It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Isolation and Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
How well do you know your neighbors? How well do you know your co-workers? How friendly are you with these people? Is the greatest conspiracy keeping people isolated.

The elite control the largest, most powerful corporations. You work for someone, and your company is influenced by the market, which is influenced by those who get rich. Socially, if you are isolated, you are effectively controlled by the large corporations, because that is who you are by default connected to. Via the police, the government functions in a similar way with the politicians on top. Family and friends are the alternatives, and when those are suppressed the others gain power.

Why is surburbia laid out with little community? Why does the TV news teach people to distrust 'strangers' (I.E. fellow citizens).

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I really think you choose what you want to believe and you can fall for anything or distrust it all. The only person to blame is you. You went through government schooling without looking outside the box. You listened to others and not yourself. You became a follower because you were to afraid to face yourself. You Isolated yourself instead of reaching out and becoming social. People can blame whoever they want but when life ends and you look back
" Why did I do That!" will be what you're saying to yourself for the first time. What's next I will only know when I'm gone.

join