It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morris: Obama Taxes Equal 'Mammoth Depression'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Think Obama is just going to tax the rich? Think again. His gift-wrapped taxation plans have more behind the curtain that mean taxes for everyone. A "trickle-down" tax model that will affect everyone.

See Dick Morris's short video explaining why this tax plan is an economic wrecking ball in more ways than one.

Source

[edit on 5-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
He gave some pretty good points on what McCain should be doing. Just will Have to wait and see what McCain does. He says Obama taxes will create mammoth depression but I didn't hear much detail how.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I hear ya.

The tax detail is a bit more broken down in this article below:

Source

The key factors are nearly doubling the Capital Gains tax and increasing the Annual Minimum Tax which is affecting Middle Class Americans.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I do have a problem with his health care plan. I don't believe I should be taxed more to have universal coverage for 16% of the population. I also don't think my taxes should go to alternative energy sources that are not as successful as they want us to believe. We are making people rich and getting turds in return. This applies to both candidates.

Common Sense in Alternatives

We need legislators and enviro lobbyists who will admit they were wrong backing food-to-fuel biofuel and switch to smarter alternatives like algol. Problem is, they won't do so until AFTER the election. Voters need to take them to task for putting their egos before their constituents - DUMP THEM!!!Similarly, The Everything Act is the smartest approach to energy independence, but Congressional leadership prevents it from coming to a vote - because it would pass. It promotes drilling where the oil is, raising CAFE standards, alternative fuels, nuclear, hybrids, wind, wave, solar, and everything else that can help. We can't affort to wait. Our economy is collapsing, our deficit is growing, our imports are increasing, and our jobs are leaving.

source

Good find jetxnet

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks and good points.

Obama has major contributions to his campaign by Perseus LLC. who partnered with foreign Billionaire George Soros. Soros always like to use US politics to the advantage of his company and subsidiaries. In this case, these subsidiaries are Green Energy companies (Wind/Solar power and Bio-Fuels).

They want an Oil problem so the need for their supposed research in new energy intensifies, granting them a promised 800 Billion by the Obama campaign if elected.

This is why you'll never see Obama vote for the off-shore drilling ban. He'll say he "may consider" it, but that's all. Just words.

top topics

join