It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
how is this a hot topic?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubyGloom
I find both to be disgusting.
One comes from a chickens butt, the other from a dead pig.
Gross.
Fruit, or toast thanks.

Lol, chickens butt?

You should probably research animal anatomy

Eggs are great by the way, unless you get a foetus in them...yuk

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81

is it just me or is there alot of comments from people that are on high horses........

That ATS members have strong and different opinions and are unafraid to voice them is one of the beauties of ATS, that some members wish to impose their opinions and can seem intolerant of alternative viewpoints and lifestyles is one of the few drawbacks.

Now if they were French they may indeed be inclined to eat the self same high horses that they sit upon.
People and cultures differ and that is good.

Sorry for digressing, unfortunately a common failure of mine.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I dont knock people for what they eat, ok... maybe my wife, who likes to dip her cheeseburgers in her chocolate shake...yuck.

I like microwaved eggs fresh from my father-in-laws farm. (taste better than the stores) Microwaving a egg is the best way to eat it, as you don't get all the oils or fats to cook them in.

So i eat every morning...
2 eggs on wheat bread with sliced tomatoes, onions, cheese and slice chicken or turkey. (I gave up on pork products and only eat those once in awhile)
with a glass of V8 and a banana.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Agreed, a big bkfst is a good thing. I work 6 days a week so Sunday is my favorite day of the week, especially with FOOTBALL season upon us. My usual Sunday bkfst will be;
3 eggs sunny side up, slightly runny
bacon and sausage, substitute ham around the holidays
Home made hashbrowns fried crispy
2 slices toast
coupla thick slices of tomatoe from the garden, salted
strawberries if their in season
and if we have guests,
waffles or pancakes
grits
I work in construction and easily burn this off during the week. And like I said, if there are guests for Sunday dinner, lasagna.
BTW, 5'11", 185
edit for spelling and forgot the COFFEE

[edit on 8/6/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
when I think about bacon and eggs, all I can think of is clogged arterties, quadruple by-pass surgery, digestive disorders, and other other wreaks of havoc on the human body. Can anyone explain to me why they would rather eat bacon and eggs other that they like the taste?

This line of thinking is antiquated and the way you have been programmed to think. Actually you couldn't be further from the truth. Please do yourself and your heart a favor and research the Atkins theory.
www.atkins.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by house87
how is this a hot topic?

You can't be serious. You've got to be the most pessimistic person on ATS

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Mmmm If it wasn't so late I would knock together a full english after reading some of these posts!

If I have bacon + eggs for breakfast at 8AM I wont need anything to eat till about 3-4PM, it sets me up for a hard days work.

I tried 1 bowl of cereal...not enough, 2 bowls not enough, 2 bowls and toast still not enough!

I dont know what it is about bacon + eggs but it sorts me out like nothing else, well the only thing that comes remotely close is pork soup with noodles and 2 pieces of water melon (thai breakfast) but it still doesn't give me that "satisfied feeling".

Ohhhhh and has anyone else tried potato cakes????? its a scottish thing, which genious thought of these there amazing!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Anyone ever had a bacon and egg pie?

An absolutely awesome breakfast, although I would eat to much of it though, lol. Definently worth a try if you like bacon and eggs

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Atkins diet plan does work. Read up about it before posting Anit-Atkins "facts".

Fat also provides more energy than protien or carbs. Eggs and bacon are full protien and fat (bacon for fat). One provides the energy source. The other provides the building blocks for muscle.

Fresh fruits and vegetables should be eaten as well.

Enriched white bread is one of the worst things you could eat.

Look for whole grain breads if you like bread.

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Back in the old days Americans were farmers. We had plenty of pigs and chickens and not much fresh fruit and other "healthy" foods. Along with the bacon and eggs, we'd eat plenty of grits or oats, potatos and bread. This was before we had so many new comers to the country, who are becoming increasingly beligerant to our way of life.

We'd go out into our fields early and leave them late. A diet high in fat and calories allowed us to put in work like no other nation could. That's is why we are the richest people in the world. Then came industrialization and modernization. Our life style became increasingly sedentary but our diet and things we like to eat didn't change as quickly, we took our way of life from the farm to the city.

The diet you propose is for a person who has no plans of expending the intake of energy bacon and eggs supplies, the result would be health problems. But if you need to understand because what I have written makes no sense to you. Eat your ideal "healthy" breakfast, lunch and dinner and go do the work of a 19th century cotton farmer in the American midwest. Then come back here are write about what's healthy.

If its not your idea of breakfast, its probably because your not from around here!!!

[edit on 6-8-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Um, because bacon is God's perfect food. Says the atheist... but if I was going to believe in God, it would be because of the existence of bacon. And sausage, and Italian cold cuts. I actually thought of converting to Judaism, but I can't give up pork. Chosen people, or bacon? It's a tough call...

In all seriousness, I would not eat bacon and eggs every day- to quote from City Slickers, "The man ate bacon at every meal... you just can't do that!" But I do partake once a week or so. In fact, I sprinkle my bacon with black pepper and a little brown sugar, and bake it until crisp.

By the way, what is Black Pudding? Someone mentioned it on the first page of this thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I used to float out to area hospitals for equipment service repair. At Marymount hospital in Garfield Hts on Thursdays they had belgian waffle day. A chef with about 20 garnishments would create what you asked. It was heaven. Strawberries, jam, flavored butter, you name it. Living high on the hog was nice.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole
By the way, what is Black Pudding? Someone mentioned it on the first page of this thread.

Its an English invention. Its actually a sausage made with animal blood and meat....doesnt do much for me though....

Yuk

Edit for link

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6/8/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

thank edward bernays, the father of PR. He asked doctors if eating breakfast was important, then he spun that into the age-old saying, ¨4 out of 5 doctors agree, a hearty breakfast is important! Eat bacon and eggs!¨

www.sourcewatch.org...

He wrote books on propaganda that detailed techniques that would later be used by the nazis, as well as american media in advertising and political campaigns.

His techniques were used to sell us cigarettes, agent orange, bovine growth hormone, leaded gasoline, water fluoridation, genetically modified foods, etc

[edit on 8/6/2008 by sp00n1]

[edit on 8/6/2008 by sp00n1]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I didn't like the sound of it when I first heard what it was made from, now I think its a must have with a full english, who would of thought blood and sausage tasted nice lol!

Same goes with haggis, it sounds disgusting (sheep's heart, liver and lungs, minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours) but its actually rather nice to!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
And you people call yourselves conspiracy theorists? BAH!

All you know about nutrition (most of you) is what you've been TOLD.

Refined sugars and carbohydrates cause diabetes.
Canola oil is a USDA approved pesticide.
Margarine is nearly plastic, even flies are smart enough to know it's not food and won't touch it.
Most processed vegetable oils have to be bleached, deodorized, and dyed before you would eat them because the heat and pressure of the processing makes them go rancid.
A muffin made with bleached flour and refined sugar and some pesticide-sprayed, chemical-laden, genetically modified, picked green and far from fresh fruit is not a healthier breakfast than bacon and eggs.
Nearly all pre-packaged, heavily processed foods have most of the nutrients taken out of them before they ever hit the grocery store shelves, and instead they're filled with empty calories and refined carbohydrates. If you knew about some of the stuff that was in your food you'd puke.
The old USDA food pyramid was nearly identical to the feed ratios for fattening hogs.

Give me a couple of fresh free-range eggs and some bacon from a pig that hasn't been overfed on GMO corn and artificially fattened with hormones and fed antibiotics all its life, and I'll have a healthy breakfastl.

You like conspiracy theories? Set Roswell and 9-11 aside for a day and check out the FDA, the USDA, and the multi-billion dollar packaged food industry. You're being poisoned every day and you don't even think about it.

Let the flaming begin: I'm ready.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
well, if you really must know,
first off - waste not want not -

The Hog Belly smoked up real nice . sort of special . like chicken was real special it was for Sunday dinner, and well hens lay eggs, lots of eggs and
you can only use so many in baking... so they where high in protein and highly nutritious, and smoked meats went well with eggs, and pancakes tasted great with maple syrup. potatoes O'brien was added next and that was followed by Toast... & Coffee has always been a morning drink but not readily available like it is today.

So Waste Not Want Not... that's how bacon and eggs became part of the diet.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now I cannot remember exactly where I read about this, but it may have been in Tom Jones by Henry Fielding;

Eggs (known for their ‘bunging up’ properties) were eaten in the morning to try and combat the loose bowels that were the result of the beer consumed the previous night.
Bacon or ham was eaten to replace salts lost as a result of drinking beer.

It should be noted that beer was a staple part of the diet.

….so I reckon it is a tradition that has endured…as has beer!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Oh God no. Not the haggis thing again! Better thrown then eaten. I'm sorry I cannot add more to post. Haggis is a sore spot with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join