It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep getting mass spamming in yahoo account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Recently i have been getting spam messages sent to my yahoo account these spams have the same sort of content like for example a "Son of President of Congo Needs Financial" or "Your Bussiness Proposal Sent"
O.k i can just delete then and i do but thats tiring, i wish the # who keeps sending these out would stop.

Oh yeah how could i block these addresses cos they are all different addresses!
I know this sounds like a rant but i am dam annoyed about it

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yahoo allows you to filter your mail. It can be tedious, but normally you can add people to your safe list and the rest to junk mail in no time. Just remember to look at your junk mail from time to time and make sure no one you know got junked.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
O.K cheers Net so there isnt an easier way?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
O.K cheers Net so there isnt an easier way?

It's easy all ready. Once you set your filters you don't have to mess with it anymore.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You have to move them to your BULK folder. If you delete the mesages, or mark them as SPAM, then the senders know that yours is a valid email account, and will then continue to flood your server.

That's why I have 3 different accounts (two on yahoo). The non-yahoo is family related... anything coming in has better be family (or business) related. 1 on yahoo is strictly for surfing... that way, any spam generated by spyware goes there. The thirs is for personal things, like religious sites, or other things of interest... that way, this addy gets only what I want.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have to agree. I have had an account for about a year and in the past week everything seems to have gone haywire. I normally get 1 spam a day and lately it has jumped to 25-30. Beats me!

Time to abandon it and start a new one.

new topics

top topics

join