It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obama bloggers say they were silenced by Google's Blogger Hosting Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Web loggers who are campaigning against Senator Obama's presidential run are accusing Google and Obama supporters of silencing them after their Web logs were marked as spam and their accounts temporarily frozen.

On Thursday, hours after publishing a post about an online petition demanding that Mr. Obama publicly produce his birth certificate, an associate professor of business administration at Brooklyn College, Mitchell Langbert, found that he could no longer access his Web log.

Google's Blogger hosting service had suspended "Mitchell Langbert's Blog," which Mr. Langbert describes as "two-thirds academic stuff I'm working on and one-third politics," until it could verify the Web log was not a "spam blog," or a site designed solely to increase the page views of associated Web sites.

Google is a far-left company supporting Obama. What they did is wrong and unconstitutional.

If you demand Obama produce a legitimate Certificate of Birth on a Google Blogsite, expect your account to be "frozen" for an undetermined amount of time.

Good thing all Blogs aren't Google blogs. If Google had their way, they would be. Keep Obama out of office and this will not happen.

Source

[edit on 5-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

You ever see this?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This isn't the first time they have done this kind of thing. If you try to get to "Conservative" sites, many will stop you and tell you the page is malicious.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

This is what happens when people start talking about things they know nothing about. I will guarantee that every single person who thinks Google is in Obama's pocket and intentionally pulling Google blogs because they are anti-Obama knows nothing about how the search engine works, or the faintest idea of any of the processes involved.

See, Google is a search engine. It takes your search query and runs it through a complex algorithm, examining web pages in its database and taking into account over 200 factors. This algoritm is a trade secret, which is why nobody knows. If the algorithm were to be cracked. search engine marketers like myself would be able to optimize our web pages to be number one for essentially any keyword or phrase we please.

Spam is a problem not just in email, but all throughout the web. As a search engine marketer, i spend at least two hours per day looking for websites that would possibly link to mine. These websites are only worth it if they are relevant to my website.

Many companies purchase links on other websites, many people post spam comments on blogs with links to websites, and many websites post duplicate material. This is of particular concern for blogs, since they tend to post very similar information in a condensed period of time. This happens to raise a red flag for spam on the internet, and Google regularly bans websites while they investigate for these issues.

There is a VERY useful tool for reporting spam on google, one i have used countless times to report companies that want to pay me to put a link on my website that points to theirs. It's not relevant, it's spam, and it's bad industry practice.

So don't get mad at Google for doing its job. And do an iota of research on the actual field before you start throwing more mud at Obama please!

disclaimer: i am not a supporter of obama. i respect his values but simply don't agree that we need bigger government. i just don't like when people spin things and that just what this is: spin.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
No issues with my blog, I had several top stops early on too but everything mysteriously dissapeared off googles search service.

Not sure why, but I dont think google is censoring me. Most of what google does is automated.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Not surprising is it?

1. This is a company that works with at least one communist government (China) to limit what that country's people can and cannot see on internet search results.

2. This is a company that pushed the DOJ, telling them Microsoft had a monopoly with Windows by not revealing source code and yet they want an exclusive search deal with Yahoo! - because that wouldn't be a monopoly at all.

I'm sure there's a good deal of money being thrown around in there somewhere for this anti-Obama limiting behavior.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow.

It's already been posted (in this forum) Here

...but ok....

It was shut down because of spam.

It was put back up shortly there after.

Empty complaints by the bloggers.

They're just crying because their candidate is losing, and will lose lose lose, all the way home.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Not surprising is it?

It's not surprising that conservatives, who have always made fun of liberals for crying conspiracy, are themselves crying conspiracy here.

1. This is a company that works with at least one communist government (China) to limit what that country's people can and cannot see on internet search results.

What's your point? Google isn't the United States Government, it is a private company that provides a service. It's not Google's fault that China has a communist government that doesn't care about freedom of speech, and wants their citizens censored. It doesn't stop any other industry from dealing with China, so why should it stop Google? Are they somehow different from other private companies?

2. This is a company that pushed the DOJ, telling them Microsoft had a monopoly with Windows by not revealing source code and yet they want an exclusive search deal with Yahoo! - because that wouldn't be a monopoly at all.

Apologies if i'm ill-informed here, but didn't the DOJ file the lawsuit against Microsoft in 1997, six months BEFORE Google even become a company? Maybe there was another. I mean, i know Google still wants to extend those Microsoft anti-trust regulations so that consumers actually get to choose which desktop service products they want. But, even if this benefits Google, it also benefits all of the other companies that offer these services.

Of course Google wants an exclusive deal with Yahoo regarding their paid search (not organic search). Wouldn't you? The fact of the matter is, however, there are a plethora of paid search advertising companies out there, many of which are far worse than Google AdWords, including Yahoo's Panama. Even so, there are a good number of smaller companies that have great benefits to their interfaces. Google isn't forcing them out of business, not in the least.

They may have 80% of the search traffic, but this isn't a result of underhanded tactics the likes of which Microsoft was punished for. It's a result of people like me and you simply preferring Google. If you want to change the big players in search, just use Yahoo, MSN, Cuil, RedZee, i mean come on. There are thousands of them out there. Nobody is twisting YOUR arm.

I'm sure there's a good deal of money being thrown around in there somewhere for this anti-Obama limiting behavior.

I would love to see any evidence you have about this because i'm sure there is absolutely none. Are you alleging that Obama's campaign has paid Google for "limiting" anti-obama behavior? See this would be completely untrue based on the sheer fact that Google has gained a reputation for pretty much doing everything right, hitting it out of the park every time. Yet, it doesn't take me more than 10 seconds to find an anti-obama website on google. So they must not be doing a very good job!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Wow.

It's already been posted (in this forum) Here

...but ok....

It was shut down because of spam.

It was put back up shortly there after.

Empty complaints by the bloggers.

They're just crying because their candidate is losing, and will lose lose lose, all the way home.
It's a basic right. I personally havent ran into the problem but people have been censored none the less. Its not bloggers complaining because they are loosing. In fact things are far from a loss, but lets not change the subject as this thread is about bloggers being censored, not who is winning.

Honestly it scares me someone wouldnt have issue with this. Sure I support McCain, but at least I want peoples basic freedoms preserved, regardless of whom they support.

top topics

join