It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ the Vampire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hi,

I read this strange little book many years ago called "Christ the Vampire". It was funny and very badly written. One thing though that I thought was very interesting was the idea that Chritst was a vampire.

What is the message of Christ in the bible?

1. eat my flesh and drink my blood & you will have everlasting life:
John 6:54

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

2. Drink my blood:
Mathew 26:27-28

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

3. Eat my flesh and drink my blood:
John 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

There's another verse I can't remember the location but the gist of it is: "as I am so shall you become".... so if he was like a vampire it makes some (twisted) sense. Drink blood, eat flesh, have eternal life and become like me.....

It sounds very vampirish to me. I went to a christian school as a kid and was forced to memorize a lot of bible verses. I was always confused by the cannabalism and drinking blood verses. Even from a metaphorical and allegorical perspective they didn't, and still don't, make sense to me.

Thoughts? Rants? Flames?

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

If the Bible has Christ saying these things, then he is not the vampire, but the people who follow those instructions would be the vampires. If it was literally true.

new topics

join