It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some heavy weights to analize this pic please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This a is a pic that was taken at a friend of mines wedding just over a year ago(07/07/07 was the actual date). The picture was taken in North Berwick at the Durleton(sp) Castle in Scotland by the photographer(Rance Elgin).
My friend was going through his images today and just stumbled across it. The original is a CR2 file but I converted it to a jpg for ease of posting. I also cropped the smaller ones. I will put a link to the large file for people to check out.

It could be a bird with some motion blur, or not, you be the judge. So before anyone goes spouting off about it, I am posting this to ask people to help out and see what it is. Please download the large image if you are going to really investigate it because you can get all the way up on it.

Thanks for any feedback.

Pointing out the are

Zoomed in

Inverted color

and here is a link to the large pic for download, it is 18x22 at 240dpi. If someone has a better way to upload it please feel free to do it.
Here is the link for the big image:

www.megaupload.com...

Thanks

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Mike Shackled]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Shackled

It could be a bird with some motion blur, or not, you be the judge.

That is 100% what I would say it is

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Mike Shackled

It could be a bird with some motion blur, or not, you be the judge.

That is 100% what I would say it is

That gets my vote, too. Oh, and the object in question "wasn't seen when the photo was taken, but was discovered later." Typical.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah it might be but when I ran some test filters on it and sharpened it up it looks even less like a bird. When you zoom right into the original large image you can see some weird kind of air around the actual thing, almost like some form of heat.

Anyways, still interesting and will get some people talking. I can post those images tomorrow because I am about to hit the road home.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Mike Shackled]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I thought bird from the first picture too before it was even blown up to a larger size and read GreenEyedLeo's response...it's in the tree line, just a speck, has the shape of a bird etc is why I thought that.

The edges where the wings would be are even blurred in the "negative" picture as well, I vote bird.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Shackled
When you zoom right into the original large image you can see some weird kind of air around the actual thing, almost like some form of heat.

Common effect with an object that is substantially different in tone, shade, and/or color, relative to a background with little tonal variation. The image algorithms fool around with the pixels in the immediate area of the object.

We know there are lots and lots of birds flying around.....without inventing any other explanation....the huge odds "for" is a...bird.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
thanks for all the input guys. I went back and did some zooming and stuff and the assumption that it is a bird is 100% correct.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Could be a blurry sterling silver bird, could be a load of aliens trying to get some tips on how to landscape a nice garden... who knows??

Oh, and the object in question "wasn't seen when the photo was taken, but was discovered later." Typical.

If you would be able to see that when you were taking the pic or even just looking at the developed pic..fair play 'coz i would've easily missed it.
Better get my eyes tested...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I see that exact same UFO all the time. Those damn aliens keep pooping on my car too. Tell them to stop please.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Im on the skinny side, but...........

Ill chime in anyway lol

ITS

A

BIRD

Thank you come again!

new topics

top topics

join