It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the businessmen jacked it all up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I was thinking about this today, and a while back as well. We know what we're gonna get from these business types running the country/world. What if we could somehow get an entirely different set of people to run our country?

What about scientists? Biologists, evolutionists, geologists; I'm sure there are hundreds or even thousands in each category that don't do anything but teach or waste time and money doing things that only they care about.
Take evolution for instance. Theoretically it's very interesting, the debates are entertaining and it's a good tool to help sharpen the mind. But in any
sort of practical sense this science is next to useless to layman. Unless they invent a chicken nugget that can evole into a double whopper I really couldn't care less about the bone structure of a T-rex's hind quarters.

Take the biologists for instance, I'm sure a small group of 20 or so of these people could hatch an effiecient ,effective, painless, environmentally
friendly plan to destroy all life on the planet in about 2 weeks. Why don't they? Why don't they try to take over the world? Well they've got better things to do and they're smart enough to know that it's a stupid idea.

We need to BEG these people to take over the world. At least america.

Discuss!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MozzyTake the biologists for instance, I'm sure a small group of 20 or so of these people could hatch an effiecient ,effective, painless, environmentally
friendly plan to destroy all life on the planet in about 2 weeks. .

Discuss!

Destroying all life on the planet could be environmentally friendly?

Could you please explain yourself here? Isn't life part of the environment?

I agree on the businessmen jacking it up though. I don't trust scientist.

Perhaps we should let all the goat herders and Shepard's run the planet.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Enironmentally friendly as in, after we wipe everyone out that we don't want we can still breathe the air.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
Enironmentally friendly as in, after we wipe everyone out that we don't want we can still breathe the air.

Who is it that you don't want? Who is it that you want to wipe out?

Sort of like the Nazi's did with the Jews, gypsy, poles, intellectuals, artist, and people that wore glasses? Or Pol Pot did in Cambodia? Or like the Christians did during the Inquisition?

What group of people is it that you don't want breathing your air?
Perhaps you could start in your neighbor hood and wipe out all those people that make fun of you. Is it Mexicans? Want to wipe out Mexicans?
Who?

I don't think that you have throughly thought out your plan. Do You?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
wipe everyone out that we don't want?

i think you just derailed your own topic. i agree with your original thought that we need real people running things because they are more than capable, not just because they want to. however, i'm a little disturbed that you imply genocide or at least warfare/murder as a piece of your solution.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
I was thinking about this today, and a while back as well. We know what we're gonna get from these business types running the country/world. What if we could somehow get an entirely different set of people to run our country?

What about scientists? Biologists, evolutionists, geologists; I'm sure there are hundreds or even thousands in each category that don't do anything but teach or waste time and money doing things that only they care about.
Take evolution for instance. Theoretically it's very interesting, the debates are entertaining and it's a good tool to help sharpen the mind. But in any
sort of practical sense this science is next to useless to layman. Unless they invent a chicken nugget that can evole into a double whopper I really couldn't care less about the bone structure of a T-rex's hind quarters.

Take the biologists for instance, I'm sure a small group of 20 or so of these people could hatch an effiecient ,effective, painless, environmentally
friendly plan to destroy all life on the planet in about 2 weeks. Why don't they? Why don't they try to take over the world? Well they've got better things to do and they're smart enough to know that it's a stupid idea.

We need to BEG these people to take over the world. At least america.

Discuss!

The answer is: Because you never know what is going to be discovered "just because". Do you know how the microwave was invented? Someone was playing with a magnetron, which had NOTHING to do with cooking, when he noticed it melted the candy bar he had in his pocket.

Who would have thought that a medium to transmit text between universities would have turned into what we now call the internet?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't want to wipe out anyone. I was saying that the scientists could if they wanted to, yet they don't. So it seems logical that they'd be better at running the world. I don't know how you got that idea and why you took it to have something to do with mexicans. That sounds like your problems not mine.

I think we could do much better by having scientists in charge instead of business men. Maybe if we supported them they could start running for office or something.

top topics

join