It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebuttal In Defiance Of The GFL

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
EDIT: Duplicate reply - my bad!

Woody

[edit on 8-8-08 by WoodyAcres]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomsday2012
I have an idea.... How about everybody shut up about it until October 14th and see if the space ship appears? It's probably not going to happen, but if it does, all of you will feel extremely foolish.

Ahhhh.... no we wont doomsday. If you do some research and find out where these channellings are coming from and the real motive of the GFL, the odds of a made up fairytale (that only serves to ensnare a poor lost soul and siphon them of their money) coming true are zillions to one!

If you believe the GFL - Then I have some nice swamp land I'd like to sell ya!

IRM

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WoodyAcres

Hey WoodyAcres!

Thanks for chiming in with your valued thoughts and welcome to our little thread. I agree with everything your saying. It is hard to 'argue' with unfalsifiable threads such as the GFL because it's as productive as trying to trap air in a butterfly net. You can't disprove a negative... and this is highly convenient for them... and the very reason why so many of these neo-religious UFO cults spring up everywhere.

However in this case, they have made the mistake of giving us a date to expect the 'fly over' so we will hold them to it!

As another member suggested earlier in this thread, if it doesn't show, and they make the highly expected excuse for the 'no show', then the thread should be killed and the Op banned as well as any future posts from the Cult.

The GFL talk of love and peace, yet if they don't show up - this will be earth shattering for the poor souls who have bought the GFL story Hook, Line & Sinker. Not exactly my definition of spread love, peace and hope!

If that doesn't label them as Charlatans, nothing will.

Thanks again for your input. We look forward to hearing more of your insights!

Star Contribution!

IRM

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You know, the thing that really worries me is that the GFL can say "Did you see it? It was there! We told you!" And people will say, "Uh, sorry. No, we didn't see a damn thing."

"Oh it was there. You must not have been looking in the right part of the sky. It was a tiny little white dot."

"Yeah, down here in Alabama we call those things stars."

"No, it wasn't a star. It was a different white dot."

I don't know if that makes sense. Basically what I'm trying to say is that they can point at anything and say, "There's the spaceship right there!" Because, according to their interpretation, that's what it is. We can call it a barn. But to them, if they call it the spaceship, then that's what it is. The prediction is fulfilled...in their mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Hi DarthChrisious,

Point taken - I can see where your coming from, however, in this case the GFL have announced that the 'Starship" is something like "2,000 Earth Miles" in size and to paraphrase, "It will blot out the sky". Were not talking about dots here. They really have over committed themselves on this one.

You will find these and many more outrageous claims here in this locked thread (in case you missed it die a quick death on the board)

Disclaimer: I am only begrudgingly posting this link to illustrate my point and not to glorify!
OCTOBER 14th Confirmed. THE GALACTIC FAMILY OF LIGHT!

The only excuse I can see is if they say something like, "Oh.. it was only visible to those who have faith", but their language didn't really suggest that. They more or less leave no-one out on this one. Apparently everyone will see it... that is everyone in Nth America because the GFL Aliens don't think on a global scale.

Kind of strange don't you think, given this is meant to effect the whole world? It leads you to believe that this is all the imaginings of a bored middle class citizen that doesn't have the vision to see beyond their own state line let alone the country's (USA's) international borders.

So - they are going to hover over Alabama on Oct 14th 2008, not bother with world leaders or even other countries? Great Plan!

IRM

[edit on 9/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You're probably right with what you say, but,what good is a newspaper without the comics?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maines Lone Ranger

LOL Maines Lone Ranger!

I hear you! ... Alas.... If only it were true in this case. Thanks for the levity though

IRM

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Starred and flagged OP.

The truth will vindicate us.

Thank you for your thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
The GFL thread is a case in point....people have posted that you should just ignore these threads but in my opinion they are dragging down the good work of those trying to post serious evidence about UFOs on ATS.

I guess most accept that aliens exist in our universe somewhere. Accepting that, I guess they come in good and bad, and the term "GFL", is only human words to describe the benevolent ones.

I get the impression that most people would accept that benevolent races of extraterrestrials would exist, but once labelled with a name that resonates science fiction, automatically dismiss it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
well I apparently missed this first time around. Its all been said already in this thread...I strongly don't like the nonsense that is now allowed. I starred this but it wont let me flag it. Is 73 flags the max ( if there is one?)

Quality has gone down so much, and there are more members, whom I loved reading and wished I was as eloquent as them, that have disappeared than I can count

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

That's a completely valid point NC - I hear ya! But I don't think many here doubt that benevolent or malevolent ET's exist and are visiting.

Blossom Goodchild is specific in her channellings on who they are, what they're called and what their agenda is... remember she claims that they are instilling her with this information to share with humanity.

Now if some ET race lands here in a 40 mile wide starship on Oct 14th, I'll be the first to eat my words and let the GFL'ers say "I Told You So" and I will henceforth make a public apology on this forum.

However, having said that, If they do not show on the 14th Oct 2008, as stated by Blossom Goodchild, then I expect a public apology from her to the UFOlogical community... and I expect a sorry from the followers here that helped spread the deceit.

It reminds of that saying about who the bigger fool is.. The fool or the fool who follows them.

There's a third possibility... That an Alien species lands here on the 14th that isn't the GFL. What would the ramifications of that be?

Well for one, It would suggest that Blossom Goodchild can actually channel but it would also suggest that these so called benevolent ET's purposely lied about something as simple as what they call themselves. It makes you then wonder what they could be trusted with. Anyway, that's a long shot scenario and I'm getting ahead of myself!

IRM

[edit on 19/9/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkangel4time
well I apparently missed this first time around. Its all been said already in this thread...I strongly don't like the nonsense that is now allowed. I starred this but it wont let me flag it. Is 73 flags the max ( if there is one?)

Quality has gone down so much, and there are more members, whom I loved reading and wished I was as eloquent as them, that have disappeared than I can count

LOL you probably flagged it the last time but forgot! I don't think 73 flags is the max but it sure tells you how strongly ATS members feel against this GFL type nonsense that is taking over the board.

The amazing thing is that this thread shows a unity often unseen in ATS threads. Everyone is pretty much on the same page here - except for Skipper's in-ya-face tactics - who couldn't help but post a GFL video on one of the early pages in the hope of undermining the thread that dispels his beloved star travelers of truth, love & light.

ATS has lost some eloquent members and like you, I attribute it to threads like the GFL's. It would appear that some people are really intent on sullying the UFOlogical movement. It's a shame because we've all struggled to get the phenomena accepted by the general public for decades. Some devote their lives to it only to see it get torn down by clowns, charlatans & nut jobs in one fowl swoop.

Thanks for your valued input!

IRM

[edit on 19/9/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This thread is disgusting.

Just because you don't like another post you would have it closed?

I see the concept of 'free speech' is alive and well.

Is the GFL thread hurting anybody? Are they forcing you do read it? Holding a gun to your head? Give me a break. You don't like it? Ignore it and move on.

I'd rather hang with a group of harmless loons than a group of bigoted egomaniacs who would impose their will on those who don't see things the same way. Way to represent humanity. Just force the people you don't like to go away.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Good Post and I completely understand where your coming from having been into this area for many years .

I also agree one has the ability to freely choose what thy read on ATS Forums .

I read the name of ones Board Topic and if I am interested like I am with this one I will take time to read it .

Its very simple Aliens and UFO covers alot of area's and Sub Area's these days its not that black and white anymore .

One person could be interested in the Contactee experience right now I am reading a wonderful book published in 1959 by George Hunt Williamson
who had contactee experience with positive Et or Aliens whichever word you like better.

Some people will be interested in messages claiming things like the Galactic Federation of Light,or some will be interested only in UFO Videos posted .

Again its the freedom of the member and that person to use their time wisely on here .

My feeling is this lets not start censoring people because you might find their topic nonsense or not based on some science or your view of the subject matter.

We all learn from each other .

If I read a post that has been created and I do not find it helpful I will move on to another area .

Aliens and UFOs needs to be a place for all those interested in the vast subject .

If I disagree with ones message I can agree to disagree .

If some get angry at posters that post messages about Et Contact from the GLF etc move on you don't have to read their posts .

Not everyone will look at the subject of Aliens and UFOs in a Scientific manner and thats ok.

Their is not just one way of looking at this subject because their are to many sub area's to narrow it like this.

Simply my solution is create what you are interested in sharing with people to discuss on this vast subject and they will come and read it and discuss it .

Its that simple .

The ones that should be deleted are the people making fun and at times nasty remarks about those who are serious about the subject but are sharing less scientific information.

Some people on ATS don't even care about this subject and I truly believe they just want attention and fool around and that has happened not only in Aliens and UFOs but other boards aswell.

Those folks should be taken off ATS not the ones interested in these subjects .

Like I said before I agree with most what your trying to say thats why I rsponded with a serious response to your concerns.

Have a great weekend good post.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Cmdraleon]

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Cmdraleon]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel

I'm not saying that the GFL thread should be closed, but seriously you need to learn the meaning of free speech. This is NOT a free speech issue nor are you on a free speech forum. This is a private venture. You have ZERO rights to free speech on an internet forum.

You don't pay for this forum, you don't run it, therefore you cannot say anything you want.

If you don't believe me, start calling the owner names and see how long you last here.

Free speech does not exist on the internet unless you own the website.

Furthermore, cry me a river because we disagree with a bunch of liars. The point of this forum is to seek the truth, not lies from someone who fabricated a whole story and date out of thin air.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Maybe I am missing something here......... but,

I really don't see any difference in the "GFL" thread/s vs. any other thread claiming or posting blurry distant pictures or videos of supposed ufo's.
It's all the same really. One person's claim.

And the responses are all the same. Those who cry "Hoax, CGI, Fake" instantly, and those who believe right away. Almost every thread here is the same.

If i were to subscribe to the OP's opinion and add the fact that there is no undeniable proof of aliens in either form, why even have this forum at all until such proof becomes available. What's the point??

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

you hit it right on the head.. i have voiced my same concern several times.. but it doesnt seem to matter.. the threads are just getting worse.. if you can imagine it.. it is accepted as a thread.. most of the threads are complete nonsense.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

TIP: I think you need to stop taking things out of context, deriving your own meaning and then carrying on with a hissy fit about it.

Yes many here want the GFL thread closed AFTER OCT 14th 2008 when the 'mothership' doesn't show up. It's called a HOAX and they are a violation of ATS Terms & Conditions... Plain & Simple. Learn Your Rules!

Is the GFL thread hurting anybody? Are they forcing you do read it? Holding a gun to your head? Give me a break. You don't like it? Ignore it and move on.

Yes they hurt everyone involved in serious UFO/Alien Research. If you cant see that, then you head is firmly stuck in the sands of denial. Honestly, take a reality break!

I'd rather hang with a group of harmless loons than a group of bigoted egomaniacs who would impose their will on those who don't see things the same way.

Bigoted? That's plain silly and dare I say an immature over-reaction. Egomaniac? Let me see... Blossom Goodchild creates a cult so people worship/follow her and hang on her every breath? If that's not an Egomaniac, nothing is!

I suggest then that you hang around with your loony friends and don't bother us again if that's how you like it. No one is asking YOU to hang around with us anyway. How presumptuous and egotistical!!!

Way to represent humanity. Just force the people you don't like to go away.

So lying and providing false hopes to unfortunate people, including outright hoaxing are the best way to represent humanity? Yes we would like people who do those things to go away.

Do us a favor - Take your own advice and don't bother coming to threads you don't like. In case you didn't notice, this thread is for people who don't like threads like GFL so clearly your place isn't here. All you did was come in here, have a whinge and call people names.

IRM

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Maybe I am missing something here......... but,

I really don't see any difference in the "GFL" thread/s vs. any other thread claiming or posting blurry distant pictures or videos of supposed ufo's.
It's all the same really. One person's claim.

And the responses are all the same. Those who cry "Hoax, CGI, Fake" instantly, and those who believe right away. Almost every thread here is the same.

I completely agree with most of what you are saying - but you are missing the point. Our right to say we don't enjoy people who bring the name of UFOlogy into disrepute and make a laughing stock out of us to the average person. That kind of makes it hard to advance the field of research and get it universally accepted as being a serious, hard headed investigation into the phenomena doesn't it!

Originally posted by PowerSlave
If i were to subscribe to the OP's opinion and add the fact that there is no undeniable proof of aliens in either form, why even have this forum at all until such proof becomes available. What's the point??

Look, come Oct 14th, the GFL have no excuses because that is to be their day of 'proof' according to their leader Blossom Goodchild. If no proof is supplied and it's exchanged for a larger sack of excuses and lies, then they deserve every bit of negative publicity they get at this forum.

73 Flags and 93 Stars (to this point) certainly says something about how members feel here about the GFL and hoaxers in general. The figures don't lie.

IRM

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There is a big difference between the thread being a hoax, and the content being a hoax being perpetrated online. The thread is reporting the online prediction, which is news. The OP happens to hope its true and shares all the news from this group. Many have predicted martial law will be declared before the next US election. Should all these threads started by those worried, or coming across various disclosures online in articles and videos, be called frauds and banned? If they don't show up, Blossom has either discredited herself, or she is working on behalf of a black op disinfo group that is attempting to discredit ufology with the public either consciously or unconsciously. Its that simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join