It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Photo

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's another odd one I found.

This is from

AS-11-40-5906

Ive drawn arrows to show the normal orientation of the shadow due to the light from behind. Now I am assuming that the long shadow on the left is from the lander maybe.

Now here is a zoomed in portion of what I noticed on the upper right hand side of the original.

To me the shadow of the rock I circled is on not only on the wrong side, but looks a little boxy to me. Also notice the blue orbs I have circled as well. Probably something to do with dirt on the film and along those lines but interesting none the less.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
reply to post by RuneSpider

and any one of those moon missions would have been a lousy time to say...point the camera straight up and snap the stars alone i bet. thank god they didnt waste any film on that, now we hall all these rocks to look at.

You make it sound so easy. If only astrophotography was actually that easy... First off the hassleblad cameras they had could not be set to an exposure long enough to capture significant amounts of stars, secondly they had no way of tracking the motion of the stars accurately during the exposure.

Apollo 16 did bring a UV telescope though that they used to photograph the earth and some stars in UV:
images.jsc.nasa.gov...

So I guess that fulfills your wish.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
1. I've circled 2 spots at the top of the visor that look like reflections from what look like warehouse lights to me.

One is a reflection of earth, not kidding. The other is probably a flare of a reflection off the bright part of the LEM's leg but I'd have to look into it more. It intrudes into the reflection of the spacesuit where it meets the visor so it couldn't be anything in the sky, "warehouse light" or otherwise.

2. I've drawn arrows indicating the direction of the shadows cast which all seem pretty normal but in the area i've circled with the post to the left of the photo the casted shadow seems to be going in the opposite direction as if there was more than one light source causing this effect.

Im sure there is probably a rational explanation for this but I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on it.

The shadows' directions are distorted by the spherical shape of the visor and by perspective effects, along with everything else in the reflection.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join