It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of The World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by simon_alex0327
I agree! I really do.
But, with accountability dwindling at home as you stated... I think respect across the world is dwindling fast also.

Economies the whole world over are in the pan right now and its not going to get better soon. GWB certainly has not helped matters in the worlds eye of the USA. If one of the other countries that are begining to make a mark on the worlds economies, through no fault of anyone, outshines the US, then what?
Would the US accept a new role model??

A figure head or whatever they are is setting themselves up for a heavy fall if they think they can be the role model to the world.

Just my opinion... and now im late putting my meatloaf in the oven!

Well as they say, ''All Empires fall in the end'' and they usually do quite dramatically.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I most certainly don't need my president to be a role model for me. I'm sure lots of young folks think this is an important attribute in their president, but not us grown ups. I need someone competent as my commander in chief, not someone who is charismatic or thought of as 'president of the world.'

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
I most certainly don't need my president to be a role model for me. I'm sure lots of young folks think this is an important attribute in their president, but not us grown ups. I need someone competent as my commander in chief, not someone who is charismatic or thought of as 'president of the world.'

This grown up realizes that we didn't have this the last 8 years and it has screwed us.

Yes, we need a role model. Yes we have to have accountability at the highest levels.

Why? Because if we don't it seeps into our subconscious and we all will act with impunity.

Do you have any clue how systems work or do you think you live in an isolated world?

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Quazga]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join