It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgery and a present for moi...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Finally had my "alien implant"(*) taken out on Tuesday.

Took the doctor more than 45 minutes of cutting and digging (yuck) to remove it from my knee. Turned out to be a chunk of granite the size of a chick pea.
Since the wound had healed over completely, there was a lot of scar tissue. Here's a view down inside the specimen cup comparing the size to a US dime.

Anyway, long story short we went by Circuit City to get myself a present for being a brave patient. Imagine my surprise when I found a Samsung 206BW on sale for half-price. I deserved it, believe me. The anesthetic injection had worn off by the 40 min. mark.

EDIT: (*)Completely joking about this. Bike accident. Believe I mentioned the 'accident' on April 9th. If not see below.)

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Any more background to this? Did you post about it before? Have you got the links?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Sorry I wasn't clear. It was a bike accident, involving me taking a flying header into the pavement.

A chunk of road gravel slammed into my upper knee, blasting a nickel sized hole and (apparently) driving the stone about 1.5" down towards the knee cap.

It had completely healed over but felt to me and the doc there was something in there, like grit or a piece of cartlage. No idea it was chunk of igneous rock.

Edited first post to clarify.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
OUCH!!!

Glad it worked out for ya!! You most definitely deserved a present !!! =)

new topics

top topics

join