It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says if Americans inflated their tires properly we would save oil!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey, AGAIN!

800,000 starting today!=Obama's plan

200,000 20 years from now= McBush's plan

Also, you neocons(RR, WT) need to realize that Obama's plan is... Supported by NASCAR(You know those evil liberals) AAA, Bush's own Energy Department, Gov Frist of Florida and Gov Ah-hold of Cali, both Republicans and one is on the short list for VP on McBush's ticket.

And the last supporter of Obama's plan to save 800,000 barrels a day starting today? MCBUSH!

So go back to watching Fox Noise and let the big kids talk politics.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
Hey, AGAIN!

800,000 starting today!=Obama's plan

200,000 20 years from now= McBush's plan

Also, you neocons(RR, WT) need to realize that Obama's plan is... Supported by NASCAR(You know those evil liberals) AAA, Bush's own Energy Department, Gov Frist of Florida and Gov Ah-hold of Cali, both Republicans and one is on the short list for VP on McBush's ticket.

And the last supporter of Obama's plan to save 800,000 barrels a day starting today? MCBUSH!

So go back to watching Fox Noise and let the big kids talk politics.

Good grief!
Just because you spew propaganda does not mean it's true.

You just keep repeating the same dribble without commenting on the evidence which refutes most of what you say. And the remaining part is just you blowing smoke because you cannot back up everything you say with any evidence. So go back and read why your 800,000 figure is totally bogus and your 200,000 figure is so far off base, it's laughable.

So please provide some evidence and links to back up your statements or move along.

So go back to listening to your libroid media and continue your brainwashing. Perhaps you will feel more comfortable with your head back into the sand.
Isn't it time for you to get back on the little short yellow bus?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Uh, NASCAR, Bush's Energy Department, AAA, Republican Gov. and lastly Mc Bush is Liberal propaganda? Sad, neocon.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
That is assuming that ALL Americans are stupid enough to drive around on flat tires.

Not flat tires. Under-inflated tires. And a look isn't good enough. you can't see the difference between 20 psi and 30 psi for example (see link) ...

According to Guage It.com 85% of Drivers do not properly check their tire pressure.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Uh, NASCAR, Bush's Energy Department, AAA, Republican Gov. and lastly Mc Bush is Liberal propaganda? Sad, neocon.

Umm....Again, just you saying it does not mean it's true. Please provide some proof, like links, to back up your statements.

BTW: I guess you don't know what neocon means either.

You do realize that in order to be a neocon, a person must have been a liberal first right?
So are you a mind reader? Do you know that all the people you call 'neocons' were in fact a liberal at one point?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Umm....Again, just you saying it does not mean it's true. Please provide some proof, like links, to back up your statements.

NASCAR says Tire Pressure is Key to fuel Economy.
Dep artment of Energy advice on tire pressure
AAA suggests Proper Tire Inflation
McCain supports Obama in Tire Pressure Advice

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

HOW DARE YOU! Those evil NASCAR liberals are your source? And them evil liberals at the Bush Administration? WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA!!!

Wait, I'm not a Neocon. I don't think NASCAR, one of the most conservative groups out there, are liberal because they support Obama's plan. I don't think AAA, or Bush's own Energy Dept. are liberal for not agreeing to drilling in the skull of Panda's for oil.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Ok, ATS says there are new posts after mine but I can't see them, why?

Also, in 20 years, when McBush's plan will START, we will have electric, solar, and hydrogen cars. Heck Iceland is converting all of its busses to Hydrogen and working on its cars. Sure not that big a population but could you imagine if say, England followed them? And then France, and then Japan, and then... you get the point. You could easily see in just 10 years the use of oil go way down as the fully electric, solar, or hydrogen cars explode.

In fact isn't the new Prius Hybrid coming out with solar panels on top to help fuel econ even more? So what will happen when these, and others, sell more? Will we see the need for oil drop by 10% or more in the next two years? Probably according to others far more knowlegable than me.

Also, China is already looking to convert to Hydrogen, Solar, and full hybrids after all the bad PR they've gotten over thier pollution problems. So can you imagine 1BILLION people using Hydrogen and other Non Oil sources?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Gov Frist of Florida and Gov Ah-hold of Cali, both Republicans and one is on the short list for VP on McBush's ticket.

Wow, Bill Frist is now the governor of Florida!?!?

I think you mean Charlie Crist, dude. None of what you've written here changes the simple fact that Obama overstated his claim by a significant magnitude. Of course I expect that simple fact to be lost on you as I am familliar with your work.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
WhatTheory, are you blind or just ignorant?

Read this.
www.eia.doe.gov...

If you're interested in ANWR:
www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/anwr/pdf/sroiaf(2008)03.pdf

Both of these are form the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT ENERGY INFORMATION ADMINISTRATION. That's about as far away from propaganda from either side as you can get.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Gov Frist of Florida and Gov Ah-hold of Cali, both Republicans and one is on the short list for VP on McBush's ticket.

Wow, Bill Frist is now the governor of Florida!?!?

I think you mean Charlie Crist, dude. None of what you've written here changes the simple fact that Obama overstated his claim by a significant magnitude. Of course I expect that simple fact to be lost on you as I am familliar with your work.

Oops, just realized I said Bill Frist. What was I watching to get that distracted?

Anyways, NO OBAMA DIDN'T! Even BUSH'S OWN DEPARTMENT AGREES WITH HIM!

OBAMA'S PLAN= 800,000 BARRELS A DAY STARTING TODAY
MCBUSH'S PLAN= 200,000 BARRELS A DAY STARTING 20 YEARS FROM NOW!

So, who's plan is better?

Especially since I doubt oil will be a major fuel source 20 years from now with Hydrogen, Solar, and Electric cars booming.

So Epic Fail for McBush and all the Neocons blasting Obama.

Wait, even McBush says Obama's plan is good and supports it.

So, people who say Obama is right...
NASCAR
Bush's OWN Departments
McBush
Gov. Crist
Gov. Ah-Nold
Yeah, real evil liberal groups there...

People who say Obama is wrong...
What Theory
RR
You
Every other Neocon who hate Obama because he's a "Secret Muslim" and just happens to be black and not an oil man.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Slow down little one. I'm in no way, shape, or form a "neo-con." Neo-cons are liberal Republicans, "liberal" isn't a word ever used to describe me unless it refers to the way I use hot sauce on my food. Look up the Kaiser on a political depth chart and then look slightly to the right of where he is located and find me.

I already did the math part of this some ways back in the thread, feel free to look it up for yourself. It proves that even under worst case scenario, there's no way in hell inflating your tires is going to equal the reserves in offshore locations. I could give two sweet craps who agrees with Obama, who agrees with McCain, or who handed you your begel and cream cheese at the cafeteria this morning. I did the math, MYSELF, and the results weren't in Obama's favor.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030. Leasing would begin no sooner than 2012, and production would not be expected to start before 2017. Total domestic production of crude oil from 2012 through 2030 in the OCS access case is projected to be 1.6 percent higher than in the reference case, and 3 percent higher in 2030 alone, at 5.6 million barrels per day. For the lower 48 OCS, annual crude oil production in 2030 is projected to be 7 percent higher—2.4 million barrels per day in the OCS access case compared with 2.2 million barrels per day in the reference case (Figure 20). Because oil prices are determined on the international market, however, any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant.

Good source!!

Did you all see the part where they say:

"Because oil prices are determined on the international market, however, any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant."

Well....I would love a rebuttal.

I bet those liberals over at the the Department of Energy just hate America along with their militant wives. Furthermore, I am also sure they are Muslims....who won't wear flag pins.......or say the pledge......and think they are "messiahs".....

These kind of arguments are counter-productive. This is why we can't actually get together and solve the problem. If we could put politics aside long enough to actually try to fix this......imagine what could be accomplished.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You did the math? So your math supercedes Bush's Energy Department, AAA, NASCAR, and everyone else?

I also love how you say you "did the math" without showing any of it since everyone else, including the Bush ENERGY DEPARTMENT say Obama's plan will produce 800,000 barrels in savings a day starting today.

So, you and your "math" or everyone else and their actual math?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I also love how you say you "did the math" without showing any of it since everyone else, including the Bush ENERGY DEPARTMENT say Obama's plan will produce 800,000 barrels in savings a day starting today.

A) Try reading the thread before you make a further ass out of yourself. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hmm... to paraphrase GWB, it's clearly math because it has a lot of numbers in it. Now, by "not showing any of it" were you requesting my math be in some other form? Maybe heiroglyphics or pictures? I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at since I clearly showed my math and assumptions made.

B) Could you please link me to evidence of this claim that the Bush energy dept agrees with Obama's math?

C) Has Obama even shared this math with the general population, or is it filed in the same category as his original birth certificate, his patriotism, and his qualifications for being president of the USA (ie: Nonexistant)?

D) Once again, exactly what is the main point of this whole God damned thread? Is it whether or not we should properly inflate our tires in general
or is it whether or not Barack Hussein Obama grossly overstated the benefits of properly infalted tires? Seems to me that you're playing the role of a stooge for Obama here. The man made a stupid comment, nothing new for this candidate as he has a history of doing just that (thousands dead in Kansas tornadoes, 57 states in the Union, lies about inspiration derived from a Life magazine photo that never existed, his grandfather liberated Aushwitz, New Coke tatses better than Old Coke. etc) Just deal with the fact that your horse in this race is running on lame legs and stop trying to defend him through equally lame excuses. Barack Obama is just like any other politician in this country, you can always tell he's lying just by watching to see if his lips are moving.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

burdman....category C)

McCain was born in Panama. Please explain how this relates to his relevance, and how is thusly able to be a President of the United States.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

UH, he was born on a US military base to American born parents who were there because his dad was military. Just a tad different from a kid born (maybe) on US soil to a citizen mother and a non-citizen father, don't you think? Besides, the comment wasn't intended to question Obama's citizenship as much as it was intended to question why, exactly, he turned his birth certificate into such a bone of contention and was so secretive with it, finally producing a facsimile of it rather than the original. I believe McCain has never denied, debated, hidden, or been anything other than open and honest about the fact he was born on a US base, to US parents, inside US controlled territory in the Canal Zone.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by WhatTheory

NASCAR says Tire Pressure is Key to fuel Economy.
Dep artment of Energy advice on tire pressure
AAA suggests Proper Tire Inflation
McCain supports Obama in Tire Pressure Advice

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

** SIGH **
Does anyone pay attention?

You missed the entire point!

The point was NOT if McCain or Nascar agreed that putting air in your tires will get you better gas mileage. The point of the discussion and your quote of me was to show me links proving McCain, governors and everyone else Krieger listed agreed with Obama's energy plan. So unless you mean that Obama's entire energy policy is inflating tires, you are wrong and your links worthless.

And it's funny that Krieger only spews propaganda without providing any links. I asked him twice already, yet he refuses to show proof. Sad, just sad.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

OBAMA'S PLAN= 800,000 BARRELS A DAY STARTING TODAY
MCBUSH'S PLAN= 200,000 BARRELS A DAY STARTING 20 YEARS FROM NOW!

So, who's plan is better?

I already proved your numbers incorrect and destroyed your entire premise, yet you keep spewing the same falsehoods. Why?

I asked you to provide links to prove your statements about how McCain and those governors you listed agree with Obama's energy plan and again you refuse to answer.

So please move along if you want to have a discussion with the adults if you are going to ignore evidence which refutes your propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join