believe it, no wonder hes no longer with us. If you think we eat unhealthy now a days you should go back 50-60 years. I dunno if it was like this in other places around the world but here in Quebec people used to fry everything in bacon greace. Yummy!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
reply to post by StefanO

Oh man, with the rather innocent sounding names of things in this thread, like "black pudding" or "white pudding", I can't help but wonder what these berries are. Dangle berries??

Bwahahahahah....It's "Lingon berries" not Dangle berries. Its a berrie growing wild all over Sweden. Very delish. You can get a it at your local IKEA or any place selling Scandinavian/Northern European groceries.

Its a must try:-)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Bacon grease. Homer in his glory. Slather me with it, drop it in a funnel, bathe me in it. I LOVE bacon! Sue me.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I eat oats, a banana and a protein shake for breakfast. I was surprised this afternoon while going shopping how healthy all the items were in our trolley compared to everyone elses.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This pretty much sums up the bacon for me. I don't eat alot of it but I do eat it and it is so good.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Since I have an office job, I only eat once a day...
Bacon and eggs are off my list now. If I do eat eggs its the Eggbeaters without the yolks. The yolks are whats high in colesterol, the egg whites are high in protein and are good for you, bacon is yummy but bad for atreries.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I co-sign fruits for breakfast. It used to be milk+cereals for me for a while then ive learnt today's milk is more a poison than anything else, so i quit.

I like fried eggs & certainly bacon but not for breatkfast, that would be a bit strong for me not to mention the cholesterol issue.No coffe either for me, never.

The result is no major disease for me thus far, i guess i'm on the right path.(*knock on wood*)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by StefanO

Originally posted by LostNemesis
reply to post by StefanO

Oh man, with the rather innocent sounding names of things in this thread, like "black pudding" or "white pudding", I can't help but wonder what these berries are. Dangle berries??

Bwahahahahah....It's "Lingon berries" not Dangle berries. Its a berrie growing wild all over Sweden. Very delish. You can get a it at your local IKEA or any place selling Scandinavian/Northern European groceries.

Its a must try:-)

I think 'dangle berries' was said tongue in cheek.

LOOK HERE

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
fruit and blood pudding....not my idea of breakfast.

who cares.

until the fascist government takes over and tells us what to eat for breakfast, we have our own choices to make on that matter.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
just what the hell is wrong with eggs?

i get mine hippy style: grassfed, free range, no hormones or antibiotics. i down 4 of them a day rocky style.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am 6'5'' 280 with a 40 inch waist and 16% BF. My HDL is 66, LDL is 82. I do crossfit 5x a week. But I eat bacon, egg, sausage, and pancakes 3-4 times a week.

I had a stress test last year and achieved 18 METs (65ml/kg/min vo2). Cardiologist laughed that several of my younger coworkers who had the same test achieved less. I also had a UR CT of my heart. MY three main arteries appear clear.

Yet, my PC Doc's PA, complains all the time that my BMI says I am 'obese' and I need to "loose weight". Yet this skinny little douche gets out of breath doing my physical.

My granddad was 250#, 6'1'', smoked, drank, and ate eggs. He did exercise and owned a farm. He lived to 91 and was healthy until 6 mos before he died.

My baby boomer mother has a friend, had a friend, from her college sorority who was a vegan. She was a vegetarian from her teen years. Never smoked or drank. She smoked a little pot in the early 70s and died at 49 from cancer. She was constantly ill, always had a cold, and looked sickly all the time.

Quit worrying about my bacon and ask yourself, what is that processed soy (toxic in its unprocessed form) doing to my body? Enjoy the tofu. I am gonna have a slice of Babe!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join