It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli TV Ad Spoof of Oil-Rich Arabs Fuels Saudi Anger (with video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Israeli TV Ad Spoof of Oil-Rich Arabs Fuels Saudi Anger (with video)

www.israelnationalnews.com

(IsraelNN.com) Saudi Arabia is not laughing at an Israeli television commercial and has threatened to boycott the Nissan car company if it does not cancel its commercial spoofing oil-rich Arabs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think Arabs, Saudis specially need to loosen up, like what the ad is trying to portray is false right. For years and decades the Saudis and their cartel OPEC has gotten the best if us with their indiscriminated control over oil showing their greed and they get offended by this ad!! Please.

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Lo and behold there goes the prices on oil again.
is not nice to bite the hand that feeds the oil and gas addicts you know.

You know that Israel will careless about oil supplies because US with treaties has ensure that they will get their share of oil regardless if we in the US are paying 50 dollars per gallon.

I wonder if Israel pays less for gas than we do in the US.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Can anyone translate?

I can see bounties being put on those actors heads. Lets hope they are safe in Israel for their sake.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Hmm..

Arabs have apparently very fragile feelings.

Anywho .. anyone know why the commercial is in Russian?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Israelis pay $7.19 per gallon on average based on data from the beginning of this month.

Incidentally, I'm not sure what you mean about American "treaties" with Israel regarding oil because Israel gets their oil primarily from Russia as most of the Arab countries will not deal with them.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Far as I know, in the industrial and post industrial World America still has by far the cheapest gas.

Poorer countries have cheaper gas because of government sponsored incentives.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Gas prices in Israel are on par with central Europe, much higher than in the US.
There´s a substantially large Russian immigrant population in Israel, so they have a couple of Russian-language TV channels, but it seems strange that the voice-over was in Russian, but the written text in Hebrew...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
the world is telling us the we need to hate Arabs and Muslims... this is not true... and the car only get like 38 mpg.... that's pathetic.

incompetence will be our downfall.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
reply to post by marg6043

Israelis pay $7.19 per gallon on average based on data from the beginning of this month.

Well thanks for the info.

Incidentally, I'm not sure what you mean about American "treaties" with Israel regarding oil because Israel gets their oil primarily from Russia as most of the Arab countries will not deal with them.

Yes but US have a treaty with Israel that if ever they get their oil supplies interrupted the US will supply Israel with their oil needs.

It was discussed a couple of years back here in ATS, I think the treaty was done many years ago perhaps a few decades.

I will try to see if I can find the treaty in he internet as I lost the link more than year ago.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Found the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you know that by law the US guarantees israel's oil supply - no matter what? Memorandum of Agreement between the Governments of the United States of America and Israel - Oil
(March 26, 1979)

Under a 1975 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) the USA guaranteed all Israel's oil needs in the event of a crisis. This Memorandum of Understanding is quietly renewed every five years. It commits U.S. taxpayers to maintain a strategic U.S. reserve for Israel, equivalent to $3 billion in 2002 dollars. Special legislation was enacted to exempt Israel from restrictions on oil exports from the USA. Moreover, the U.S. government agreed to divert oil from the USA.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My flatmate lived in Saudi for a few years in his teens, and apparently it's not uncommon to see BMW's abandoned on the side of the road because they'd run out of fuel. How insane is that?

But yeah, Arabs: get a sense of humour! Everyone gets parodied!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hmm .. I didn't get why it was in Hebrew, written, but I recognized the language as Russian. Didn't know Israel had a big Russian population, being so Western.

marg6043

Yes but US have a treaty with Israel that if ever they get their oil supplies interrupted the US will supply Israel with their oil needs.

Small price to pay for perhaps one of our most important allies...

C.C.Benjamin

I have heard of cars being left on the side of the road after breaking down due to the harsh environment, cars don't last long. Never because they "ran out of gas..." ..

top topics

join