It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Doc: Cancer is an easily treatable fungus.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Couldn't find a reference to this video in this forum. Apologies if it has been posted before.

This is awsome news if it pans out.

Google Video Link

After I'd seen the video I remembered seeing photos of metastasizing tumors and how they spread and are connected to one another by filaments. They put one in mind of fungi.

The doctor says that using bicarbonate of soda to make the chemistry of the tumor more alkaline makes them disappear. I had heard of this approach in alternative healing therapies that focus on diet. Maybe now we know why this approach has been observed by those therapists at least to bring relief to cancer sufferers.

Unfortunately the doctor in the video refers to the medical mainstream as stupid, more than once. That's not a good way of winning friends and influencing people.

Maybe he has found the long sought answer to the riddle of cancer. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

[edit on 5-8-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Two things:

Please post videos in the video forum. Most folks read at work, and really can't stop and watch a video without getting into lots of trouble. So... they have no idea who the guy is or what he's about.

For those of you at work, this is a "Dr." Simonicini:
www.cancerfungus.com...

Additional information: sodium bicarbonate is a base, meaning that it raises the pH level of the blood. It also functions as a buffer, trying to neutralize any acid in the blood. When that is done, the rest of it...

...acts just like salt (which, we all remember, raises blood pressure.)

www.usyd.edu.au...

However, it isn't stored in the body, so it gets passed into the urine pretty quickly.

The "it's a fungus" is bogus. Cancer treatments are hard on the immune system, and people with chemo have to be careful not to get thrush or other fungal infections. When they get them, they are treated.

The treatment gets rid of the fungus, but not the cancer. Here's a clinical brief on a guy who was being treated for cancer and came down with a pretty nasty lung fungus:
brighamrad.harvard.edu...

Now... if cancer really was a fungus, the treatment would reduce or eliminate cancer and we'd all have known about it years ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Did you watch the video? Something makes me think that you might be at work.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I beleive posts like these are important to us all!

We all know someone or of someone who has died through cancer so spreading alternative types of cures is brilliant. (even if the idea is debunked)

This is a cracker - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

Thanks for your sympathetic response. I think that byrd, though well informed is a little hasty in his dismissal of the cancer as fungus idea. I can't argue this problem on scientific grounds because I am not a doctor or a scientist, but in the video, Dr. Simonicini is referred to as an oncologist (cancer doctor) and reference is made to thrush in the discussion.

byrd refers to the danger of fungal infections as a by product of chemotherapy. Simonecini says that chemo causes cancer. Are they beating around the same bush?

Bottom line. I'd be interested to hear what byrd says after he has seen the video. His first post could have been written by anyone in the AMA as far as I am concerned. A little too hasty and dismissive and possibly ill informed in the sense that it would be better to at least view the video before commenting.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is really silly. "It's fungus because it's white!"
Cancerous cells have been proven to be human cells. Sorry! Good video, though, as an example of pseudoscience.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

We published an article on this subject a couple of years ago. Several readers with terminal cancer decided to try the bicarb soda treatment - all with spectacular results!

One guy with terminal lung cancer told me that he took one teaspoonful of bicarb soda in a glass of water, three times per day, and after six weeks of coughing up all sorts of multicoloured lumps, he was pronounced free of lung cancer.

Many many people have cured themselves of cancer via this approach.

peace

Duncan

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Sure they have.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
This is really silly. "It's fungus because it's white!"
Cancerous cells have been proven to be human cells. Sorry! Good video, though, as an example of pseudoscience.

I watched the video. I think it's interesting to consider. If we can think of it in a way where cancer is fungal-like in that, it's something that lives in or on decaying plant or animal matter; it makes sense that cancer cells could be a decaying/mutating human cell formation.

In any event it's certainly interesting to consider these types of alternative cancer treatments. Take the example in the video with a six day therapy for breast cancer using the mentioned method. Why not try it when there's absolutely no risk?

The problem with mainstream medicine is the demonization of anything non pharmaceutical, chemo or radiation related when it comes to cancer. The problem with that is that they tend to be one way options, meaning not being easily able to change course.

Unfortunately a lot of people will only consider alternatives when traditional methods fail and their bodies are barely hanging on.

For instance, I've spent a lot of time researching...

alternative cancer treatment

And I can say without question; that I'd try it before any extreme poison therapy.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Whatever cancer is, fungus or something else, it has been shown that it cannot survive in a alkaline enviroment. I seriously doubt ingesting baking soda by itslef will cause your body to achieve an alkaline PH all on its own. Maybe injections into the blood would work better. I do know that if I had cancer I would be taking the baking soda, vitamin c, avoiding all sugars sugars, etc.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Any medical research institute could settle this issue in jig time if the results are as spectacular as Simonicini says. Even if it only works on one kind of cancer, it's a success. He says he's tried it in his practice and it works. But . . .

There's no free lunch. If it works he should be trotting out the case histories to prove it and getting other practitioners to vet his work.

From what he was saying, the issue with this treatment is devising new delivery systems for the bicarbonate of soda, since he applies it directly to the tumors, which are not always easily reachable.

It's hard to believe that we could be at the end of the era of cancer. We likely are not, but it must have been just as hard to believe when smallpox, and polio receded from the grip they had on humanity.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew
it makes sense that cancer cells could be a decaying/mutating human cell formation.

Well cancer is human cells that don't die or stop dividing like they're supposed to. Imagine a cell that goes rogue. This can be induced by genetic mutations, which is why radiation can cause it. So...yeah, mutated human cell.

And injecting basic solutions into your blood will make you die. Maybe if you can do some localized drug delivery it might work, though I don't even know that high pHs do anything more to cancer cells than they do to regular cells.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

And injecting basic solutions into your blood will make you die. Maybe if you can do some localized drug delivery it might work, though I don't even know that high pHs do anything more to cancer cells than they do to regular cells.

The thing is, the treatment described won't make you die. It's harmless compared to known therapies. That goes for a lot of the other alternative treatments.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

I said basic solutions (ex. baking soda), not amygdalin.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Additional information: sodium bicarbonate is a base, meaning that it raises the pH level of the blood. It also functions as a buffer, trying to neutralize any acid in the blood. When that is done, the rest of it...

...acts just like salt (which, we all remember, raises blood pressure.)

Actually, not exactly. Table salt raises blood pressure for sure, as it is extremely adulterated. However other forms of salt, for instance pharmaceutical grade salt tabs do not. the body actually needs salt for a variety of reasons, unfortunately what you have on your table could kill you.

I used them at what would be considered high dosages (worked my way up to 9 grams/day along with equally high doses of Vitamin C) for a year to battle long term lyme disease that was not being eradicated via antibiotics. My blood pressure was not affected at all.

For the record, if anyone with Lyme is reading this, it has to be done properly and would be dangerous if you don't follow the protocol properly. Do not mess with this unless you know what you are doing!!!! If you want more information about this protocol feel free to U2U me and I will direct you to the site that I found the information on. It worked for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This thread is of interest to me because on Monday my wife and I found out that she has breast cancer. Something will have to be done within a couple of weeks. She's not sure yet if she will just have the cancer taken out or have a masectomy.

I will look into alternative therapies but time is short and I don't think anything is easily accesible here. 3 hours to St Louis or 3 hours to Memphis.

And I don't want her to try something different that may not even work.

I don't know what we will do at this point.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
This thread is of interest to me because on Monday my wife and I found out that she has breast cancer. Something will have to be done within a couple of weeks. She's not sure yet if she will just have the cancer taken out or have a masectomy.

Get a second opinion... and if she can have a "lumpectomy" that's far better than a masectomy. I have friends who have gone through both procedures... if it's not far advanced, masectomy is really not recommended.

Check into some masectomy support groups for her...and for yourself. She's going to be going through a lot of issues (trust me on this one, mmmkay?)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Actually, not exactly. Table salt raises blood pressure for sure, as it is extremely adulterated. However other forms of salt, for instance pharmaceutical grade salt tabs do not. the body actually needs salt for a variety of reasons, unfortunately what you have on your table could kill you.

Salts that aren't sodium can be used in higher dosages and if you're young and don't have health problems, then high doses of sodium chloride aren't a problem (we used to take them to avoide heat stroke.) Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate... and the sodium can contribute to other problems if you're trying to be careful with salt.

But in this case, we're not talking about a healthy person but someone who's very ill. The recommendations in the video really won't do anyone any good. I did read Nexus' note on cancers going away (and they do go into remission)... but we don't know if these people had cancer (and what type) -- or just had lumps -- and we don't know anything about a long term followup.

In any case, the original video was about cancer being a fungus and treating it with sodium bicarbonate. Fungi aren't particularly averse to sodium bicarb, and if cancer was a fungus, they it would be cleared up by athletes foot medicine and other fungal infection meds.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

In any case, the original video was about cancer being a fungus and treating it with sodium bicarbonate. Fungi aren't particularly averse to sodium bicarb, and if cancer was a fungus, they it would be cleared up by athletes foot medicine and other fungal infection meds.

That's a very good point actually. With all the anti-fungals out there at this point, one would think someone would have stumbled on a result by now, as there have got to be cancer patients with fungal issues.

Blueracer - my prayers are with you and your wife, and I'm with the get the second second opinion too, but ASAP is the key. Find out as fast as possible what the options are depending on what type of tumor it is and what stage it is at. Alternative therapies can be tried in conjunction with conventional medicine for purposes of healing and stoping future problems, but even though I personally have relied heavily on alternatives for myself, I wouldn't mess with cancer till after it was removed - period! If it hasn't spread yet, the longer you wait the longer it has a chance of spreading. I'm at that age where I just have seen too many friends go through this, and I would find out immediately what I am dealing with and act on it as fast as possible. A few weeks to decide.....if my Dr. said that he'd get smacked upside the head (and he knows it
. The most important thing now is your wife's situation is a priority and the Dr.(s) need to know that you feel that way.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This post is going to be a little "out there", but ATS being what it is, I thought that this thread might be the place to include it.

Before I do that, I just wanted to commiserate with Blueracer and to wish he and his wife the best of good fortune in the weeks ahead.

Now on to the thing I wanted to mention.

In many so called "primitive" cultures, deseases are thought to be caused by spirits. In some cultures bad fortune of any and all descriptions is thought to be caused by spirits. In some of these cultures, if anything goes even part way wrong, spirits are thought to be behind it. And of course anything that goes right is the result of spirit intervention.

Spirits are prayed to, propitiated, feared, cajoled, invoked and sometimes even retained as members of the family and given a portion of every meal eaten. Sometimes they are actually "married" by the living. The importance and status they are accorded can't be overestimated. People accept that they themselves are just pawns.

From the perspective of our culture, there is a comical aspect to this, a sense of a loss of perspective, as if one element of a society's knowledge has assumed an importance exaggerated to the point of the grotesque.

It reminds one of the status accorded the medical tradition of our own society.

This is an important point.

Someone from our society will say something like, "Yes, you have a point. Modern medicine has a hieratic, religious kind of mystery and status in our society, but there is a good reason for that status. It works."

In "primitive" cultures, similarly, spirits got their status because people believed they worked. I think it's reasonable to assume that often they did not work, just as today, our medicine, often, does not work.

However, on the face of it, considering the persistence and prevalance of these beliefs and the continued adherance to them, even today, and even where people have access to modern medicine, they must have worked in many more than just a few cases.

I'll finish by saying that a Brazilian Voodoo priestess once remarked to a journalist writing on the subject of Voodoo, "We can cause cancer and we can cure it."

More could be written on this subject, but this is an area where, just as in our own society, the world's of medicine and political power and closely guarded secrets meet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join