It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Lets face it living is dangerous to your health. I for one would rather enjoy life from time to time rather than eat bee pollen etc ech and every day.

The key is moderation and some exersize. Its that easy really. I have some vegetarian friends whos health is no better or worse that an average meat eater.

Plus there is NOTHING that bacon cannot improve.

That and a damn fine spell checker. Here is a moderator that thinks this thread is about forcing him to eat "bee pollen". Jeez, It's bad enough this rubbish is the most worthy thing this website has to offer at the moment.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by terms and conditions

This website is only as good as the members and their contributions.
Yours?
Criticism of a well respected member for poor spelling?

Yes, not the cutting edge of Conspiracy Theories etc but maybe a bit of light relief amidst all the seriousness and doom and gloom. Not a bad thing in my book.

Maybe this thread should have been moved to BTS, but it hasn't and it's here.

If it's not to your liking simply don't post as most of us don't on threads we have no interest in or don't have anything to contribute.

I'm sure you have much to offer here on ATS, simply ignore the stuff you aren't intersted in and leave it to those that are.
I'm also certain there are lots of other topics more to your liking, thre is a veritable plethora of subjects here.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Nice post. I think it does belong here on ATS. Once you factor in the FDA and consider who is funding most of the research, you begin to realize that it definitely fits the bill. It belongs here.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Often I wonder why bacon is called 'bacon'. I mean, why not call it pork strips? Oh well, the damage is done. The salty word 'bacon' makes my mouth water anyway.

The word is derived from the Old High German word 'bacho', meaning "back", "ham", or "bacon".

The USDA defines bacon as "the cured belly of a swine carcass"; other cuts and characteristics must be separately qualified (e.g., "smoked pork loin bacon").[1] "USDA Certified" bacon means that it has been treated for trichinella.

In continental Europe, bacon is used primarily in cubes (lardons) as a cooking ingredient, valued both as a source of fat and for its flavour. In Italy, bacon is called pancetta and usually cooked in small cubes or served uncooked and thinly sliced as part of an antipasto. Bacon is also used for barding and larding roasts, especially game birds. Many people prefer to have bacon smoked using various types of woods or turf. This process can take up to ten hours depending on the intensity of the flavour desired.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Actually, the modern world's food and drug industry and the campaigns being waged to get us to eat what THEY want us to eat belongs on ATS as much or more than many other topics, and the OP clearly demonstrates that he has fallen victim to the brainwashing.

Cyclamates were outlawed how many years ago for causing cancer? And yet they have continued to use them in Europe all these years with no problems. The sugar industry got cyclamates outlawed because they taste good enough to cause more people to stop using sugar. All the warnings on saccharin have a similar cause; saccharin is still one of the safer artificial sweeteners.

Conversely, the process used to bleach flour in the US is not legal in Europe because it leaves behind trace amounts of formaldehyde. (Maybe that's why so many Americans act like their brains are pickled - they are!
) But Americans must have their white bread!

Pasteurized and homogenized milk IS bad for you. The reason so many people suffer from "lactose intolerance" is because pasteurization kills the enzymes that would otherwise help you digest the milk. It also destroys most of the vitamins - that's why they have to "fortify" the milk. There is a dairy in Claremore OK that sells raw milk, but you have to go there to get it. Even though it's like 80 miles away, I go get it when I can. A while back one of their cows died of rabies and they tried to shut the dairy down. Weeks later they finally admitted that rabies can't even be transmitted through milk, but before that they had actually encouraged people to get rabies shots!! Talk about scare tactics! Whole RAW milk is good for us (and would be cheaper than the processed milk) but it's against the law. Why do you suppose that is? (and don't start ranting about tuberculosis; it's hardly a problem any more).

Back in the 20s, Americans could buy fresh raw whole milk, real clabber and buttermilk, luscious naturally yellow butter, fresh farm cheeses and cream in various colors and thicknesses. Today's milk is accused of causing everything from allergies to heart disease to cancer, but when Americans could buy Real Milk, these diseases were rare. In fact, a supply of high quality dairy products was considered vital to American security and the economic well being of the nation.

And here are a few tidbits about your so-called "healthy" soy products:

# Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women. # Soy phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.

Want your eyes opened? Want to learn the TRUTH about nutrition? Want to discover how much disinformation about food you've absorbed?
Go check out this NONPROFIT foundation website:

Weston A. Price Foundation

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Great Post! Starred!

This definitely is at the top of conspiracy lists. Most people just don't know it.

Consider this, without the fat in skim and 1% milk, how does your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamins A, D, E and K?

Oh man, don't get me started on soy.

That's a great website too. I have posted a few articles from that there. Good stuff.

In the 20's, the occurrence of coronary heart disease was rare, yet we consumed less sugar and more fat and about the same amount of cholesterol. Guess what we didn't consume......HFCS.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Are you kidding me?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Spelling, grammer and syntax are a reflection of the individual. If they do not speak english as their primary language then it is acceptable. It isn't a negative reflection on their intelligence or veracity; only a limitation of their knowledge of a secondary langauge.

On the other hand, if it is their primary language then ..... well let's just say I will more than likely be condescending towards them.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

How about because bacon and eggs are freaking delicious. There is no better answer than that. I'd rather die fat and happy than thin and miserable eating a stick of celery.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by terms and conditions

If you need to build your strawman by picking at my spelling then hey what the heck go for it if it makes you feel better, lest your construction get in the way of any meaningfull debate on the issue

Edit to add: On the other hand, all that straw dusted with bee pollen may be a bit more healthier than the bacon eh?

Don't forget the hat when your done

On the otherhand like I said moderation in everything eh?

[edit on 8/7/08 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21

Fish and Chips was one of my all time favorite meals when i went to the UK. omg it tasted so much better than anything called F&C in the US.

The best food in England is hands down....their Indian food
DELISH!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Not reading #ing 11 pages of this.

But eggs are fine, there are such things as good cholesterol and essential fats which are found in eggs.

Personally for breakfast everyday i eat

2 fresh whole eggs
2 Egg whites
either fresh lean ham or chicken
and 1 slice whole wheat bread.

not unhealthy at all and high in protein which is great for me since i do physical labour 7-5 as my job and go to the gym for an hour after it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You people suck!!! I've been sooo hungry for breakfast food for two days now. I keep getting the craving for a huge breakfast. Unfortunately, won't be having it until Sunday morning. Then watch out cuz the sparks are gonna fly from my forks!! Thanks for posting this OP... although you are pretty closed minded I feel that alot of other ATS'ers have had a great time discussing foods. It is very cool to see what everyone from around the world likes to eat. There is definitely a conspiracy about what is good and what is bad for us to eat. I usually go by what the FDA says... if they say don't eat it - eat tons... if they say it's safe - stay away from it.

Someone should start a recipe thread on BTS... probably get more traffic than ATS. hehe

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sorry, I can't resist.

Originally posted by euclid

Spelling, grammer and syntax are a reflection of the individual. If they do not speak english as their primary language then it is acceptable. It isn't a negative reflection on their intelligence or veracity;(this is supposed to be a comma) only a limitation of their knowledge of a secondary langauge.

On the other hand, if it is their primary language then ..... well let's just say I will more than likely be condescending towards them.

-Euclid

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Johnmike]

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

Spelling, grammer and syntax are a reflection of the individual. If they do not speak english as their primary language then it is acceptable. It isn't a negative reflection on their intelligence or veracity; only a limitation of their knowledge of a secondary langauge.

-Euclid

This I found funny....
Euclid, you do know that you used incorrect grammar right?

Not that I'm attacking you for improper English on the Internet. I just wanted to point out that even when people are attempting to be proper, mistakes happen.

I often wonder how people can misspell words, when ATS has an automatic spell check red underline thingy.

Why do people feel the need to attack someone based on their spelling / grammar? Is it because they can't stick to the subject, and a low blow is easier? I guess it's easier to do that than debate on the actual subject.

Sorry that I digress so much!
But back to the topic, I LOVE bacon! Here is a cut and paste from the Salt thread
ATS Thread - Salt

I just saw something I had to purchase right away.

Bacon Salt Shopping

I honestly can not wait to get my 4 pack sampler in the main. I'm actually splitting the contents with someone (so I get to try out all the flavors for 8 bucks).

I hope its as good as the Youtube video makes it sound....
Youtube- Bacon Salt

Now, I'm not trying to promote this product for the company, and I don't work for them... But, I can see the advantages of salt that tastes like bacon.

I could cure cheap meats, while giving them a hickory bacon smoky flavor (I hope). I'm really interested in checking out the all natural which doesn't have sodium (I'm curious what the ingredients are.)

But, there are four flavors, Original Bacon, Peppered Bacon, Hickory Bacon, All Natural.
Has anyone tried any of these and can comment on this product?

My Bacon salt should be arriving in less than 4 days. I'm excited!

Edit: Adding Links that didn't transfer with copy/paste

Bacon Salt Shopping
Youtube-Bacon Salt

[edit on 8-8-2008 by ThreeDeuce]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Another bacon lover here.

However... to me, the under-rated tragedy of the world is the amazing taste but vile long-term risks taken when eating a beautifully cooked (well) greasy piece of sausage.

Trust me, I get it - sausage is so very freakin' nasty in how it is made and how it can sometimes appear. Sausage is the reason I don't judge books by their cover.

I've always been a fitness believer. Being fit, simply, keeps me out of depression. That double sided razor is clear.

So these days I only like the 100% turkey/chicken sausages, sometimes Apple Chicken sausages.

They go amazing with anything on the breakfast menu. They taste great at dinner, and anytime in between. But I'm sure everyone here has an opinion on this one.

Anyway, starting the day healthy is always the optimal decision. I plan accordingly.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

I think it comes down to the fact that people used to do an honest days work. What I mean is work that was demanding in many areas.People have become one trick ponies sitting in their cubicles munching on granola
here is a quote to illustrate.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Gallantly said swingarm. I could not possibly add any wisdom that you have already professed.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Bacon and eggs for breakfast is a centuries old British tradition that made it's way over to this side of the pond with explorers and immigrants.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I just ate three eggs on buttered toast. Hell yeah.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join