It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the Sky...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
....Does not = spaceship nor aliens.
Why do so many put them together like that?

A theory:
What if the recent changes in the geomagnetic field of earth, and the increase in sunspots, have created a phenomena unlike we have seen before?
What if these lights that seem to appear from nowhere, change colors, move about like dancing in the sky, are a new form of the Aurora Borealis...but in a ball form, such as lightning makes on a rare occasion?
A scientist, Iam not. But in my mind, all things are possible.
I looked up a thread here on birds and how they navigate, after witnesses about two hundred seagulls flying erratically over my house swooping and diving in circles and at each other, yet moving from east to west in a wave. This lasted about ten minutes. Research here indicates this is caused by a disturbance in the magnetic field. It happened three days ago, right when a lot of UFO sightings poured in.
I'm not speaking of those who claim to see ships, just lights...some like stars, but different.
Any thoughts on this? Anyone with a bit of scientific knowledge, that could shed some light on this?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Dr. Blagden informs us, that instances are recorded, in which the northern lights have been seen to join, and form luminous balls, darting about with great velocity, and even leaving a train behind them like the common fire-balls. This ingenious author, however, conjecturing that distinct regions are allotted to the electrical phenomena of our atmosphere, assigns the appearance of fire-balls to that region which lies beyond the limits of our crepuscular atmosphere; and a greater elevation above the earth, to that accumulation of electricity in a lighter and less condensed form, which produces the wonderfully diversified streams and coruscations of the Aurora Borealis.

chestofbooks.com...

From the book,
A Library Of Wonders And Curiosities Found In Nature And Art, Science And Literature", by I. Platt. Also available from Amazon: A library of wonders and curiosities.

chestofbooks.com...

Apparently, the Aurora has been seen to develop into balls of colored light.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Correct.

Lights in the sky could be so many different things. To simply jump and yell, "ufo" or "spaceship" is just silly.

We want so badly to be the one who sees something that turns out to be a real UFO or Alien craft that we talk about every single thing that is out there. Unfortuneatly there's just no real proof right now. Maybe someday we'll get proof of real UFO's and Aliens but for now, just keep looking and for goodness sakes, please be kind to one another.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't know of many Ufologists who have ever considered a UFO to be of Alien origin instantly on seeing them, Alien or ET is only one possibility of hundreds, it seems only on forums like this are UFO's instantly linked to Aliens or ET, and that comparison has been discussed many times on ATS.

Planes, Helicopters, Blimps, Balloons, Satellites, Stars, Flying junk, Weather phenomenon, Ball Lightening, Plasma Balls, the list just goes on and on.

UFO or unidentified flying object, as far as i know was never ever used in an official capacity to say the object being observed was not terrestrial in origin either, i think its something that grew up in movies and caught on with people not really interested in the subject.

So hypothetical question, an Alien or ET craft lands in a public park, it is not saucer shaped, what do you call it? you can't identify it other than an Alien or ET craft, is it then a UFO or ULO ?

top topics

join