It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Jet....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I recently received an email about Obama's jet titled "Confirmed by Snopes.com" and being the person I am, went to Snopes.com and double checked. Apparently, Barack Obama thought it was a good idea to REMOVE the American flag and replace it with this...

It's supposed to be an image of himself. Now I ask you, why would a candidate for the American Presidency not choose an image for his plane that is already on the minds and hearts of every American citizen?

You can read the email, at...www.snopes.com....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Does wearing a pin ofan American flag or painting an American flag makes you 300% patriotic? What is wrong with implementing your own thoughts, why not try to be creative? Why follow the same rules as everyone else? Why not try to be a bit different? I could go on forever with the 'Whys'!

Not wearing a flag (pin) or painting one doesn't disqualify you from being an American does it? So what if people are used to the idea of the American Flag seen from every angle and everywhere? People need change, humanity needs change!

I don't think there's anything wrong with it! Unless of course, it was a painting or a pin of the devil....THEN, I would be worry and concerned!

[edit on 6-8-2008 by TheEnlightenedOne]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Believe it or not. I don't think its a big deal, but I am curious as to why he removed it.

I mean you'd think if someone wanted to be president, they would indeed display their countries flag. I dunno though, I don't look to deeply into it.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The replacement of North American's commercial markings included the removal of two stylized U.S. flag images which are used in the airline's logo (a registered trademark of that company). The North American flag/logo on the forward portion of the fuselage was removed and the one on the tail was replaced with the Obama "O" campaign logo, while the traditional depiction of the U.S. flag adjacent to the plane's registration number was retained:

(My emphasis)

So, according to snopes he removed a couple of trademarked logos containing elements from the US flag and replaced them with his own logo containing elements from the US flag.

The regular flag by the registration mark was retained.

What is the issue here?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Please add to existing discussion Here

Thanks

Thread Closed

top topics

join