It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 GA. Explosive shotshells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The 12Ga. shotgun is the all around best gun for survival
no it isn't what some survivalists want as some want to become
terrorists. But the 12Ga. is the all purpose weapon.
With it you can hunt big game and small game.
and with these new shells it even has a new mission.

Meet the explosive 12ga shot gun shell !

shock.military.com...;jsessionid=26F40AC4E0566E724DD335F4655D5BAB?displayContent=171911&ESRC=dod-b.nl

[edit on 5-8-2008 by solo1]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Um, is there anything here? The OP is not visible. Is there some sort of problem with ATS's site and/or server?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i'm having the same problem....but only with solo1.......hmm.

Im not sure whats going on..

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
spooky, maybe the missing post is a warning to all Georgians to grab their shotguns cause somethings gonna happen and someone deleted it. MIB maybe.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Looks like another "Global Ignore" victim.

wonder why??

Plus if you hit the reply button you can read what the OP says.

>EASY BUTTON<

posted on 8/5/2008 at 11:29 PM
The 12Ga. shotgun is the all around best gun for survival
no it isn't what some survivalists want as some want to become
terrorists. But the 12Ga. is the all purpose weapon.
With it you can hunt big game and small game.
and with these new shells it even has a new mission.

Meet the explosive 12ga shot gun shell !

shock.military.com...;jsessionid=26F40AC4E0566E724DD335F4655D5BAB?displayContent=171911&ESRC=dod-b.nl

[edit on 8/6/2008 by JesterMan]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have not dug too deep in the law but it is my belief that any round that explodes falls under the ATF dangerous/destructive devices laws.

The only round to my knowledge that is similar and legal is the incendiary rifle bullet. These rounds are not legal to possess in many states as they are a fire hazard. Used by special forces and the movie industry , at times, they are really only safe to shoot in gravel pits where the sparks are contained.

I don't believe exotic rounds are legal in my state, nor would I want any, so possibly someone with some experience would be better to comment than myself.

Don't see any purpose for survival so this should probably get moved to weaponry.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I haven't seen much on these types of shells since my survivalist daze of serious gun collecting stuff from the 70's. Some of the modifications to shotgun shells can be interesting to say the least.

I may know someone that has some rounds that were charged with some "powder" that would be highly illegal now, but could blow a special 12 gauge slug through a concrete wall from 30 feet or so. You needed a straight choke, not even a modified choke would work as it would damage the barrel. It kicked like a mule, but, BUT, was high effective. About an 1" to 1 1/2" hole on the shooters side, and a much larger area of blown out concrete on the other. Wouldn't take out rebar, just concrete.

Exploding shotguns shells, could a guy put a proximity fuse on it for those high flying ducks and geese. Sort of like AA for waterfowl.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
to the point about hunting birds look up "punt guns" before there were bag limits people would take hundreds of birds with these morters

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am getting the same problem from Solo1 also.
I can't read any of his posts at all.

As for shotgun shells, I saw an interesting spring loaded trap mechanism.
The mechanism was quite simple. There was a spring loaded pin that would strike the cap of the shell. There was a bobby pin holding the spring back. When the pin was removed ala trip wire, the spring would go forward setting off the shell!

Also, in an ebook on improvised weapons, I read about a pipe gun. To me, this would be the simplest self defense tool around. Get a pipe about the diameter of a barrel, Then duct tape a Shotgun shell, and a BB pellet over the cap at the bottom of the pipe. Then all you have to do is strike the BB, and the shell will go off. I would probably add something on the bottom of the pipe so the shell doesn't go out the back of it, but it should work as is. Simple / Deadly device. When you think of how small you can get a pipe, you can carry this around almost everywhere.

This would be an interesting conversion for SitX, because there shotgun shells are prevalent.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Solo1 must be in ghost mode

Be careful firing any military ammo of any type. Most of the unusual type such as tracers are corosive to the barrel. They use magnesium and when it burns it releases an acid that eats the metal. Plus the crome lining of the barrel is not designed to take the 3500 degree temperature.

new topics

top topics

join